• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lu Bu defeats Kerall (yay!)

Darkwolf

First Post
Because the last post by you before this one was over 2 days ago. Turtle was nice and gave you an opportunity to continue.

"Better move all around!"

Point Kerall!

2 Flags Lu Bu - 2 Flags Kerall

OoC: Yes, there has been a precedence / school of thought that if the opponent doesn't post in more than 24 hours (and the fighters hasn't agreed on giving more time) a fighter may win by default. I don't know how many times a fighter has actually been given such a technical victory, though.

Zappo

Explorer
OoC: Oh, I understand. I didn't know about that rule.

Anyway... my last post before "The secret chimera..." was on 3/3 at 1.17 PM (my time), so when Sollir asked for a "win by default", only one day and a half had passed (not 2 and certainly not more than 2).
That day and a half was just because LHH took about 20 hours to post the new hand and turtle then took about 17 hours before posting his move. Basically, I didn't post because I couldn't. :)

Either that or the boards are displaying me wrong times ;), but I know that I've visited the thread multiple times a day, every day.

Should I have posted a *bump* just to note that I was still there - a keepalive? I could, but I saw no need since the thread was on the first page anyway and I didn't want to spam it.

Don't misinterpret me, I have no trouble at all if the judge or the opponent can't post for a long period of time :), actually I myself have that problem relatively often! But I don't think I should be penalized because I've had to wait for you. Thanks, turtle, for not raising the problem, but I think I would have challenged a default win in these conditions.

Just for safety... I will start posting "keepalives" in my future fights if I find myself in the same situation.

Zappo

Explorer
Kerall uses the mongoose stance to land a storm of blows around Lu Bu's head.

The mongoose storms the temple; blocks the energy of the rainbow!

Darkwolf

First Post
Apologies for hijacking the thread just thought I should clarify something...
A player can ask for a forfeit if the opponent has not posted for 24 hours without giving a reason. However, they are asked to be kind if the board roll over and die or the lag beasts decide that the messageboards would be a good target. Posting anything in the thread counts to stay alive even if its a simple *bump* but in the future if you are going to be away for a while and know in advance mention that. :)

turtle

First Post
The thorn obliterates the spring; guards against the cut of the body!

I don't take this game seriously enough to take default wins... har har...

turtle

First Post
Lu Bu does the move that seems to make the most sense!

The crab swims across the ravine; averts the blood of the mind!

Zappo

Explorer
Kerall simply jumps over Lu Bu's attack and lands on his shoulders. As quick and powerful as the dragon, he gives him a nasty kick and then jumps away.

The dragon lies higher than the glade; fends off the descent of the shield!

Remove ads