[LPF] Daggers at Midnight

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The priest gestures for you to bring your trophies, er... prisoners inside the chapter house.
SirKedric.jpg

Jael says, "You may use some empty quarters as a holding cell, but the room will not lock and you will have to watch over them tonight until the elders decide what to do about."

"Perhaps I can persuade them to assume responsibility for your charges until I finish my research and you can then decide what you wish to do with them."

The priest shows you to a bare room, that has simple amenities, cots and wash basins. You can spend an uneventful night watching over your prisoners and catching up on rest.

By late morning you have completed your morning routines and everyone is refreshed in time for brunch. A few wet behind the ears paladins have been assigned to watch over the two unconscious forms while you go about your business.

GM: You have rested and replenished spells. Spellcasters should check if their prepared spells are as they wish them to be.

Plot reminders: This post: http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/307825-lpf-daggers-midnight.html#post5606619 and Jael will have information for you the following day about the rest of the Githyanki dispatches and Barghests.

I am not sure how you wish to spend the new day IC, but I can change the scenes in reaction to what you want to do.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: I think at least one of us should be with the wet behind the ears paladins. Perhaps 2 hour shifts?

new spell list:

0 Level
* Mage Hand
* Detect Magic
* Light
* acid splash

Level 01
* Burning Hands# (1)
* Magic weapon
* Feather fall
* Magic Missile

Level 02
*Burning hands of acid &
* scorching ray #
* Cat's grace

( - ) denotes a cast spell
(1) cast at +1 level (trait)
(#)denotes a fire elementalist spell
(&) denotes changed to acid

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet rises, looks disdainfully at the two bodies to make sure they are still unconscious, then washes her face with the basin the acolytes left. She speaks to the others as she begins donning her armor.

"We shouldn't wake the demon until the Father's told us more about it," she observes. "But we could heal the goblin enough to talk, and get some facts from it. Where their lair is, what Azerthel told them and had them doing, that sort of thingl." She shrugs. "We've this meeting about `Madrigan' tonight, but we may as well try and get something done ahead of time."

OOC: Garnet would probably agree to having one stay to assist the paladins if Heinrich suggests it IC, but I'd feel a bit bummed at player-level if someone missed out on something interesting doing it. Tabletop, that sort of thing is less important, but somebody could conceivably be shut out of play for a week that way in PbP.

Scott DeWar

"Ja ist goot to leve deamon dog unhealed. Das Paladin Krieger keine Schlachten were put to guard und they are not going to bee goot to sat alive. goblin dog will eat them alive. One of us might be goot to join them, Ja?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After several hours it is clear that the prisoners are not healing at any faster rate than can be expected. The goblin archer will take 4 more days to wake up naturally, but the beast will regain consciousness tomorrow most likely.
GM: Arzethel at -4HP (Healed 6 overnight)
Gob Archer at -8HP (Healed 2 overnight)

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk will volunteer to stand guard over the prisoners while the others go out and look for leads. Making sure the barghest's limbs are tightly bound, he'll pull out his flail, and watch quietly, ready to strike him unconscious again at a moment's notice.

OOC: Ausk would help with any information gathering, but he's far more effective as a guard.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The two paladins on guard duty insist that Ausk's services are not necessary during the day.

GM: I would prefer that you all stay together. We can do the Gather Info checks off camera. But I need more people to be involved in the decision making process, even OOC is better than not posting.

Garnet suggested healing the gob archer for interrogation so I am waiting on consensus for what you are going to do next.

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Given the lack of other suggestions, I say we go with Garnet's. After that we can try to hit the streets again, but we haven't had much luck with that yet.

Scott DeWar

Heinrich would agree with the goblin archer being healed for interrogation. he will have his trusty dagger: goblin-bain on hand, still sporting goblin blood, skin and hair on it. (gruesome, ain't it?)

Shayuri

First Post
"Lets wake the gobbin up then," agrees Maia happily. She appears to have no idea of what an interrogation entails besides healing something enough for it to awaken. "I'm sure he'll be grateful for us not killing him, and healing him. Maybe we can convince him to join us!"

Remove ads