log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] Ties that Bind

Qik

First Post
And here we are!

My thanks to all of you for agreeing to play in this. It promises to be quite a fun group. Special thanks to Artur for a) asking me to help throw this party, and b) being patient while I prepared it.

With that in mind: the adventure promises to be at least modestly long (although I always find it hard to tell). I'm going to do it in several parts, all of which have been outlined to some degree; depending on how things go on my end, there may be a bit of a break between acts so I can finalize the numbers.

We're going to start off with Elenka and Audra traveling back from Martna (sorry I didn't mention it earlier, GE, given your post in the Mystic Pearl; oh well, no harm, no foul), and Fulgrim and Eanos in Venza. There are no big secrets to be kept from one group to the next, but they were divergent enough that I wanted to start separately. We should merge shortly.

I'll put up the adventure information here shortly, but for now, I want to throw the thread and the first post up.

[MENTION=50177]Artur Hawkwing[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21076]IronWolf[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION]

[sblock=Encounters/Rewards]Dragon Encounter: 1200 xp (300 each)

Phedilo's Payment: 3000 gp (750 each)

Deinonychus: 2400 xp (600 each), +1 Greataxe (2320 gp), Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (300 gp), 2 Potions of Mage Armor (100 gp), Scroll of Glitterdust (150 gp)

Search/Heal Skill Challenge: 1200 xp (300 each)[/sblock][sblock=Expenditures]Horse rentals: 50 gp deposit each for Fulgrim, Eanos, and Audra, and 100 gp for Elenka. 50% due back on safe return of the horses, for a final cost of 25 gp per horse.[/sblock][sblock=Marching Order]Eanos***Fulgrim
Audra***Elenka
Drev[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Qik

First Post
Act I

[sblock=Audra & Elenka]In the aftermath of the fall of the Temple of the Living God, Audra and Elenka made sure to enjoy their down time. Although Martna was a much smaller city than Venza, it nevertheless had its own comforts and experiences to offer. And given their recently-obtained celebrity status in the city, due to the role they played in removing the scourge that was the followers of Owbej, the pair found themselves on the receiving end of countless acts of kindness and beneficence. In short, it was a pleasant resolution to what had been a mostly hair-raising experience.

Still, all good things must come to an end, and the two eventually found themselves inquiring about passage back to Venza. A bit of legwork led them to the decks of the Rascal, a cargo ship captained by Hwuzel, a somewhat-eccentric gnome. In the end, Captain Hwuzel opted to offer them free passage in exchange for the promise of protection from any would-be raiders along the way. "Aye, Hwuzel has heard of you two - if you can take down the faithful of Owbej, you can certainly be expected to keep the Rascal free from the grubby hands of pirates!" Although the ship and its captain seemed slightly atypical, the two decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth. Shortly thereafter, they set sail for Venza, looking forward to seeing the City of Glass.[/sblock]
[sblock=Eanos & Fulgim]After stopping along the way to place an order with Marla, Phedilo leads the into a back room. Seating himself opposite the door at the round table there within, he gestures for Eanos to sit as well. "Thank you for hearing me out, Master Eanos. Really, I have two proposals to make for you: one just for aid with a simple chore, really, and the other, well..." He trails off, catches himself, and smiles. "Well, perhaps we will take it one step at a time, shall we?"

"I have a small shipment coming into the docks in a few days. It's nothing special, really - certainly not nearly as sensitive a contents as the stone - but the gnome for whom some of the items are due is a bit of the cautious sort, especially as of late. He had entreated me to find some help in picking up the cargo, and given his skill in the art of divination, I have opted to heed his advice."
Phedilo hastens to add, "Not that I anticipate anything out of the ordinary, mind you, and certainly nothing on the order of our, ah, prior experience. Really, I believe my colleague is just being cautious. The whole thing should be a rather simple matter. And then, well, we can talk about the, ah, more involved issue..."

