[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Damaris.jpg

Damaris (NPC'd) gave up on the illusions having any impact on the battle that broke and instead offered and inspirational song about beheading foes in the name of love.

[Sblock=Actions]Move to V61
Inspire Courage +2 at the end of the Round so everyone gets its benefits next Round.[/Sblock][sblock=Ministats]
Damaris - Bard lvl 6
HP 39/47
Init +4
AC 20 | Touch 15 | FF 16
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+3 | R+10 | W+5

Perception +8 | Sense Motive 11* (Vers. Perform.) | Bluff 11* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +11 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +9 (1d6)
Longsword +6 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +8 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 7/14 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 1/5 day. lvl2 Invisibility, Silence, Pyrotechnics, Glitter Dust 3/4 day
Spell-like ability: Message 0/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Normal Arrows (11).[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 13:52 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

As the pair of dwarves moved forward a number of boulders from the ceiling fell and rained down on them. Each were struck hard by heavy stones on their head and shoulders. The open area they crossed was littered with rocks and made it difficult to cross.

Ru and Damaris noticed there was an alcove with some tiny hole in the wall for observing the hidden opening.

Rhas and Umthirn could see the stone steps descended for about 10 feet and ended in a door.

TeiflingRogue_zpsff084696.png

The tielfing Umthirn hit was swaying on his feet, dropping his crossbow from the stunning impact. The one prone on the stairs braved the dwarf's weapon and stood up to pull back down the stairs and away from his assailant.

The other tieflings counterattacked with drawn shortwords. Ru parried the stabbing thrust. Umthirn was not so lucky taking a superficial wound on his shoulder.

OOC: Combat: Round 2 – Everyone is up
[sblock=Combat Information]Trap trigger (Q59/60 & R59/60 are difficult terrain)
Umthirn took 14 dmg
Rhas took 17 dmg
T1 drew shortsword & missed Ru
T2 drew shortsword & hit Umthirn 5 dmg
T3 failed save and was stunned (dropped crossbow)
T4 stood, took AoO and moved back

Initiative:
Tieflings
You Guys

Tactical Map:
1. The boulders in Q59/60 & R59/60 are difficult terrain
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc6Map02_zps4df182ee.jpg

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        43/47 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   43/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      23/66 HP remaining; 17 dmg
Umthirn:   32/62 HP remaining; 19 dmg

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 5/6; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Perf 7/14; Spells 1st 2/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 2/6
Conditions in effect: Message, Dancing Lights (4/10 rounds), Ghost Sound (4/6 Rnds)
Enemy Status:
Code:
T1  [AC16, Touch 12, CMD15]: 21/21hp
T2  [AC16, Touch 12, CMD15]: 21/21hp
T3  [AC16, Touch 12, CMD15]: 7/21hp
T4  [AC16, Touch 12, CMD15]: 9/21hp
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Umthirn turned from the stunned Tiefling to face the newcomer, sweat dripping from his ponytail as it swung. He leveled two quick blows at the Tiefling, the second connecting with his opponent's leather-armored gut. The dwarf feints to his left before leveling a final blow across the Tiefling's chin.

"Finish that bloody runner," Umthirn calls to his cousin, heedless of the blood dripping from his own shoulder. "I'll finish up here."

[sblock=ooc]
Flurry of blows against Tiefling 2. I am including the +2 bonus from Damaris' bardic song on both attack and damage.

Also, my reading of the rules is that I can apply Stunning Fist to Flurry of Blows, yes? If so, I would like to use Stunning Fist on both of the first two attacks (both the ones at +10). If you will allow me to skip the second use if he fails on the first save, then I would like to do that, but otherwise I will use both.

First 2 blows:

1d20+10=12, 1d8+1d6+7=10, 1d20+10=24, 1d8+1d6+7=16

First is 12 to-hit, 10 dmg (presumably misses)
Second is 24 to-hit, 16 dmg

Third blow:
3rd of FoB (1d20+5=19, 1d8+1d6+7=17)
19 to-hit, 17 dmg

EDIT: So, first shot looks like it misses, so second shot had Stunning Blow as well. Two uses down. Third blow may have taken the sucker down, making the whole thing moot.

PM, please do not forget Umthirn's AoO if T3 tries to draw a weapon.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Umthirn
AC: 17 (Touch 17, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4 Movement: 40'
Perception: +12 Sense Motive: +12 Acrobatics: +11 ( +6 with jump checks)
CMB: +9 (11 w/ Grapple) CMD: 24 (26 vs Grapple/28 vs Trip & Bull Rush)
Fort: +8&% Reflex: +8&* Will: +9&
& +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities
% +2 vs poison/drugs, +4 vs alcohol
* Evasion

Stunning Fists (DC 17) 2/6
Exploit Weakness against Target D20+9 (DC 10+ (CR/Hardness):
Bonus To hit Active: +2 to hit / Ignore DR
Bonus to Defense Active: +2 AC/Reflex/Sense Motive
Immune To Fatigue

In Hand: Unarmed Attack: +8 1d8+5+1d6 or +8/+8/+3 Flurry: 1d8+5+1d6

Consumables Used:
13 taps of CLW
Bottle of Mage Armor Armor

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?346804-LPF-Kaedyn-s-Quest/page79#ixzz3CdZgMYUR
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

Ru slashes again, this time with both blades, and while he can't see the effects, he feels the familiar resistance of flesh against one of his strikes.

"Okay, then. First blood to me, so how about we move this dance somewhere that I can see you?" Ru calls out. He steps back out of the shadows, hoping the tiefiling's wound will be enough to incite it to follow him.

