Mando season 3

Argyle King

Legend
Episode 3 had a tone which seemed to embrace a very different vision for SW than what Mando has traditionally been. I'm not sure that's particularly good.

I wouldn't say the episode was bad per se. However, the pacing was weird. I think a lot of the story could have been spread out across multiple episodes as a b-plot rather than being the meat of an entire episode.

The general idea was somewhat interesting, but the execution was kinda bleh. The CGI train seemed especially out of place. It wasn't quite as bad as the scooter gang in Book of Boba..., but it was a noticeable departure from the norms of the show.

I'm not sure that I understand how the New Republic is even remotely functional with such terrible management of resources.

Zardnaar

Legend
The bit with the park and the mountain tip I've read in novels. I'm sure Wookipedia will tell which ones. Some of the Coruscant locations look similar to those in The Old Republic MMO. There is a dig at "Imperial Centre", from ANH. Cubicles from Andor. Train with droid ticket inspectors from The Clone Wars. Mind Flayer from D&D, via Stranger Things. One of the Mandalorians wears a cape Boba Fett style.

Obvious ones like TIE interceptors, some Mando stuff, New Republic crest, the mountain in the plaza, ISD model, few others.

Zardnaar

Legend
Oh couple of things i oticed.

The speech by the doctor seemed to be about combining strands of DNA. Snoke was a strandcasting or something like that according to some RoS sourcebook.

And the NR was undermined from within in the new canons novels.

Conceptually it predates that mentioned iin Legends 1994 iirc. And that concept art.
Yeah though it was pretty vague and what we have here matches the High Republic take not that.
The speech by the doctor seemed to be about combining strands of DNA. Snoke was a strandcasting or something like that according to some RoS sourcebook.
Yes that was notable, the talk about "genetic strands" and that's correct re: Snoke:

I note Snoke's entire origin has been modified and detailed to some pretty serious degree via books. New EU, same as the old EU.
TIE interceptors
And TIE Bombers, actually bombing something!
Lots of easter eggs over 40 apparently. I only got around a dozen.
Some of them are just ignorant nerds being ignorant, not easter eggs - like the dumbasses who think the stall-turn (a classic aerobatic manuever also known as a hammerhead) was a Batman '89 reference, so I wouldn't worry too much about "missing" them.

I did appreciate that they had Twileks with real jobs, though, rather than them seemingly being strictly split between "freedom fighters" and "exotic dancers" which is how they're usually represented.

Not a great episode in my opinion (mostly). I’m hoping all the filler in the middle pays off. Glad I wasn’t the only 1 that felt the cgi was off. There was a part where the mandalorians are walking through a cave tunnnel and it really felt like watching cosplayers. Can’t put my finger on it but I immediately was pulled from the believability of the effects
At this point who is actually running the new republic in coruscant and who in the original movies would be living there? I’m assuming jar jar is there ? Where was the empire located during this

Remove ads