"I will pay you well, of course, and Master Fulgrim, too, should be be able to join us." Leaning in as if to keep the following between them, he adds, "I would have invited the others, too, but that celestial makes me a bit nervous, and as for Master Maui...."

"I just don't know what to think of him."
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra Frost - Human Monk (Order of the Diamond Heart, Venza) Level 4

OOC: Might as well be the one to kick he first ball here, right? :) Mega thanks for this, Qik. I figured you might get a kick out of messing with Audra and her history. :) I'm looking so forward to this.


[sblock=Audra and Elenka]Audra was convinced, fairly easily, by Elenka that taking a ship back to Venza from Martna would be far preferable to the round about route that Audra took, by necessity, to get to Martna previously. She has only known Elenka for a short time, but has found her trust quickly won by the flaming haired summoner. She suggests, so that at least it looks good, the two of them might take shifts, turns of walking about or standing about the deck, as if ready for any trouble that might happen to befall the Rascal. She volunteers to go first, to allow the Summoner time to rest if she so desired. Audra found herself enjoying the feeling of the breeze of the ship in motion blowing into her face, her red hair, for now, out of the leather loops that usually hold it back behind her head blowing now and then with the wind. She moves around the deck, pausing to look out and lean casually against a handy crate, box or even rail. Her eyes scanning the near and far.[/sblock]

[sblock=GE]By no means am I assuming the Elenka has gone below, just that Audra volunteered. :) [/sblock]
 

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Audra and Elenka]Early on in their voyage, Audra's shifts are occupied by the breeze, the passing scenery along the river bank, and little else. Although the Rascal's relatively small crew is friendly enough when given the opportunity, they tend towards keeping to their own tasks and allowing Audra and Elenka to keep to their's. The two get the sense that passengers are something of an anomaly aboard this transport ship.

The exception to this rule is Captain Hwuzel himself. From the start, he makes a habit of appearing at odd intervals and hours, making extremely obtuse, and unprompted comments ("Moon looks half-cocked this evening, that's for sure," and "You know, if Hwuzel wasn't a captain, he'd have been an entrepreneur. He'd have specialized mostly in livestock and volatile powders," being exemplary), and then hastening off, often before the ladies have a chance to respond. Maybe it's the relative isolation of life on the water, maybe it's simply the culture gap so common in interspecies relations, but whatever the cause, Captain Hwuzel is one odd bloke indeed. But, apparently. harmless.

[sblock=OOC]GE - just curious, is Elenka keeping Drev under wraps?[/sblock][/sblock]
 

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]

I was out of town this weekend, so just a heads up that I am back and will get caught up over the next 24 hours. Looking forward to this one!

[/sblock]
 

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Thanks for checking in, IW. No worries; you had said in the social group that you were AFK. It's been a slow weekend, anyway, so no rush! Glad to have you back, though. :)[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
[sblock=Audra, Elenka, & the very big stick]Elenka would vastly prefer travel by land; it is, after all, how she originally traveled from her home in the foothills of the Seithr Mountains to Venza. Her experience with river travel, while not unpleasant, was, barring a brief encounter with pirates of short stature and even shorter luck, tedious to say the least. However, she allowed herself to be convinced that river travel would be faster and Audra did seem rather eager to return to the City of Glass.

Unfortunately, Captain Renlow never reappeared in Martna while they were looking for passage and they eventually settled on the Rascal and Captain Hwuzel. Odd though the gnomish captain might be Elenka finds that the non sequiturs are more than entertaining once one has managed to make the leap of unreason.

Drevezh'korol takes to sitting at the front of the boat like some sort of over-sized masthead and stares out over the waters that they will soon be traveling over. Elenka normally sits nearby or wanders the deck from small bit of shade to small bit of shade looking to shield her fair skin from the sun or chats amiably with Audra. Audra seems much more introspective than Elenka and Elenka takes it as her personal quest to draw the other woman into conversation as much as possible.

"What do you plan to do once you've returned to Venza, Audra?"

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, should've checked with you first about the shopping, Qik. Can we assume it took place in Martna before she left, excepting the house, of course?

And no, she isn't going to keep Drevezh'korol under wraps. Her experience in Martna has made her inclined to not try to hide him ever, if she can get away with it.

Also, her SOP every morning would be to summon Drev, then cast extended Mage Armor upon him using the rod.[/sblock]

[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=Eanos, Fulgrim, Phedilo]Eanos raises an eyebrow. Phedilo's circumspect reference to what Maui may or may not have done with their last enemy was clear enough to the inquisitor.

"Think we've all been in dark places, but point taken. I think the guy could probably use a little bit to drink off what he and his cat went through.

"As for me, long as there aren't more crazy rocks popping me off to chaos realms, I'm sure I can handle a stroll to the docks again with Fulgrim."


OOC: Have to get Eanos' 4th level statblock figured out, but wanted to check in. :)
[/sblock]
 

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Audra/Elenka/Stick Monster]By the second week of their journey, the monotony of river travel that Elenka found so distasteful had set in in full. Even Captain Hwuzel's eccentricity became mundane, as did the presence of Drevezh'korol, who had initially caused something of a stir among the crew. In time, his powerful stoicism and watchful presence seemed to blend in with the Rascal almost as though he became a part of the ship. Captain Hwuzel seemed especially comforted by his presence.

The ship made it out of the vicinity of Martna with nary a pirate in sight, perhaps a consequence of Elenka and her companion's reporting of the location of their base of operations to the authorities. As the days turned into weeks, Elenka, Audra and Drev attempted to remain vigilant in the face of tedium, although only Drev seemed to do so without effort. Audra found herself repeatedly falling back on her monastic training in this regard.

The first event to break the monotony came on a chill evening, with a sliver of moon lighting the sky. Elenka and Audra were in the process of changing watches, with one moving towards her hammock, which some shouting came from below, in the cargo hold. Their initial efforts at inspection were met with hasty assurances from Captain Hwuzel that everything was fine and a rather abrupt shooing; all three of the group only grew more suspicious from his eagerness to both assuage and then remove them...

[sblock=OOC]Elenka, Audra, and Drev all succeeded in their sense motive checks: something odd is definitely up. Let's consider the night of the event itself to have passed, with any attempts at inquiry of their's coming in the next couple of days. Nothing short of physically forcing their way into the cargo hold would deter the captain the night of.

Just a few notes on my intentions here: I don't mean to rush things along, but my goal right now is to set things up for your meeting point with Eanos and Fulgrim, and to have that happen as soon as possible. With that in mind, I don't mean to limit RP time, but if it seems like I'm railroading things a bit, that's why. Feel free to let me know if I'm rushing things too much, but I will say that we'll have ample opportunity on down the road for more relaxed RP dialogue between the PCs.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Eanos & Fulgrim]
"As for me, long as there aren't more crazy rocks popping me off to chaos realms, I'm sure I can handle a stroll to the docks again with Fulgrim."
To both his surprise and his disdain, Phedilo seems more than a bit squeamish at Eanos' presumed throwaway comment. Adjusting his glasses, the halfling stutters for a bit before gathering himself. "Well, Master Eanos, the truth is - there is another stone to discuss." Hastily, he adds, "It is not of chaos! So it should not be nearly as temperamental as the stone you have met. But, I am afraid to tell you that I was intending to eventually ask yourself and Master Fulgrim's aid in a task related to the one you handled so admirably." Sighing, with a sense of defeat, he adds, "I do hope you will still be willing to aid me."

[sblock=OOC]Was going to save that one for later if possible, but Phedilo hasn't a poker face to speak of![/sblock][/sblock]
 

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=Eanos, Fulgrim, Phedilo]

Fulgrim nods. "I'da be 'apply to assist with de shipment. Fulgrim replies. "One can never be to safe, eh?

OOC:
Fulgrim still needs to wrap up his level-up and swing by the magic shop before we get underway. No issues with that, right?