[sblock=ooc]Full attack: TWF vs tiefling:

TWF attack T1;damage;Miss chance (high = hit). (1d20+9=16, 1d6=6, 1d100=94, 1d20+9=14, 1d6=3, 1d100=6)

On hit for full damage. Which is a paltry 6, but hooray for hitting in the dark, anyway.

5' step to V62. Ru can't make AoO in the dark, anyway, so staying where he was does nothing to stop the tiefling from running off. Which means there's no reason not to try pulling his opponent out of concealment. It'll still be another round before he can, mind, but might as well start early. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 43/47

Initiative: +4
Perception: +8 (+9 Traps) Sense Motive: +6
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +11 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +9, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +7/+7, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +8, 1d6
Shuriken: +8, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:Ioun Stone illumination, "blind" from darkness (-2 AC, -4 Str/Dex skill / opposed perception, enemies gain 50% concealment, DC 10 Acro needed to move faster than half speed. Retains Dex to AC due to Uncanny Dodge)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 0/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 39/50 remaining

Used: 15 days' rations[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Bloodied, Rhas nods. "Aye cousin. Stay safe, I'll be back in a jiff." He sidles forward, trying to keep out of the way of the tiefling's blade, and advances on the other tiefling with a flurry of axe blows.

[sblock=OOC]Move with Acrobatics to avoid AoO if other tiefling not stunned. Acrobatics if necessary (1d20+1=7)

And pathetic roll: Attack with bardsong on T4 (1d20+10=11, 1d20+4=22) (Whoops ... can you spot the typo?)

Going to burn Reliable Strike because I don't like the idea of him going through that door. Attack with bardsong on T4. Reliable Strike (1d20+10=20, 1d10+4=8)

Crap. 1 HP left.

AoO if necessary. Attack with bardsong on T4. AoO (1d20+10=27, 1d10+4=14)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19+2 (13+2 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 22
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+8, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13
Initiative: +4

Reliable Strike: 0/1

Weapon in Hand: Dwarven Waraxe (+8, 1d10+2, 20x3) and Heavy Steel Shield
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=GM Note]Mfloyd3: Yes, Stunning Fist can be used with Flurry of Blows. That would be 2 uses of it expended. However, drawing weapons doesn’t provoke AoOs. ;)

I will give Soulnova a few days to see if she comes back before NPCing Damaris again.[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] EEEK! SORRY I was without internet until now! As I recall she had her shortbow sooo.... can she see T2 if she moves to S61 or is it in complete darkness? Even then... If she shoots straight ahead could she hit Rhas or Umthrim instead?? I want to avoid that.

Free Action: Inspire Courage +2 atk/+2dmg (6/14)

If Damaris can shoot ahead without hitting her friends then go on with the following.
Swift Action: Arcane Strike +2 dmg
Move Action: Move to S61
Standar Action: Shoots T2 or at his location with Rapid Shot + Point Blank Shot (+1 atk/ +1 dmg) ((is this applicable?))

1d20+10=29, 1d6+5=10, 1d20+10=19, 1d6+5=9

Otherwise she steps to V60 and keeps on singing.

[/sblock]

Damaris.jpg

"Hey, you little devils~.... What? No love for me? How rude! What's a girl to do get a good dance around here?" she teases the tieflings to try to draw their attention from Rhas and Umthrim.

[sblock=Ministats]
Damaris - Bard lvl 6
HP 39/47
Init +4
AC 20 | Touch 15 | FF 16
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+3 | R+10 | W+5

Perception +8 | Sense Motive 11* (Vers. Perform.) | Bluff 11* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +11 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +9 (1d6)
Longsword +6 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +8 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 6/14 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 1/5 day. lvl2 Invisibility, Silence, Pyrotechnics, Glitter Dust 3/4 day
Spell-like ability: Message 0/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Normal Arrows (11).
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 13:52 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

TeiflingRogue_zpsff084696.png

Umthirn took down one of the tieflings in time for Damaris to see it fall. Damaris shot her arrows at the other, wounded one that was accosting the dwarf. The tiefling fell to the dirt floor leaving Umthirn no longer surrounded.

The tiefling down the stairs was almost fatally wounded and not looking very good. He gave up trying to attack and opened the door. He stepped through the doorway and shut it behind him. In the brief glimpsed that he received, Rhas saw a large stone chamber and a number of humanoid shaped people inside. From his side of the closed door he could hear the muffled shouting on the other side.

The lone tiefling showed no signs of surrendering and he stepped in close with Damaris and attempted to stab the elusive human woman with his shortsword. The blade cut a shallow furrow on her hip.

OOC: Combat: Round 3 – Everyone is up
[sblock=Combat Information]T1 hit Damaris 5 dmg
T4 opened & closed door with 5ft step in between

Initiative:
Tieflings
You Guys

Tactical Map:
1. The boulders in Q59/60 & R59/60 are difficult terrain
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc6Map03_zpsf83ca0d8.jpg

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        43/47 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   38/47 HP remaining; 5 dmg
Rhas:      23/66 HP remaining; 
Umthirn:   32/62 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 5/6; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Perf 8/14; Spells 1st 2/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 4/6
Conditions in effect: Message, Dancing Lights (3/10 rounds), Ghost Sound (3/6 Rnds)
Enemy Status:
Code:
T1  [AC16, Touch 12, CMD15]: 15/21hp
T2  [AC0]: -2/21hp
T3  [AC0]: -2/21hp
T4  [AC16, Touch 12, CMD15]: 1/21hp
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]With T2 being dropped, I redirected Damaris’s arrows at T3. I also rolled concealment for the dim light.

Due to timing, everyone but Damaris can still use Inspire Courage +2 this new round even if Damaris does not use a Free Action to keep it going.[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"We can deal with this one~. Let's see how good a dancer you are!"
she tells her dwarven friends.

[sblock]Who's up then? Everyone else?[/sblock]

Remove ads