LPF Silent Tide: Charity

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
From somewhere to the southeast, Corbin's voice floats through the fog, "Charity? Robert? I've gained my bearings again. The fog was disorienting me. Give me a moment to find you. I'm moving towards the stairs."

At virtually the same moment, Robert calls out from the south, "Yeah I killed one of those Bastards. It was a dumb idea not sticking together. And how shall I pronounce if one of those silencing Bastards is next to me? You won't hear me..." His voice is moving around to the east, then coming up north. As his voice trails off, it's coming from due east of you - presumably just the other side of The Navigator.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
From his place on the wall just to Charity's east, the Navigator calls out, "I am in agreement here. I certainly do not want that experience again. Sticking together would be best. Corbin, against the wall, opposite the entrance."

[sblock=OOC]Previous rambling monologue meant to guide everyone to her is all used up ;). No changes to the map.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose150.jpg

Green eyes peering into the mist, Charity sets out to find more undead monsters. "Actually… the stairs up, on the south wall, everyone! Best meet up spot is right there. I'll trail my glaive on the floor behind me to make me easier to track. We'll be right there, Corbin… and if you suddenly stop being able to hear a thing, a monster is close to you." With that, Charity puts pressure on the glaive trailing behind her to make a scraping sound against the floor as she heads to the stairs.

[sblock=actions]Still talking all the way through her turn to make it obvious if suddenly cut off by silence. Adding in the sound of the glaive head scraping on the floor.
Move: Two squares SE to Q-11. Four squares south to Q-7. One square SW to P-6. That should be a double move. Total = 8 squares counting 1 extra for 3 diagonals.[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 19 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword(right), Glaive(unwielded,left)
Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch, Shield of Faith (4 rounds, added in)
Temporary items in possession: shortsword
Items not currently in possession: Silk Rope
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The young priestess forges through the shin-high grain in the general direction of the stairs, quickly coming to clear flagstone. The butt of her glaive clatters along the stone as she moves; her voice rings clarion-like through the building. It might be her imagination, but it seems to Charity as though the impenetrable fog is becoming slightly less thick as she moves to the southern portion of the room.

In fairly short order, she comes across Corbin . . . he's made his way to the corner of the stair's turning in the southeast of the room.

[sblock=OOC]Move was one square shorter than planned, due to the first square being through the difficult terrain of the grain. Worked out OK, though.

Feel free to toss in a free speech action at the conclusion of her move - I'll post it up in the thread of whoever can hear it.[/sblock]

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zpsaac72fdf.jpg

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
No worries on the movement… if there were difficult terrain squares, then that's the way it works.

I'll pass on saying more for the moment, think I've good a good solid 6 seconds of blah blah blah in the last one. :)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Navigator falls in behind Charity as she forges the way through the grain and to the south of the room, occasionally kicking the butt of her glaive out of the way of his footsteps. Soon enough, the entire group is huddled together in the fog, planning their next move . . .

GM: Posting is (for now) resuming in the main thread - I'll have instructions posted up there momentarily.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zps705a8815.jpg

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
CharityCloseMowgli150.png

[sblock=OOC/move]Charity's move is a double move, as far west as necessary to clear the stairwell, one south to line up with it, then as many east as needed to climb it. If I reach the top before running out of move, I'll stop at the first level square. Dragging the pole arm two squares behind me will hopefully give the others a object they can see to help them stay homed in.

I the individual threads slow things down, but heading back into the fog really seems necessary to stop the undead. At the least, if we can do a better job of staying together things will go considerably better.[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 19 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)

Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch, Shield of Faith (3 rounds, added in)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As Corbin's words are cut off mid-sentence, Charity catches on immediately that there's another attack in the offing. She looks to her left and sees Robert engaging a skeletal form that's crept up from the mist, but the dense fog and the silence keep any knowledge of the others' fate from her for now.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zps28b1154d.jpg

Aura

Explorer
CharityCloseMowgli150.png

Feeling the oppressive silence and fog roll in once again, the young guard does not even attempt to call out the danger. Edging herself north as she fights, she swings in wide arcs, her borrowed sword failing to connect.

[sblock=actions]Power attack the undead monster on Robert. Shift northward one square *if* the square counts as normal (which seems unlikely), otherwise Charity's focus on moving safely results in no measurable movement.

Attack was a pretty assured miss: Shortsword Power Attack on Skeletal Undead (O-15): 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D6+4 = [2]+4 = 6
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)

Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity swings away, putting her considerable strength into the blow, but it goes wide. Beside her, Robert brings his sword to bear with a massive overhand swing that sends the bones clattering to the floor. Her ears pop just a little as hearing returns.

OOC: Grain prohibits a 5' step, but the way is now clear for a move action if you wish.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zps088b9a1c.jpg

Remove ads