Mando season 3

pukunui

Legend
Well, I guess we won’t be seeing Bo-Katan’s face again for a while.

Overall that was a rather slow episode. Felt a bit like filler in a way. Obviously the communications officer is still working for Gideon, but I don’t really get what that whole elaborate plot was for. Is she only partially wiping Pershing’s memory so he’ll go back to being loyal to Gideon, or is she making him forget everything so he won’t be of any use to anyone anymore? I also find it hard to believe that the New Republic would have a device like that.

MarkB

Legend

Overall that was a rather slow episode. Felt a bit like filler in a way. Obviously the communications officer is still working for Gideon, but I don’t really get what that whole elaborate plot was for. Is she only partially wiping Pershing’s memory so he’ll go back to being loyal to Gideon, or is she making him forget everything so he won’t be of any use to anyone anymore? I also find it hard to believe that the New Republic would have a device like that.
I liked that glimpse of life in the New Republic. It's something we haven't really seen before - most content in this era has stuck to frontier worlds.

The New Republic having to cope with rehabilitation, and in some instances deprogramming of former Imperial personnel is one of those things that, in retrospect, would obviously be a concern, but which tends not to be considered.

I wonder to how great an extent their amnesty programme has been infiltrated.

Ryujin

Legend
I just realized that the actor playing the woman manipulating Pershing is Katy O'Brian, who played "George" on Z-Nation. Good to see her getting that level of work now. So many people were just getting recurring roles when SyFy killed the show and some of them were friends.

I would generally agree that this was a slow episode, albeit an interesting one (which is different from a "good" one).

I did enjoy the opening (stall-turning a starfighter made me laugh but I will always support stall-turns), even if it was beat-for-beat so predictable I could have been writing it.

The Dr Pershing stuff was interesting because we've never seen that sort of "Operation Paperclip" meets Peace & Reconciliation stuff before but given how many people were in the Empire forces it'd be necessary.

Also like, everything about Elia Kane is basically this for me:

1678893235877.png

So like no further comment other than that Katy O'Brian rocks, more of this character please.

The Mon Calamari guy noted he'd had it used on him so I wonder if a whole bunch of people have, and that's how it's being used by the New Republic, especially given we heard about how the New Republic doesn't use Imperial tech, specifically. Maybe she's created a sort of "cell" of New Republic people who have been zapped by this thing and are under her/Gideon's sway?

End of the episode was a little concern. Bo-Katan don't trust these dangerous lunatics! They are not The Way!

Remove ads