LPF Silent Tide: Charity

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity moves cautiously through the fog, tapping the floor toward the center of the room as she goes but finding nothing other than the flagstone. Presently she come to a stairwell that runs along the wall. This likely leads up to the main storage chamber for the grain, and provides access for those needing to clean the chamber when it's empty. She comes to the Navigator in short order.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zps3487f317.jpg

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Corbin's steps sound loud in the mist as he follows hot on Charity's heels.

As he comes to a stop behind her, he lifts his morningstar and faces into the fog, plainly ready for attack.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zps602e4455.jpg

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The newcomer - the Navigator - speaks quietly to you as you come upon him. "I figured it would be easier to take the stairs rather than stumble around in the fog for a few minutes. I also thought it would be nice to have the element of surprise should we need it, but, maybe Corbin would like some bells to announce his movement. Any idea where the beard is?" He's halted his movement for the moment.

Corbin calls out from just behind, "Robert? Are you and our new friend still okay?"

[sblock=OOC]No changes to your last map. It's a little difficult to see on the map, but the base of the stairs is that grid-line beginning at the grid corner between Charity and Corbin and running due south to the wall (10').[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose150.jpgCharityCloseMowgli150.png

Charity sighs in frustration. "We can't seem to do the coordination and stealth thing at same time," her voice suppressed to at least attempt try to keep the enemy from hearing her. But, then realizing she must get Robert together, she raises her voice, "Robert! Stairs on south wall look like it!"

With that, Charity heads up the stairs, tapping ahead of her with her glaive.

[sblock=ooc]
Action: Speaking, then moving once west, once south, then twice east (up the stairs).

PS: Working on resized 150 pixel versions.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 19 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword(right), Glaive(unwielded,left)
Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch, Shield of Faith (9 rounds, added in)
Temporary items in possession: shortsword
Items not currently in possession: Silk Rope
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity wends her way back 'round Corbin and a short way up the stairs, tapping as she goes. She quickly loses sight of Corbin in the fog behind and below, and her view of The Navigator is becoming obscured as she climbs into the mist.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zps459e1ab4.jpg

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
From behind her, Charity hears Corbin say, ". . . ving me crazy! Can't see . . . can't hear . . . I've got to get out of here!" His voice fades into the distance.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Navigator whispers to Charity, “Understood, lead on.” After a moment, his whisper comes again, “It appears our stalwart man of conviction and faith has fled the scene. As a sign, I don’t partic . . .” Charity sees him turn away as though dodging something, as his urgent whisper falls suddenly silent.

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zps4c27daa0.jpg

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityCloseMowgli150.png

Unnerved, the young guard turns and calls out, "Corbin? Corbin! Oh no...." Consideration as to whether she should pursue him or not is ended when it appears as if The Navigator has come under attack. Sword drawn (and polearm held in the offhand), Charity steps back down the stairs and to his location, sword drawn and ready to strike.

[sblock=actions]
I'm working from the assumption something is within 5' of The Navigator. So Charity runs down the steps and around. If target hasn't been located by the time she reaches the square next to him, move into the square in front of him. There is a good chance I'll have enough movement to be able to swing, so long as it looks like an attacker:

Possible Shortsword swing on enemy attacking The Navigator: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20
1D6+2 = [2]+2 = 4

[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 19 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword(right), Glaive(unwielded,left)
Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch, Shield of Faith (8 rounds, added in)
Temporary items in possession: shortsword
Items not currently in possession: Silk Rope
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity zips down the stairs and around. Just as she hits the bottom of the stairs, she notices that her steps fall silent. Her borrowed blade makes not a sound as she swings it in a reflexive response to the skeletal horror that looms from the mist in front of her! The blade breaks ribs through the skeleton's tattered, rotting cloak, but the creature ignores her and assaults the unseen Navigator.

BlackEchelonOperative_zpsa17c1cb0.jpg

02GuardiansoftheGrain-Charity_zpsc2bf6c0f.jpg

Remove ads