[LPF] Lost Imperium

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the delay. I've been sick with some pretty bad headaches. I'll try to get something posted in the next day or so.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Again, I apologize for the long delay. A couple of days off work and I was ready to post again but then my home internet access had gone out. Until I figure it out I'm limited to posting from work so I may be a bit sporadic over the next few days.[/sblock]

Brother Goswald is up early the next morning, long before the sun even. Already chill, it turned even colder during the night and thick, fat flakes of snow slowly spiral to the ground from a grey sky that blurs the border between sky and mountain. Goswald has built up the fire, probably beyond 'concealment' levels agreed upon the previous night, and put a kettle on to heat. Added spices and raisons make the warming wine smell particularly enticing to those just waking.

"A bit of mulled wine to warm you up," he says pouring a bit into a heavy clay cup and handing it over.

Once everyone is up and broken their fast Brother Goswald makes his prediction for the day. "We should get there today and I hope long before dark." Goswald leads off along the ridge scanning lower down the mountain intently. It is maybe an hour or two past midday, though it is hard to tell with the thick, grey skies still dropping snow, when Goswald stops at a break in the trees and points down a steep slope to a hive-shaped lump on the side of the hill a mile or so off.

Excitement clouds his voice, "Just down here! Look, you can see the ruined outbuildings..." He is correct. Surrounding the hive-shaped lump are the ruined walls of a monastic grounds capped with a thin layer of snow.

w26c.png

. . . . Brother Goswald . . . .

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia shivered; even wearing her cold weather clothing she could not help it. She reined in her horse and the black roan’s breath puffed out of its nostrils, visible in the crisp mountain air.

“Yes, it is certainly there.”

“Is there a trail down?”

“With the snow on the ground, it should be easy to tell if anyone has left their tracks in the area. Shall we look for them as we get closer?”
She asked Quillian as he proved to be proficient in finding the hobgoblin camp previously.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +5 (7 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)
HP:
26 Current: 26
CMD:
12, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
None
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 6/7, 2nd Level: 4/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +12
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP:
13 Current: 13
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +6
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +8, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
"Yes there it is and with it this creature that chased you. Let us see who runs this time." Tsaaruck scans the surroundings and listens intently for a moment before giving up due to the sounds of their own horses trudging along.

[sblock=ministats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 41 current: 35
CMB: +7 / CMD: 19 Fort: +6 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 10/10

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Brother Goswald examines the ground between their horses and the ruins farther down slope. He glances over the group who have proven to be adept at all sorts of skills before he points out a potential path.

"I think we could make it down that slope there. It levels out a little just before coming to the edge of the ruins." He studies the scene a bit longer before speaking again. "I don't see any tracks in the snow, or movement. Do any of you?"

[sblock=Perception DC 15]Not only do you not see tracks or movement in the ruin, the snow covering, grey skies, and falling snow mask the size of the ruin. It is much larger than you were led to believe and considering its placement on the mountain could go deep into the mountain.[/sblock]

w26c.png

. . . . Brother Goswald . . . .

Garadh_zps2e17f378.jpg

Garadh

Garadh peers at the snow on the slope intently. "No, I don't see any tracks either. Ruin looks awfully big though... quite large for a monastery don't you think?"

Rolls:
Perception = 1d20+6 = 17

Mini-stats:
[sblock]
Garadh
Initiative: +2
HP : 35, currently 35
AC: 21 (touch 13, flat-footed 18)
CMB +7, CMD 19
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +0
With +1 longsword: Normal attack +8 melee, 1d8+5 damage. Power Attack +7 melee, 1d8+7 damage.
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

"Nothing that I can see, but than, I'm not much of an expert on mountains and these creatures could potentially fly or glide most probably so
tracks, or lack there of, don't mean much
."

Perception (1d20+7=12)

[sblock=ministats]AC: 19 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 17)
HP: 20/20 Initiative: +2
Perception : +7 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
*+2 vs fear, charm, compulsion
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place:

Lightning Arc 5/5

Magic:
CL 3; +9 Concentration (+13 Casting Defensively); SR +3
Spontaneous Domain Casting
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused

Cantrips - Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1st - Obscuring Mist; Cure Light Wounds, Flare Burst, Produce Flame
2nd - Wind Wall; Spider Climb, Summon Nature's Ally II[/sblock]

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruck views the scene with an eye that is accustomed to the wild lands and realizes this structure seems to be quite large."No tracks but as Garadh says this seems awfully large for a monastery in the wilds."

[sblock]
perception check 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 41 current: 35
CMB: +7 / CMD: 19 Fort: +6 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 10/10

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

Remove ads