LPF Silent Tide: Charity

Aura

Explorer
The silence continuing, Charity at least takes solace in the ability to concentrate without interruption. They've talked about the horrors of the undead in church, including what they can do, and just as importantly, what sort of weapons work on them. She wishes she'd paid more attention, it just didn't seem very germane at the time.

Meanwhile, she's not sure where the new guy went, but think he's somewhere behind the monster. Best to not move unless necessary. She swings again at the monster, hoping to take it down before it can kill her new friend.

[sblock=ooc]
Displaying more internal thought processes than I normally do since there are no observers.

No action: Use Religion skill to determine weaknesses first, then other abilities after, of the skeletal undead.
KN Religion check to determine weaknesses and abilities of skeletal undead: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10

Standard Action: Attack with shortsword. A +2 flank bonus might apply, depending on position of The Navigator:
Normal Attack Skeletal Undead with Shortsword: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22
1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Crit Check:
Crit Confirmation of Normal Attack Skeletal Undead with Shortsword: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
1D6+2 = [1]+2 = 3

If successful, that will be Charity's first crit. 6 base damage, 9 with crit added.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 19 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword(right), Glaive(unwielded,left)
Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch, Shield of Faith (7 rounds, added in)
Temporary items in possession: shortsword
Items not currently in possession: Silk Rope
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Move Action]
I think I have a move action left after the monster goes down, may I move into it's square (and presumably see The Navigator)?
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You may, and you will - he's in the square just to the SE of the creature's body.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zps4cb38921.jpg

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Heaving a sigh of relief, and actually hearing it, Charity seizes upon the situation to let The Navigator know her intention. "Maybe Robert can't hear us. I'm headed to the east wall then north along it." Then she does precisely that, moving more quickly and tapping the ground with her glaive's haft less frequently than before, but using it to keep her from losing contact with the wall.

[sblock=action]
Double move.... east until glaive contacts wall, then north, trying to keep a consistent distance to the wall with tapping.
[/sblock]

Charity

Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch, Shield of Faith (6 rounds, added in)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The young Paladin moves four paces to the east and encounters the wall. She turns north, goes six paces to a corner, rounds it and follows it two paces east to where it turns north. After moving north eight paces, she's forced to turn west. As she follows the wall west, she notes that the sparse scattering of grain on the floor begins to thicken. After only a couple of paces, it's piled deep enough to slow her down, and the footing has become more treacherous as the grain shifts and moves underfoot. Still she manages to push through another pace to the end of the wall.

[sblock=OOC]The light brown color on the floor is shin deep grain, and is difficult terrain. I think I gave you an extra five feet of move - miscounted on the map, and it's too much trouble to go back and fix it, so you're welcome to it :lol:.[/sblock]

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zpsa6d3c853.jpg

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The one who calls himself "The Navigator" falls in behind Charity as she makes her way East, then North. As the pair make their way along the eastern wall, he calls out, “We are along the wall!”.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zpscc53784e.jpg

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===

The redhead ponders a moment then speaks, "With the monster's silence, we cannot be split up at all. Robert, home in on my voice." She then looks back at The Navigator, "Gavin, I'm thinking back to the stairs, then up them as a group of three. I suspect the grain is up there. Let's move once we're together--then we can go quietly."

[sblock=action]
Charity is talking.. a lot. Helping Robert home in. She's also reserved an action to move once everyone is together, up to the limit of their remaining movement, which will probably involve The Navigator's action coming up, at the least.

Additional chatter, depending on how long Robert takes to get there (let me know how much gets said, if any, please):

"Robert, keep talking, lets us know if more silence wielding monsters have come along. Did you find one too, by the way? Oh, and should we link up physically, like all holding my glaive or something? Just an idea, it's useless in here anyway…"
[/sblock]

Charity

Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch, Shield of Faith (5 rounds, added in)
[/sblock]

Attachments

• CharityCloseMowgli150.png
    CharityCloseMowgli150.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 88

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]I went ahead and posted her words in their entirety in the others' threads. She'll get 'em all out by the time their actions are done, though we may have to use our imaginations to run the various talkings of Charity and the others together ;). Too hard to judge in a turn based game, especially in this forum/format, what would come out of mouths in what order.[/sblock]

Remove ads