Mad at Paizo?

My original statement was meant semi-facetiously and not at all as seriously as Parmandur took it. I don't care how Mercer or anyone plays - it doesn't upset me. I just find it unappealing, that's all. If you or others like it, more power to you.

This is ridiculous, Parmandur. You won't even accept my word usage and are making stuff up about how I feel. One more time: I don't feel "disgust." I don't equate "off-putting" and "disgust," in the same way I don't equate "warm" and "hot."

I said nothing about badwrongfun, gatekeeping, or how the game should or should not be played. I don't care! That is all projection on your part. I'm not sure why you're so insistent upon being offended, but I'm not really interested in being a stand-in for whatever things you're upset about. K?
But if it makes you not want to play D&D do you not feel a measure of disgust?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
My original statement was meant semi-facetiously and not at all as seriously as Parmandur took it. I don't care how Mercer or anyone plays - it doesn't upset me. I just find it unappealing, that's all. If you or others like it, more power to you.

This is ridiculous, Parmandur. You won't even accept my word usage and are making stuff up about how I feel. One more time: I don't feel "disgust." I don't equate "off-putting" and "disgust," in the same way I don't equate "warm" and "hot."

I said nothing about badwrongfun, gatekeeping, or how the game should or should not be played. I don't care! That is all projection on your part. I'm not sure why you're so insistent upon being offended, but I'm not really interested in being a stand-in for whatever things you're upset about. K?

I accept the usage of the English language: you are entitle to your own opinions, and you own taste, but not your own definition of word. Facetious statements can be very aggressive and hurtful, and are not appropriate in certain contexts.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
No. Disgust is too strong of a word. I didn't even use "off-putting" in the original statement, just as explanation. It is more accurate than disgust. Or distaste, if you prefer.

Yet it is not too strong a word for what your words communicated. If it was a joke, it was hurtful.

GaiusMarius

Villager
I mean between Critical Role (right now) and their Pathfinder equivalent (can't remember nor find their names)
Not sure what exact podcast/stream you mean but probably Glass Cannon?

Of the two, I prefer GC a lot more. I've listened to some episodes of Critical role and it just never clicked with me at all, not really a systems issue or acting issue either just a 'Meh, i've given it two episodes and its still not really clear to me which voice belongs to which character.'

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
"Off-putting" and "disgusting" are etymologically exact literal synonyms, so yes, you did say that.

No.

If you are not prepared to allow for differences in connotation, you probably aren't in a place to have a constructive discussion on the internet. Restating an opponent's position using more severe language and then claiming they did something wrong is a technique older than the internet, but it is pretty easy to spot.

Please don't do this. Thanks.

Remove ads