[/sblock]
 


Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=Audra, Elenka and The Elm Street Nightmare]Audra answers the summoners questions truthfully enough, as the days stretch on she finds herself more and more meditating before sleep and going through various mental and physical exercises. It is one day, as she fiddles around with balancing a broomstick, side ways, on the back of her right wrist that the summoner's inquiry causes her to consider the imminent return home.

Once we get back, I have to report to Master Halaran first, tell him what happened in Martna. Sadly, I've only my part of the story to relay. After that, I'm not sure what I will be asked to do. If there is nothing I need to do for the Diamond Heart, I can always look....

She pauses, her eyes turning, her hand flipping beneath the broomstick, catching it. The odd sounds from below drawing her attention. She gives a confused look toward Elenka, and moves to see what is going on below. She is a bit put out, though not argumentative, over the not exactly forthcoming greeting and more than a little confused by the quick and seemingly hasty effort made to give them the assurances that nothing is wrong and they can go about their business. The young Monk doesn't seem exactly convinced.

Maybe one of us should stay nearby, you know, just in case. If whatever is happening down there does turn into something of a concern, the shorter response time the better. After all, we have an interest in making sure that this ship makes it to Venza safely, just as you do, good Captain.

Audra remains on a heightened state for a long while after this incident, keeping her eyes and ears open not just to their surroundings, but to any sounds from below that should cause concern. This includes watching the actions and reactions of the crew.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=EFP]Eanos closes his eyes a moment, takes a deep breath, then gives a weak smile.

"I'm sure I'll be up to handling that stone again eventually, but if this new one is less capricious, I've probably had enough rest," he says diplomatically.[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
[sblock=AE&D]Elenka purses her lips as she is shoo'd by Captain Hwuzel and gives him a look that clearly relays that she doesn't believe him and that, in her not so humble opinion, the good captain hasn't heard the last of her inquiries. Now, however, she nods in acquiescence and retreats above decks.

Barely out of earshot of the captain and crew Elenka begins her complaints. "Clearly the captain is keeping something secret. As is his right; it is his ship, after all. But not if it could endanger my safety." She smiles apologetically at Audra. "Our safety."

"Rats."

Elenka gapes at her wooden companion. "Rats?! Drev, are you serious? Rats. Captain Hwuzel would not be acting in such a fashion about rats." Drevezh'korol shrugs, clearly not persuaded by Elenka's skepticism of his assertion.

---

Elenka gives it a couple of days before she maneuvers Captain Hwuzel into a position where she can question him alone. She gives the wee man a predatory smile as she begins. "Captain Hwuzel! Just the man I was seeking. The rather odd events two nights past? Well, let's just say that I am concerned, to say the least. This isn't anything dangerous, is it? I would dearly hate to waken one night to find something dreadful chewing on my leg. We are quite adept at handling problems... if there is a need?" She watches the captain with raised brows as he responds to her concerns.



[sblock=OOC/Actions]Elenka Diplomacy: 1d20+11=13[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock][/sblock]
 

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Audra/Elenka/Drev]Captain Hwuzel assures Audra that no such precaution is needed. "The diligence with which you commit to your duties is commendable, marm, but I assure you that this is merely a minor matter made for men...err, crewmen," he corrects, realizing the nature of his audience. Despite his eagerness to shoo them away, however, Audra senses that the captain momentarily considered her offer; something seems to prevent him from taking her up on it, however.

Over the next few days, Audra keeps her eyes and ears open, and seeks to find excuses to pass by the door to the cargo hold on her rounds as often as she can. She notices the conspicuous presence of crewmen coming and going from the hold, with much greater frequency than they were prior to the odd incident. Occasionally these crewmen carry irregular-shaped bundles tucked under their arms; they always seem to be going to the hold when doing so.

