Mando season 3

Zardnaar

Legend
Just an observation: Din seemed to be fighting against the darksabre again, but Bo-Katan was able to use it fluidly.

One theory is the Saber is semi sentient or like an intelligent sword in D&D.
It's purpose is Mandalore.

Dins not interested in ruling.

Before I heard that one I was thinking it leans towards the dark side. Din doesn't have any dark side points;).

Both are just theories think I like the top one the best.

One theory is the Saber is semi sentient or like an intelligent sword in D&D.
It's purpose is Mandalore.

Dins not interested in ruling.

Before I heard that one I was thinking it leans towards the dark side. Din doesn't have any dark side points;).

Both are just theories think I like the top one the best.
Sabene Wren was able to master the darksabre (with help from a jedi) and she doesn't have dark side points or a desire to rule Mandalore (she pretty much ran away from that calling).

On the other hand Darth Maul also mastered the darksabre, and he had both in abundance.

pukunui

Legend
Sabene Wren was able to master the darksabre (with help from a jedi) and she doesn't have dark side points or a desire to rule Mandalore (she pretty much ran away from that calling).

On the other hand Darth Maul also mastered the darksabre, and he had both in abundance.
It's like the Armorer said. Din is struggling with the darksaber because he is "fighting against the blade" and trying to control it with his physical strength alone. He hasn't got the right mindset to wield it properly. ("Your body is strong but your mind is distracted." "I am focused." "The blade says otherwise.") I would say he's still distracted - he's too busy thinking about how he must atone for his sins. And he's still in a follower mindset.

While Sabine might not have wanted to rule Mandalore, she clearly had the right mindset - and she had some Jedi to help her. Din only has a traumatized youngling.

Bo-Katan also clearly has the right mindset (and no doubt has some dark side points from when she was a terrorist with Death Watch).

EDIT: The question is - will Din learn how to wield the darksaber properly and become a leader of his people, or will Bo-Katan challenge him for it and earn the right to wield it legitimately and be the one to reunite her people? Could be a case of "third time's the charm" for her.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Much better episode this week than last.

In a galaxy full of dumb names, "mythosaur" is in the top three dumbest.

The cyborg, on the other hand, was fantastic, like a rogue Doctor Who villain jumped franchises. Extremely effective.

So, this isn't the same R4 unit that Jawas once tried to sell to Luke, is it? (It probably is, isn't it?)

pukunui

Legend
In a galaxy full of dumb names, "mythosaur" is in the top three dumbest.
The creature dates back to the early 80s Star Wars comics, while the name only dates back to 2005. According to wookieepedia.

The cyborg, on the other hand, was fantastic, like a rogue Doctor Who villain jumped franchises. Extremely effective.
The cyborg was indeed very cool. I want to know more about it and how it got there.

So, this isn't the same R4 unit that Jawas once tried to sell to Luke, is it? (It probably is, isn't it?)
Yep. It's the same one: R5-D4.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases