• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] No Loitering

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli and Erin finish their studies and whatever it was that Kepli was doing (it didn't look like praying) about the same time. Kepli shoots the other woman a look of commiseration and moves over to the tree where Siddhartha is napping or meditating (she isn't quite sure) and throws a pinecone up at the man.

"Hey! We have work to do. Come on down. Don't make me send Scuttle up there!" She turns away chuckling to herself and winks at Erin. "At this point, I'm not sure we really know enough to make a plan. I suggest we go and decide on the wing, so to speak." She hefts her pack onto her shoulders. "I may not be the most stealthy but I have been watching how you and Wilmorn do it and I think I can manage."

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha the Hunter
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 2/17
AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Initiative: +6
Unarmed: C. Longbow SR2 +6 d8+2
Armed: Longsword +6 d8+4
Arrows: 97/100
Common Modifiers: Deadly Aim -1/+2, Point-Blank +1/+1[/sblock]

The man in the tree wordlessly acquiesces to Kepli's suggestion. "Siddhartha will come, but will stay back a bit."

[sblock=OOC]What are we doing about the two MIA players?[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese, Magus Initiate

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png

"If you'd like to accompany us, by all means. Scuttle's help in scouting would be appreciated."

[sblock=Erin Vaneese Mini Stats]

Erin Vaneese
AC:17 (11 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: -1 Sense Motive: -1
Initiative: +4

Concentration: +6
Arcane Pool: 4/5
Level 0 Spells Prepared: Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1 Spells Prepared: 2/2 Mirror Strike, Shocking Grasp

Class Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics +10, Profession (Cook) +4, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +12

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakazashi, +6, 1d6-1, 18-20, S or P
Current Conditions in Effect: Str -3
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Aszar being leveled up is a good thing, especially since he's secondary (thought limited) healing support.

If one of you would be willing to robo-run Aszar and the another Wilmorn during your scouting run, that would be ideal. When we get to any combat encounter, if Wilmorn isn't leveled / back yet, we'll knock him out and shove him to the side, since I'm not comfortable doing partial leveling for another individual. [/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Wilmorn, human male

[sblock=MiniStats][SIZE=+1]Wilmorn[/SIZE] Human Ranger 1
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +2

In Hand: Bardiche
Conditions: Poisoned, reduced strength (-2),
Medium Encumbrance (+3 dex max, -3 ACP, 20' move)
Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
  • Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival
  • Weapon Attack and Damage
  • May ID creature untrained (look, it's a human!)
Wild Empathy: 1d20-1
Skills:

Acrobatics +7, Handle Animal +2, K(Dungeoneering) +5, K(Geography) +5, K(Nature)+5, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Survival(Track) +7

Notes for this trip:
Chain shirt (equipped; removed studded leather)
[/sblock]

The dapper ranger finishes licking his own wounds. "I suppose I can help lead the scout team again. Master's wisdom has paid off for me so far." I hope.

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=marching order]unless some objects, I gues we can do two rows of 3 , 40 feet apart. Front row Wilmorn scuttle tiefling, back row fish guy Kepli siddhartha. [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli shrugs and looks to the side avoiding Erin's eyes.

"Yes, well... I'm not good at it by any means. A walk in the woods one day won't give me your level of skill so it might be best if I stay back with Aszar." Aszar grunts and looks pointedly at his horse. "I don't think we should get too far apart though. It turned out to be nearly deadly last time. Scuttle will fly along with you. Or as 'along with' as it gets with Scuttle. Lead on, Erin."

Hearing his name a couple of time the bird tilts his head towards Kepli, makes a strained croak and takes a hop towards the tiefling.

[/section]
[sblock=OOC]I've played witches before so if it helps, jkason, I'll run Aszar if you want me to.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
The group, finally agreed, collects themselves and heads in the direction their map tells them the camp should be. Hoping to avoid more encounters like the orcs, they slip off the path, working their way through the trees and hoping not to find (or at least not to come to the attention to) any parols.

[sblock=ooc]Great. Thanks for picking them up, folks. I appreciate it.

Did anyone drink CLW potions? I think Kepli handed them to some hurt people, but I may have overlooked rolls for the healing. If so, just smack me with a link so I can get stats updated in my status tracker.

As for fighting with level 1 Wilmorn, I'm really hesitant. We're in a bit of a catch-22 here, since I feel like you might need him, but that he may just be squish-bait as lvl 1. Lemme consider.

In the meantime, let's get some stealth and perception from everyone else. [/sblock]

Remove ads