There are also a few instances when Audra believes she hears an isolated growl or yelp; between the sound of the water and the general hum of activity, it's hard to ascribe a source to them, but by the third or forth time she catches wind of such sounds, Audra is certain that she's hearing something. Elenka also hears something similar on occassion, but despite her extensive knowledge of living creatures, she is no closer to identifying their source.

Audra also catches sight of one or two crewmen with odd-looking bruises. Although she thinks she knows the nature of these wounds, their anomalous nature leads her to consult with her traveler companions, all of whom agree with her assessment: newly suffered frost bite. But how?

Elenka's attempt to be direct with the captain are frustratingly unsuccessful. "As I told your friend, Madam Elenka, there is nothing to be worried about. It is merely a mundane matter of misadvantageous merry-making. Sometimes the crew can be a little misguided in entertaining themselves on a long voyage such as this one." The captain puts a hand on Elenka's arm consolingly. "I can assure you that if the situation necessitated your involvement, I would seek it expediently. As it stands, it is a matter best left between a captain and his crew. I appreciate your understanding." Even though the evidence seems to suggest there is more to the situation than Captain Hwuzel lets on, Elenka finds herself unable to doubt the gnome during their discussion, and the captain soon hurries off.

Still, doubts linger.

[sblock=OOC]Just an OOC summary: you're hearing sounds that seem vaguely biological in origin, but you can't identify their source. There seems to be an increased presence of crewmen at or near the cargo hold. A few crewmen seem to have frostbite, which is quite fresh; it certainly isn't something that would have happened prior to the trip. Elenka can't help but fail to doubt Captain Hwuzel's excuse.

I made all requisite rolls relating to this little passage, but feel free to try some different tacts at gathering information.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Eanos and Fulgrim]Phedilo seems pleased that Eanos and Fulgrim are willing to help him out.

"I appreciate that, Master Eanos. I knew I was right to come to you in this matter. As I said before, we can discuss the specifics at a later date, but it really is an altogether more agreeable situation than that of the chaos stone. It is merely that that experience has given me caution in reference to other matters."

Taking a sip from a glass of cordial brought in during their discussion, Phedilo says, "Well, do you have any other questions? If not, I propose we meet here in two days' time at shortly after dawn, and I can lead you to the ship in question at the docks from there."

[sblock=OOC]Apologies in advance if your end drags a little bit here, you two; the pacing between "threads" is a bit uneven related to the amount of information I need to cover prior to merging.[/sblock][/sblock]
 

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=A/E/D]Following Elenka's not very fruitful effort at prying information from the Captain, Audra waits until the pair are clear of being overheard and crosses her arms and shakes her head.

If I had the ability to make myself invisible, I could sneak down there and have a good look around. It's putting my nerves on end that he's hiding something. He's bumbling through his excuses. When we arrived as it first happened, he was just a copper's thickness from taking me up on the offer, I'm sure. I am a bit torn, between honoring that this is his ship, and in giving in to self-preservation instinct and going down there to see what is going on, once the daylight has passed on. What do you think?[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=EFP]
Taking a sip from a glass of cordial brought in during their discussion, Phedilo says, "Well, do you have any other questions? If not, I propose we meet here in two days' time at shortly after dawn, and I can lead you to the ship in question at the docks from there."

Eanos shakes his head.

"I'll trust there're no surprises you know about, at least," Eanos says. "After last time, I figure you gotta know secrets get folk killed."

He turns to Fulgrim. "Got a bit spend-crazy getting the magicked bow," he says, jabbing his thumb to the oversized quiver on his back. "A touch short on the coin to get us a scroll for seeing sneaks like that blasted summoner. Think you might go in on one with me?

"Unless you have some laying around to share?"
the inquisitor adds to the halfling with a wry smile.

[sblock=ooc]Taking 10 on a Silver-tongue enhanced Diplomacy, for 20. I figure Phedilo is at least Friendly toward us, if not flat-out Helpful, so I'd think that's sufficient to get a scroll or two if he has them (fully recognizing that treasure may already be allocated such that he may not).

If we have to buy, a Scroll of See Invisible is 150 gp. Eanos has 138.58. If Fulgrim pitches in a little less than 15 gold, that gets us one. Only lets one person see, but after last time, that might be worth it.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: None

In Hand: None

Arrows: 17/17
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/2 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe[/sblock][/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
[sblock=AE&D]Elenka is prepared to support Audra in whatever action she plans to take when Drevezh'korol surges to his feet. Without a word he goes tramping across the deck and squeezes through the door to go below. With a shrug to Audra, Elenka follows.

Drevezh'korol quickly finds what he is seeking: one of the sailors that the three noticed had a patch of frozen flesh. Drevezh'korol holds out his right hand as if to shake. The sailor, seeming somewhat confused, reaches out but Drev takes his hand and turns his arm so that he can get a look at the frostbitten flesh.

"Frostbite. On the Ouhm."

Drevezh'korol stares at the sailor blankly as the fellow jerks his hand back and stammers some incomprehensible reply. Saying nothing else the wooden man turns and returns to his lookout at the ships bow where he settles once again into his tree-like meditation.

Elenka shrugs once more to Audra. "Ah, perhaps we should speak with the Captain again instead of undertaking such covert actions." Traipsing across decks until she finds the wee captain she stops, places hands on her hips and raises one brow in exaggerated skepticism.

"Frostbite. On the Ouhm.

"Really, Captain, this charade has gone on far too long. Yes, yes, I know. 'Between a Captain and his crew' and all that; I understand. Frostbite is dangerous, sir, and... I have means to prevent or lessen injury to cold. Unfortunately, it only works on Drevezh'korol"
She holds up a finger to forestall argument. "He is willing to lend his aid to prevent further injury to your men; but, of course, that would mean you would have to give up your secrets."



[sblock=OOC/Actions]Drev Heal to verify diagnosis (which I'm sure you already did once): 1d20+14=26
Elenka Diplomacy: 1d20+11=30[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock][/sblock]
 

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Elenka/Audra/the Rootless Avenger]Captain Hwuzel stammers at Elenka's confrontation, and then grows silent. For a moment, he watches the passing scenery on the riverbank vacantly. Somewhere, a heron calls. Finally, he sighs, and turns to the ladies.

"Hwuzel will tell you what is going on; Hwuzel knows that it is a wise thing to do. But you must - you must must must must must - not hold it against Hwuzel, or anyone on his crew. You must not speak of this. What Hwuzel is doing is not patently illegal, but it is, shall we say, er, 'frowned upon within certain circles of authority.' There would be questions, questions that Hwuzel does not like to answer."

The gnome looks upon the two women with large unblinking eyes waiting for their response.

[sblock=OOC]I didn't want to presume that you two would automatically acquiesce to his request for discretion. If you don't want to, but still want to know what's up, you're welcome to bluff him, of course.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Eanos and Fulgrim]Phedilo shakes his head in the negative. "No, Master Eanos, no surprises, at least none that I will be responsible for! The objects I am to be retrieving will pose you no threat."

"And I might have a spare scroll or two lying around; if not, I'll be sure to pick one up from someone nearby the shop before meeting you two."
Phedilo stands, ready to depart.

[sblock=OOC]I shouldn't have a problem rejigging the numbers a bit to allot you a scroll or two. I'm a bit disappointed though that you don't have faith in my ability to come up with new evil GM strategies instead of recycling old ones.... ;)[/sblock][/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I shouldn't have a problem rejigging the numbers a bit to allot you a scroll or two. I'm a bit disappointed though that you don't have faith in my ability to come up with new evil GM strategies instead of recycling old ones.... ;)

Oh, I have no doubt that new and exciting nastiness is in the works, but that doesn't mean that (1) Eanos doesn't try to learn from past mistakes and (2) you wouldn't be more than happy (and in the right) to teach Eanos a lesson if he didn't learn from past mistakes and blew off preparing for invisible nasties. ;) [/sblock]
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top