• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] No Loitering

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I think you can level the automatics for him (HP, defences, BAB, etc) and leave open feats and skill choices. That way he wont be so squishy

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman (+Aszar)

[section]
Kepli tries her hardest to move silently through the woods and manages to do a decent job of it. She would like to think that she would do even better on the decks of the halfling boats where she was raised but truth is she probably wouldn't.

"Good thing I'm back here," she mutters to Siddhartha and Aszar. Aszar stares at Kepli with his cold, undecipherable and almost fish-like gaze. He moves slowly, painfully so, but is remarkably silent. Klot'kar nips Aszars headfin as if to say 'Pay attention.'

Scuttle flies ahead with Erin and Wilmorn. He flies twenty or so feet ahead and lands on a branch to wait for everyone to catch up. A couple of times he flies in the wrong direction and has to fly catch up himself though maybe he was just following something he found interesting.

[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Kepli Perception: _: 1D20+11 = [9]+11 = 20
Kepli Stealth: _: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17

Scuttle Perception: _: 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18
Scuttle Stealth: _: 1D20+14 = [17]+14 = 31

Aszar Perception: _: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
Aszar Stealth: _: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17

Klot'kar Perception: _: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22

[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha the Hunter
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 2/17
AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Stealth: +2
Initiative: +6
Unarmed: C. Longbow SR2 +6 d8+2
Armed: Longsword +6 d8+4
Arrows: 97/100
Common Modifiers: Deadly Aim -1/+2, Point-Blank +1/+1[/sblock]

Siddhartha readies his bow, packs his belongings, and sets out in back watching the ranger and tiefling from afar.

[sblock=Perception 13 Stealth 20]Perception +3 Stealth +2: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13
1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Siddhartha was not given and did not take any potions as of yet. Also, didn't get the notification email for updates. Sorry for the late post.[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Wilmorn, human male

[sblock=MiniStats][SIZE=+1]Wilmorn[/SIZE] Human Ranger 1
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +2

In Hand: Bardiche
Conditions: Poisoned, reduced strength (-2),
Medium Encumbrance (+3 dex max, -3 ACP, 20' move)
Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
  • Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival
  • Weapon Attack and Damage
  • May ID creature untrained (look, it's a human!)
Wild Empathy: 1d20-1
Skills:

Acrobatics +7, Handle Animal +2, K(Dungeoneering) +5, K(Geography) +5, K(Nature)+5, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Survival(Track) +7

Notes for this trip:
Chain shirt (equipped; removed studded leather)
[/sblock]

A grim determination takes over the ranger. "Let's move!"

[sblock=Perception 19 Stealth 23]Perception +6 and Stealth +6 for Wilmorn: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]@FrancisJohn , Kepli explicitly earmarked a potion for Siddhartha here. The post specified "when he got down," so I suppose there might be confusion there, but the potion was / is available. So far as I know, drinking one doesn't impact stealth or perception. You're also welcome to forego the potion and go into the Grand Guignol without full HP. Entirely your call. :devil:
[MENTION=6700202]Anastrace[/MENTION] , I've been told by other parties (who wanted me to pass on the message) that your PM box is full. I've behind on my own PM's, though, so you may have already resolved that. Sorry if the heads up is redundant.

I'm going to assume Aszar is riding his horse, because it would basically be impossible for you folks to make the camp if you were hampered by his natural speed. [/sblock]

The group moves on, sticking out of direct sight lines, with Wilmorn putting his nature lore to the test as he uses the map from the goblins to navigate you toward your goal.

You encounter no further patrols on your way through the wood. Whether that means there are none or you happened through their territory while they were elsewhere is uncertain. All you know is, as the sun is about an hour from sinking behind the trees, you catch sight of a run down fort.

Wilmorn and Erin slink forward as the others wait just behind. The cover around the fort walls is frightfully thin, but the pair -- with the uncharacteristically quiet seagull in tow -- find a few scrub trees to hunker behind as they look upward.

The forward party members spot the head of an orc patrolling the wall, squinting into the sunlight. He doesn't notice the pair. Or if he does, he gives no sign of alarm. Given the way the light seemed to bother your last adversaries, you suspect the watchman may have limited visibility during the day.

MAP

[sblock=ooc]I stuck "back row" folks off the map. Assume you're a move action away from emerging effectively where Wilmorn, Erin, and Scuttle are. Orc didn't beat anyone's stealth checks, though as noted, there's no cover directly between the last of the trees and the wall, so plan accordinglty.

Orc currently has partial cover due to your angle and that diagonal wall in your way.

Rubble is difficult terrain. Treat accordingly.

I didn't black out the middle of the fort, but you probably shouldn't assume that what you're seeing on the current map is all there is to see inside there. ;) [/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 12/17
Common Modifiers: Deadly Aim -1/+2, Point-Blank +1/+1
Items Used: Potion CLW[/sblock]

Siddhartha takes out the potion from Kepli, holds up the potion to her looking for reassurance. She nods, and he quickly drinks the vial. He instantly feels better and gives her an unexpected smile. "Siddhartha can move up and shoot the target from here, if Kepli like."

[sblock=Potion +3 hp]Potion CLW: 1D8+1 = [2]+1 = 3
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman (+Aszar)

[section]
Kepli frowns a little and shakes her head.

"Not just yet, Siddhartha. I'm not sure we're up to assaulting a fortress no matter how ramshackle. Other ideas?"

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese, Magus Initiate

Erin looks over at Wilmorn, quickly points at the orc and shrugs. For the moment, she focuses on remaining hidden.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Wilmorn, human male

[sblock=MiniStats][SIZE=+1]Wilmorn[/SIZE] Human Ranger 1
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +2

In Hand: Bardiche
Conditions: Poisoned, reduced strength (-2),
Medium Encumbrance (+3 dex max, -3 ACP, 20' move)
Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
  • Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival
  • Weapon Attack and Damage
  • May ID creature untrained (look, it's a human!)
Wild Empathy: 1d20-1
Skills:

Acrobatics +7, Handle Animal +2, K(Dungeoneering) +5, K(Geography) +5, K(Nature)+5, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Survival(Track) +7

Notes for this trip:
Chain shirt (equipped; removed studded leather)
[/sblock]

The ranger sits their in silence confounded by the current situation. Master never told me how to assault a fortress! Hurrumph.....

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 12/17
Common Modifiers: Deadly Aim -1/+2, Point-Blank +1/+1
Items Used: Potion CLW[/sblock]
"Siddhartha is open to all ideas." Next, he does what Siddhartha does best: waiting. He moves up to the forward position with the others, and waits there with arrow trained on the guard. If the guard shows any signs of acknowledgement, he fires.

Map After Siddhartha

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Continued stealth move until on the map
Readied Action: Ranged Attack with Deadly Aim +5 d8+4
Free Action: Load arrow if necessary[/sblock]
[sblock=Thoughts]I am drawing blanks on how to handle the situation. Sorry :([/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads