Mad at Paizo?

darjr

I crit!

Nope. But that was by design. We literally took more books than we could actually sell given the number of cashiers that we had there. I didn't want a repeat of the Starfinder release where we ran out on Friday. So we took quite a lot. And sold more than we have ever sold of anything at GenCon. So it was a huge success for us.

Attachments

• D9C1C98B-144A-4F66-B316-2F87DFE54FBD.png
    D9C1C98B-144A-4F66-B316-2F87DFE54FBD.png
    1 MB · Views: 223

Mercador

Adventurer
To clarify, I didn’t comment on the probability of your being mad at Paizo for some reason, merely on your perception of them announcing a product as seeming “desperate”. I’m sure plenty of peopleare mad at companies for making new editions.
I heard you, I didn't take offense, no worries. I'm wondering why I'm still mad at them.

Mercador

Adventurer
Because you are emotionally invested in 1E. Maybe you have a history with D&D 3/3.5 and felt that when you moved to PF you found a "forever home"?

It's understandable to feel emotional about something changing or ending. But ask yourself this, is there enough 1E material available that you could play 1E for the rest of your life and not duplicate or run out of stuff? I suspect the answer is yes. So then it's not like you are being "left behind" but rather that their is nothing more you need so Paizo has moved on to something new...
I had actually skipped 3/3.5 because I was on my early twenties and didn't had the money to purchase those. I did buy 5-6 books of the 2nd edition though when I was a teenager. But if I remember correctly, I felt the same when DnD 3e was announced.

When I see all the PF1 books I have, I'm ok for the rest of my life, sure thing. But there's something that bothers me is that I always want a new book and I'm not too sure why.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I had actually skipped 3/3.5 because I was on my early twenties and didn't had the money to purchase those. I did buy 5-6 books of the 2nd edition though when I was a teenager. But if I remember correctly, I felt the same when DnD 3e was announced.

When I see all the PF1 books I have, I'm ok for the rest of my life, sure thing. But there's something that bothers me is that I always want a new book and I'm not too sure why.

It's kind of a high.

Mercador

Adventurer
Are you relatively new to PF1 &/or thinking about all the $ you've spent (wasted?) on a (now) previous edition?
Are you concerned that you won't be able to continue playing PF1?
Do you not like PF2?
1- The latter
2- Not that much, I read more than I play
3- I haven't buy it so I can't relate

I thought wrongfully that Paizo would continue adding new stuff about Golarion and Adventure Paths. That's probably why I'm mad and feel betrayed. As @DaveMage wrote it, there's an emotional bound there.

Schmoe

Adventurer
On a recent news post about PF2E Bestiary 2, I was wondering if it was deseperation that announcing stuff so much in advance, to which point Morrus told me that I might be an outlier;

To which point I'm starting to wonder why I am so mad at them? It's totally normal for them to go forward and wanting to renew their franchise, DnD did that 5 times already (and I guess we'll see 6th by 2025). So why am I that mad at them? The only thing that I could find is that I'm sad to see all those books going to waste but that's only a material issue. It's like I feel betrayed.

Am I alone with this sentiment? It's a not a joke question, I'm truly curious about this.

I don't know if you're alone, but I'm not really feeling the anger. In fact, I'm pretty happy that they decided to start over. PF1 had long ago drifted far away from something I felt I could pick up, but PF2 means I now have a new, interesting option to check out.

Mercador

Adventurer
I don't know if you're alone, but I'm not really feeling the anger. In fact, I'm pretty happy that they decided to start over. PF1 had long ago drifted far away from something I felt I could pick up, but PF2 means I now have a new, interesting option to check out.
You are going from DnD5e to PF2e? Have you bought PF1 books? I'm asking because you might be the target audience they were after.

ccs

41st lv DM
1- The latter
2- Not that much, I read more than I play
3- I haven't buy it so I can't relate

I thought wrongfully that Paizo would continue adding new stuff about Golarion and Adventure Paths. That's probably why I'm mad and feel betrayed. As @DaveMage wrote it, there's an emotional bound there.

Ahh. Well. In that case I've got good news for you:

See Age of Ashes & Extinction Curse? Those are the 1st two APs for PF2. I'm sure there'll be more. One volume per month.
I'm also certain that they'll continue revealing bits of Golarion through single adventures, area books, Race & class books, etc.

And if you read more than you play? Then does it really matter what the edition # is?

BTW, PF2 doesn't wipe out all the story you've read so far. The main book makes direct reference to the results of various APs in the section about the world.
Same world, same setting, same continuity. Just different mechanics on the player/GM side of things.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases