LPF Silent Tide: Charity

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity eases her way into the fog; the mist closes in around her, damping sound and completely obscuring her vision for more than a few feet around . . . even Robert's burly, scarred face can barely be seen just behind her. She carefully extends her glaive out to it's fullest extent. It becomes quickly apparent that she will not be able to use the weapon to its full effect, so she takes a moment to switch to the short sword she's taken from the guard's cadaver.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zps135f2154.jpg

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Robert's gruff voice floats to you from the mist behind. "What was that? Charity is that you?" And after a moment, "Guys I don't think it is a good idea stumbling through this mist. Cannot one of you temple guys ask your god to send a wind through this room to clear the fog up?"

Aura

Explorer
Realizing her glaive will be useless for its intended purpose, the flame haired guard shifts her grip, taking hold of it with her left hand, just below the blade, using the other 6' as a long, blunt prodding item. She draws out the borrowed shortsword as she taps into the mist ahead of her, suggesting, "How about we stay together, Corbin and our new friend wall side, Robert and I one step towards the center of the room.... and I search it out with my glaive. We then run either the right or left wall. Good?"

[sblock=ooc]
If it's not clear from the description text, the idea is that Charity ends up with the shortsword in her right. In her left, the glaive is held in reverse, haft outward, just below the blade, giving her the ability to tap out a misty square as a blind person would.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword(right), Glaive(unwielded,left)
Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch
Temporary items in possession: shortsword
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=ooc]
Aura said:
If it's not clear from the description text, the idea is that Charity ends up with the shortsword in her right. In her left, the glaive is held in reverse, haft outward, just below the blade, giving her the ability to tap out a misty square as a blind person would.
Gotcha.
[/sblock]

At nearly the same instant Charity speaks Corbin says, "Charity, hold fast for a moment so that I may place a protective spell upon you."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Robert's voice sounds once more from behind Charity. "If anyone can still see all those door leading to this room, maybe open them all? Hope that can help with dissolving this fog." She sees him move off into the mist, due north into the room.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zpsc8127ae6.jpg

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Corbin slides into the space between Charity and the closed part of the double door; as he does so, he reaches out to touch her and intones a brief prayer.

[sblock=OOC]Corbin casts Shield of Faith on Charity/[/sblock]

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zps45b97426.jpg

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Mowgli]
Did you mean to have The Navigator go before Charity? Not that I mind terribly much, so long as I get a turn, too. :)
This part of the game looks like a lot of work on your end.
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]I did. After folks entered the mist I rolled initiative for all parties in the encounter and I'm resolving actions in initiative order.

It was a lot of work for the initial set up, and through the encounter it's a little more than usual but not too bad. The hardest part is making sure I get the right description and map with the right character, and the updates are three to four times more time consuming since I'm doing each one individually. It's worth it, though, just for the different feel it gives the encounter (IMO, of course - your mileage may vary ;)).

Just getting to today's update now.

EDIT: See, like that! I completely forgot I'd already rolled initiative and posted the order of actions :blush: . . . I'll edit the original order to match what's actually been done.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Without a word - indeed, without even a sound - the newcomer to your merry little band of city-saviors slips past Charity and Corbin and disappears into the fog to the east.

(No changes to your map).

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpgCharityCloseMowgli2.png

The Nagivator having just whisked by her and headed east, the young guard turns to follow, tapping the floor as far towards the center of the room as she can, feeling her way. "Ummm, ok, heading along the right wall then," she lets her compatriots know.

[sblock=ooc]
Move 4 squares due east, I should be just barely able to see the wall. Tap the floor two squares in with the haft of the glaive. If you're agreeable, Mowgli, that pretty much constitutes the other move action.

Mini stats now include the fact that Charity's silk rope is still on the captive. I had forgotten that.

PS: Picture linking now works the way it did before. Working on how big to make the picture you sent me for use in posting. Two... two pictures... ah ha ha! :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 19 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword(right), Glaive(unwielded,left)
Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch, Shield of Faith (10 rounds, added in)
Temporary items in possession: shortsword
Items not currently in possession: Silk Rope
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads