• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Daggers at Midnight

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Tagawai can have the wolf," Garnet suggests, not sure if she is kidding.

[sblock=Garnet stat block]
Garnet
Initiative: +3, +5 underground
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 12 Touch); +2 vs. aberrations
HP: 34 Current: 34
CMB: +5 CMD: 18; bonuses vs. aberrations
Fort: +5 Reflex: +4 Will: +2; bonuses vs. poisons, spells, spell-like abilities & fear
Current Weapon in Hand:
+1 Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +07, Damage: 1d10+3, Crit: 20/x3
Mwrk Spiked Light Shield: Attack: +06 Damage: 1d4+2

TWF: -2 attk w/both wpns, STR/2 dmg w/off-hand (shield)
+1 to-hit vs. Goblins
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Considering his master and subsequent probable diet, I wouldn't consider the wolf to be a good choice for a meal. I'd be too afraid of inadvertant food poisoning." Ausk grimaces at just the thought of eating the probably tainted meat of the dead animal companionl.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: Choo, choo. :p
The dead wolf is a bit mangy, but partially cooked from the wizard's fire jets.

Ready to go, either right away or after Pari gets some wold flesh for Tagaiwi, you head out from the cathedral. Shortly you arrive at the large iron bound door of the Temple of Helerion.

Ringing the iron knocker on the sturdy wooden door, someone checks through the little window and getting a good look you, a gaggle of crazy adventurers with a few unusual trophies. The on duty paladin slides the window shut and opens the door.

He asks,
"What is that you want at this time of night?"
GM: I realize you are having a possibly important plot-related discussion about Narissa and Arzethel. However, considering events that will happen in your future, there will be significant RL time before you will discuss this with the priest and have the benefits of his research as well. I recommend tabling it for now.

Shayuri

First Post
"We have the creatures who wanted to buy that holy sword from a demonic woman," Maia answers. "Two of them, anyway...the others are dead. But one of them is the leader."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The paladin guarding the entrance bids you to wait.

Shortly afterward, a very tired looking Jael Kedric, dressed a hastily donned robe over his night clothes makes an appearance.
SirKedric.jpg

The Father takes a look at the beast and goblin, "I see you survived and took prisoners. Ahh... that wolf-fiend appears to be a Barghest, very dangerous."

He looks at you expectantly with his sleepy expression.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet quickly describes the fight, including the fact that the Barghest was disguised as a goblin and used the name Azerthel. "It must have been trying to fool the goblins into following it. But what is it doing in Venza?" She concludes.

Remove ads