• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mage: The Awakening - OOC Planning Thread

Tokiwong

First Post
I am interested in starting a PbP game based in the new World of Darkness setting, most likely a small coastal college town setting with secrets and all that :)

Horror, mystery, and things that should not be would be the name of the game. Cthuluesque monsters, blasphemy, and secrets best left undisturbed would all factor into the story.

Now sure how many would be interested, but at least three people would be great, more info forthcoming.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
I was thinking of setting up a Vampire game the other day. But it would be the original system, not the new one. Is there much difference, btw?

Do you intend to play one of the settings like Vampire, Mage or Werewolf, a combination of them, or a human based game?

thotd

Tokiwong

First Post
My idea for the game is to start a World of Darkness basic game with mortals, and then probably lead into a Mage: The Awakening game, unless the players have a preference for another kind of World of Darkness game, or even core… but either way weirdness would abound.

I am familiar with all three lines, and am comfortable with any game line. I will say that Werewolf and Mage are my favorites, by far. Mage is probably the easiest to do, from a standpoint that the characters are essentially human, with fantastic powers.

The game would be based around a college town and the characters would be college students with certain hooks to jump start things, They should be between 17 and 19 years of age, actual location will be worked out as I develop ideas for it.

The game would be mature, heavily role playing based, with scenes of dramatic action as needed. I am looking for players that will enjoy a good narrative and story. More information to come, but this should give you a general idea of what I am looking at.

Tokiwong

First Post
doghead said:
I was thinking of setting up a Vampire game the other day. But it would be the original system, not the new one. Is there much difference, btw?
Not much but the rules I would say are more streamlined now, and it would be the new Wordl of Darkness rules.
doghead said:
Do you intend to play one of the settings like Vampire, Mage or Werewolf, a combination of them, or a human based game?

thotd
It would be most likely a mortal game turned Mage...

doghead

thotd
I would have to say Vampire is my favourite. The hunted hunter. The monstrous hero. All those cool powers tied to unspeakable desires. I have played it a few times, but only the old rules. I have also played Werewolf and Mage, again, only with the old rules. Actually I was a werewolf in a Mage game, which make my knowledge of Mage a bit weak). I also have, but have never played the Ghost game, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

That said, I'm happy to try anything, so long as I can play my half celestial dire psychic ninja. It roxxors. You'll love it. Trust me. :D

Or Bruder.

thotd

Wrahn

First Post
I would be interested, but the only rules from WoD I am familiar with are the (*gasp*) first edition rules of Mage the Ascention. I consider role playing cooperative storytelling, so I am a fan of a rich narrative.

I have played in a (pseudo) World of Darkness game using the GURPS conversion, so I am somewhat up to speed on the background and what not, though, of course, I am not up on the current change. Perhaps that is for the best, as it sounds like we will at least start out as "babes in the woods"

Festy_Dog

First Post
I've been sniffing around for a WoD game recently since I've been reading through the new books. I could be interested in this, the Lovecraftian influence certainly appeals to me setting-wise.

Remove ads