• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mad science, an idea that needs help.

raptor112

First Post
ok, I picked up the ebberon players guide, and after reading the artificer i realized that a mad scientist or technologist was possible. the artificer says tat you carry esoteric items and materials and that even if you don't have what you need you can convert mundane items into what you need. well with some reflavoring and a power source change to the artificer and we get the Technologist. I have a couple of problems though, first being is what to call the new power source, also the artificer implements have to be changed to fit the theme.

I would also like a few more roles to fill the power source out, using the same idea of carrying technological items on you (and being able to macguyver replacements from the stuff around you). I unfortunately complete suck when it comes to rules and creating balanced classes/powers.

I have a few ideas to refluff some other things, like rituals and ritual caster. Not sure what to call the techno version of rituals but ritual caster will become Inventor. The game mechanic would be the same for both just the fluff on how its done and some of the names.

now please help me make this work

raptor112

First Post
So no one is willing to give me a hand or even reply to say they have no idea? Well in case this thread got lost in the shuffle (mainly cause I was dumb and posted it on the 4th of July), here is more of my idea.

Technological Refinments:

Basically Technological Refinments are science's version of magical items. The game mechanic is the same just the fluff is different. I am just going to take magical items and refluff them as technological items but original ideas are very much welcom.

Axceric

First Post
What kinda tech are you thinking about? If your thinking of tech like the first gun then that seems completly out of place in D&D.

raptor112

First Post
What kinda tech are you thinking about? If your thinking of tech like the first gun then that seems completly out of place in D&D.

Only in a standard d&d game, From second edition on my game worlds always had one place on the map with some kind of technology

raptor112

First Post
I put together a reskinned/tweaked version of the wizard with a Tech theme.

It was inspired by Malcom_M's Alternate Power Source series, and can be found here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan...her-martial-wizard-gadgeteer.html#post4830032

With a bit of luck, there'll be some stff in there you can use. Poach away :).

I ended up going for the tech power source as martial - mainly because of the physical/real world training required.

I looked at it, it seems pretty cool, thanks for the ideas. I wonder, if I use a refluffed Artifcer as a technologist (leader) and a wizard as a Gadgeteer (controller), what do you think we should reskin for the striker and the defender to complete the tech grid

Cwheeler

First Post
Glad you like it Raptor :).

I'd say that the best option for striker would probably be Sorcerer (as explaining the warlocks pacts from a tech perspective would be annoying), and the Warden would probably be the best fit for defender (as the daily powers could quite easily be explained as using some form of powered exo-armor).

raptor112

First Post
Glad you like it Raptor :).

I'd say that the best option for striker would probably be Sorcerer (as explaining the warlocks pacts from a tech perspective would be annoying), and the Warden would probably be the best fit for defender (as the daily powers could quite easily be explained as using some form of powered exo-armor).

how would you reflavor Sorcerer though by way of tech? as for Warden, you go go with it being bio-tech instead of exoskeleton.

Remove ads