• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Married with Children and D&D

Cam Banks

Adventurer
My group consists of two married couples (my wife and I, and the couple whose house we game at), with 3 toddlers (one of them is mine aged 14 months, the other two are the other couple's and are 14 months and 2 years old) roaming about until bedtime. The group also includes 3 other unmarried guys although one's engaged I believe. One of the unmarried guys is going overseas for research on his dissertation, so a married friend of ours is going to come along for my Dragonlance campaign this fall. His wife is also a gamer but she's got evening work commitments.

We usually game one evening in the weekday, which is both a great thing (routine is nice) and a bad thing (not as much time to game). Occasionally we'll all be free on a weekend day, for one-shots, extended campaign adventures, and whatnot.

Cheers,
Cam

robaustin

First Post
Two married couples and three guys (who are married but spouses don't play). We're all early to mid 30's, and some of us have gamed together since 1981! One couple has 2 kids, the other couple does not. Myself and one of the other guys have kids on the way (my wife is due in mere days!) and the other one guy has a kid.

The kids play together at our DM's house when we play. Works out well.

--*Rob

kengar

First Post
last group I DM-ed was 5 people, 2 single (one guy, one girl), 2 married guys (w/kids at home) & my wife (we have a baby girl)

The new group my wife and I will be playing in is two married couples (w/kids) & one guy (not sure if he's married or not).

freebfrost

Explorer
My group consists of the following:

35 year old married male (wife doesn't play, no children).

36 year old married male (wife doesn't play, 2 year old).

34 year old couple (wife currently not playing but is a gamer, 2 year old and 1 year old).

36 year old single female.

35 year old single male.

35 year old married male (wife plays but not in my group, no children).

15 year old single male.

Our game sessions are held every 2nd Sunday in my basement gaming room for 5-6 hours. Having a set time but not on a weekly basis seems to work well for everyone, especially those with children.

Ysgarran

We have a group of seven players who get together every two weeks. Three of them have been playing together for 17 years now. Another two are now young adults (19 years old) that I've watched grow up, finish high school and start going to college. The last two players joined about 8 years ago.

Another long time member of the group has children just short of being teenagers (tweens?). In another couple of years they will probably start playing with the group.

I have a four year old and a two year old. I've mentioned in the past that my son's first word was "Diiice"... Both kids love playing with my collection of dice.

Having children has meant that I don't have as much time preparing for games. I still attend every two weeks though. It has changed the style of the game I run a bit. I use more prepared modules now adays and fewer custom designed ones. The time I prepare is now used more on NPC development as opposed to 'locale' development.

Ysgarran.

WizarDru

Adventurer
I DM a game, with 6 players.

Of those six, one is my wife (and mother of my 2 little gamers). Two are married, and a third would be if certain laws were different. :) One of my married players is actively trying to start a family.

Garmorn

Explorer
My group is made up of one couple (me and my wife) with one child, a divorcee who has two childern and a single guy. We are all in our 40's.

The childern are 18, 16, and 10. The olderst is our daughter who just left for collage after growing up around gaming and is a avid gamer her self. The 16 year old games as often as her situation alows, while the 12 year old has yet to show much intrest in actual gaming.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Our weekly game:

Me (32, married to a gamer wife, 1 daughter age 2)
Married guy (32, married to non-gamer wife, 1 son age 6, 1 son on the way)
Married guy (32, married to non-gamer wife, no kids)
Single guy (33, long term girlfriend who is a gamer, no kids)

Our 1/month RttToEE game:

Same group as above but also...

Married couple (both 33, 1 daughter nearly 2 years old)
Married guy (33, married to non-gamer wife, 1 daughter almost 2 years old and 1 child on the way)
Girlfriend of Single Guy (31)

Recently we were four married couples with children too. One couple moved away, though, and two of the wives weren't really into it that much. I'm not entirely sure what we'll shake up as.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads