Mando season 3

Zardnaar

Legend
Sabene Wren was able to master the darksabre (with help from a jedi) and she doesn't have dark side points or a desire to rule Mandalore (she pretty much ran away from that calling).

On the other hand Darth Maul also mastered the darksabre, and he had both in abundance.

Maybe it doesn't like his cult then?

Zardnaar

Legend
The creature dates back to the early 80s Star Wars comics, while the name only dates back to 2005. According to wookieepedia.

The cyborg was indeed very cool. I want to know more about it and how it got there.

Yep. It's the same one: R5-D4.

I'm sure mythosaur was used in 90's.

His skull design referenced it and one if the kotor games has a mythosaur axe iirc.

1995 tales of the Jedi comic.

pukunui

Legend
Let me clarify: Its first appearance (as a skeleton) was in a 1980s comic but it wasn't until 2005 that the skeleton in that comic was identified as a mythosaur skeleton. So yes, the first use of the term "mythosaur" will come somewhere in between. Can't seem to find a "first mentioned" reference on wookieepedia anywhere: Mythosaur/Legends

Maybe it doesn't like his cult then?
No, I don't think that's it at all. It's all about Din's mindset, not the sword's personal preferences.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Regarding Din and the darksaber, it's worth re-watching the Rebels episode where Sabine learns to wield it (S3 E15). She also struggles with it, and the Jedi training her aren't surprised - there seems to be a degree of mental connection required for any light saber to be wielded well.

Din hasn't had the benefit of Jedi training and he just plain doesn't think about the weapon that way, so it's no wonder he struggles with it.

Regarding the episode in general, yes this was a great improvement. I really liked seeing Din's journey to the surface first and then Bo's. The clear difference in emotional impact between them was a great contrast, and this was, in general, very much more Bo Katan's episode than Din Djarin's.

Did anyone else immediately think "Morlocks" when those creatures ambushed Din?
I don't want to have to watch other shows to know what's going on .....

As for the episode, much better. Yes, morlocks and the mines of Moria.

If that's what they're building up to, then we're in for a long haul.

a7af3901b43c0905e98a8e1995d19b1d.jpg

His skull design referenced it and one if the kotor games has a mythosaur axe iirc.

1995 tales of the Jedi comic.
Mythosaurs first appeared in the Marvel Star Wars comic, Star Wars (1977) 69, and numerous sources have featured the mythosaurs and provided information since. However, prior to 2013, mythosaurs had never appeared alive in Star Wars, only as skeletons or symbols, primarily as the sigil of the Mandalorian people. That year, with the release of The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett—co-authored by Daniel Wallace, Jason Fry, and Ryder Windham—came the first depiction of a living mythosaur.
Source: Mythosaur/Legends

Remove ads