Mando season 3

Yeah, the Grogu training thing was also borderline ridiculous. Sure, they probably learn from an early age, but he’s still basically a toddler, it seems.
He is more like 4-ish, but late speaking. Perhaps because his species normally communicates through the Force.

If you assume his species has a life span roughly 10 times human - Yoda lives to "900" and looks around 90 - then he would be 5.

Yoda had been training Jedi for over 800 years though, so he was fully a Jedi master before age 100.
Good point. And species reach maturity at different rates.

It occurred to me that one way they might continue Grogu's story would be in a new show with the clock wound on several decades. Make it animated, then they don't have to worry about having a puppet as the central character.

MarkB

Legend
Good point. And species reach maturity at different rates.

It occurred to me that one way they might continue Grogu's story would be in a new show with the clock wound on several decades. Make it animated, then they don't have to worry about having a puppet as the central character.
Or just make him fully a Mandalorian in armour, and put a kid in a costume.

The tricky part is that he's half the appeal of this series, and writing him out of it will be a tough sell - as they clearly concluded sometime between the end of season 2 and the latter half of BoBF.

Reef

Hero
The puppet thing is definitely holding them back. It’s perfectly fine (impressively so) when he’s just sitting there being cute, or pitter-pattering around after someone. But it’s not going to work well for more a more action-based role.

MarkB

Legend
The puppet thing is definitely holding them back. It’s perfectly fine (impressively so) when he’s just sitting there being cute, or pitter-pattering around after someone. But it’s not going to work well for more a more action-based role.
Yeah, I fully believe that as a Jedi he could jump around the way he does, but at the same time it just looks ridiculous. And putting him in a set of junior armour is not going to improve that visual.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Have I mentioned how stupid the no removing your helmet thing is? Hell, they never remove any armor. Their skin would be ruined by now. It's just dumb. I'm not even going to comment on how stupid they are at combat, given the excellent write up above.....

MarkB

Legend
Have I mentioned how stupid the no removing your helmet thing is? Hell, they never remove any armor. Their skin would be ruined by now. It's just dumb. I'm not even going to comment on how stupid they are at combat, given the excellent write up above.....
The part where they all simultaneously go off and isolate themselves to eat meals, while next to a predator's nest, without leaving anyone on watch was particularly special. I guess those things don't hunt by smell.

Or just make him fully a Mandalorian in armour, and put a kid in a costume.

The tricky part is that he's half the appeal of this series, and writing him out of it will be a tough sell - as they clearly concluded sometime between the end of season 2 and the latter half of BoBF.
I think they should be planning on winding up the show in a couple of series. A planned ending is always better, and they can always bring back popular characters in crossover shows.

Stalker0

Legend
Yeah, the Grogu training thing was also borderline ridiculous. Sure, they probably learn from an early age, but he’s still basically a toddler, it seems.
A toddler that managed to:

• Get out of the mines of Mandalore while being hunted by creatures.
  • Get back to the ship and knew to go to Bo-Katan for help
  • Showed Bo-Katan where Mando was.

I think people are being too humanist with Grogu. We see a creature that can't talk as super young and simple, but Grogu is much smarter than he looks.

That said, I agree the action scenes seem a bit ridiculous with the puppet.

Remove ads