• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Lost Imperium

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia had scanned the area for magic and picked up the wand from under some vegetation by seeing the magical aura. She kept focusing and was soon able to discern the properties and triggering mechanism.

She handed the wand to Quillian, saying, "I think you are best to have this. It functions just like the one I have, but it is fully charged. We can use this before using our own."

The sorceress was practical first, but once the wand was found she was a bit sad that the poor victim of an owner was just lying there decomposing. "Shall we give him a burial?"

Spellcraft to ID Wand (1d20+8=18)

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +5 (7 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)
HP:
26 Current: 26
CMD:
12, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
None
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 4/7, 2nd Level: 2/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +12
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP:
13 Current: 13
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +6
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +8, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
"Yes we should bury the poor soul. Hopefully he came to a quick end."
A bit somber Tsaaruck looks for anything that will aid in digging and begins to dig the grave for the tinker. The brute seems a bit sad as if he is thinking about the horrible things that might have happened in this camp as indeed he is remember his childhood and all that he witnessed.

[sblock=ministats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 41 current: 35
CMB: +7 / CMD: 19 Fort: +6 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 10/10

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

"That would appropriate, yes. I can provide a brief prayer or two for the occasion." While more somber than usual at the sight of the dead man, Quillian manages to remain largely upbeat as he gives a few brief words to the departed soul.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Once the unfortunate tinker is laid to rest Brother Goswald looks over at their captive.

"What are you going to do with that hobgoblin?"

w26c.png

. . . . Brother Goswald . . . .

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia shrugged at the question, the camp was already found and they now had a prisoner that was probably useless unless there were more bandits around in other camps. A notion she was finding unlikely.

"Letting him go hardly seams like a good idea. Are you suggesting we string him up from a tree?"

She was not one of those law and order types. But she was not a complete anarchist either. The sorceress was not going to raise an objection if they simply executed the bandit.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +5 (7 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)
HP:
26 Current: 26
CMD:
12, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
None
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 4/7, 2nd Level: 2/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +12
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP:
13 Current: 13
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +6
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +8, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

"Eh, strip him down, make sure he's going to be out cold for a good long time, tie him to a tree, leave a rusty dagger nearby that he may or may not manage to find, and let him live or die on his own terms. While I'm no fan of banditry, we can't exactly kill him outright at this point either without stooping to his level."

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruck looks back at the hobgoblin and snorts in disgust. "We would do the world a favor if we bury him here and be rid of him. Though that is not my way. Tie him to a tree and let the gods decide his fate. No knife, he does not deserve that kindness. The gods will either provide his care or his destruction."
With the tinker laid to rest he walks to his horse and prepares to leave not caring of the fate of the hobgoblin.

[sblock=ministats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 41 current: 35
CMB: +7 / CMD: 19 Fort: +6 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 10/10

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad nodded, "I must agree with Tsaaruck. He was a loathsome and vile creature in life, and there's no telling how many lives he preyed upon, especially those who could've been as helpless as he is now. Even unarmed and lost in these woods, he could still be a potential threat to future travelers, either like us, or like him," he gestured to the fresh grave before continuing, "Tying him to a tree and leaving him to himself would simply be a slow and arduous death, to which execution would be merciful in contrast. Or we could bring him with us, and turn him in when we arrive, though we'd have to devote energy and resources to keeping him alive, and more than I am willing. I say whatever we do, we do it here."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Goswald nods in agreement with Samad but answers the question that Pirvinia put forth and Quillian and Tsaaruk's comments.

"I'd not waste the rope on him but give him a knife across the throat. It's more mercy than they gave that tinker. It's a rough justice but out here in the wild it's a rougher life than in the city with guardsmen to protect the weak and jails to lock away the unrepentant. Even there murder and brigandry warrants execution."

w26c.png

. . . . Brother Goswald . . . .

Garadh_zps2e17f378.jpg

Garadh

Garadh nods to Samad. "Leaving him to die slowly without a means of escape is crueler than I'm comfortable with." He thinks for a moment. "And dragging him with us... seems like the same thing, just drawing it out, unless you think there's any chance some city's authorities would do anything but kill him.

I'm no executioner, though - killing a helpless captive -- even a hobgoblin -- goes against my grain. If you cut his bonds, though, I'd be willing to..." He finishes the sentence by drawing his sword.

Mini-stats:
[sblock]
Garadh
Initiative: +2
HP : 35, currently 35
AC: 21 (touch 13, flat-footed 18)
CMB +7, CMD 19
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +0
With +1 longsword: Normal attack +8 melee, 1d8+5 damage. Power Attack +7 melee, 1d8+7 damage.
[/sblock]

Remove ads