• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue starts to say something but the man is off. He blinks, regains his composure and looks around studying the room.

"Ah, Master Jantrashan. Of course," says Blue as if that explains everything.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 15
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: spear
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 1/2 per day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The DaQan smiles at his allies in bemusement. "Well, word of our deeds is getting around to some corners of the city. I wonder if this is a good thing . . ."

[sblock=Stat Block]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 1
CN Medium Outsider (Native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-Footed 15 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural)
HP 23 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee
. . Greataxe +4 (1d12+4/x3) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2)
Ranged
. . Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d10+3/19-20/x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 17 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Drag)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits Armor Expert, Rich Parents
Skills Climb +7, Survival +4, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ Stone in the Blood, Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day)
Combat Gear Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3), Greataxe, Dagger, Dagger, Cestus, Arrows (40), Blunt arrows (20), Masterwork Chain shirt; Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (10 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (2 @ 1 lbs), Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Hammock, Silk rope, Torch (2), Trail rations (4), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs), Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"A reputation for solving problems would not be a bad thing," says Blue absentmindedly as he peers after the clerk. The shaman rubs at the side of his face in an effort to make himself more alert and less sleepy.

Shaman Spells
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
After what seems like an age, the clerk returns from the depths of the Turif Holding.

"Please follow me," he says, and returns the way he just came, waiting to make sure that the group is following him. Shem gives a glance at Mal and clears his throat nervously, before falling into line with the others.

The clerk leads you down broad corridors lined with old, worn looking carvings of various animals, around the edge of a cloistered garden and up to some hardwood doors. He knocks gingerly and the door opens.

Beyond is a richly decorated chamber. Despite the summer heat, a fire is burning in the hearth. Books and scrolls line the walls, a deep red rug carpets the floor, and light shines through some stained glass windows set high in the far wall onto a broad hardwood desk. Sat behind it is an old woman, her tiny frame almost lost in the large paded chair. She stands and comes around to the front of the desk, leaning on a cane but moving with dignity.

"Thank you," she gestures to the clerk, who departs with a bow. The door closes behind you, and you see that an armed guard has been opening and closing it.

"Welcome, gentlemen," says the old woman. "I am Lady Calis Ondra-Turif."

"Lady C!" says Shem, quietly.

"Quite so, young man," says Lady C, betraying sharp hearing. "So, I believe, they call me. Head of House Turif. We are one of the four largest houses in the Merchant's League, with holdings from here to the Outer Continent. I have at my command tens of thousands of individuals and billions of yen. And yet here I am, having a discussion with some unknown street people."

She hobbles forwards, until she is looking straight up at Hang and Mal.

"House Turif has a problem," she continues. "Last night, so I am told by one of my jiunsami, you helped apprehend a red jade spirit that was loose in the city. Where there are red jade spirits, there must be red jade. A powerful aid to magic, but its trade is strictly regulated due to the inherent dangers of the spirits that sometimes live inside it. It isn't worth the time and trouble for us to deal with, but somebody in my organisation is doing just that. Illegally, and without authorisation. I will not tolerate actions that will bring this House into disrepute, nor invite censure from the League. Our standing is too important to endanger with such folly, but somebody thinks he or she can turn a quick profit at my expense.

"You have already shown yourselves to be capable of dealing with spirits. I have few I can trust within the House, perhaps outsiders will be more use? I need you to investigate further, find out who in House Turif is dealing with this red jade. I can reward you handsomely, but this conversation doesn't go beyond these walls. What do you say, gentlemen?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang raised his left eyebrow at lady C. "Yes I'm used to decapitate people, and here I am talking. We came here for a reward, we have our own agenda to purse. We will only be persuaded to do your bidding if you could offer us a ship with a crew in repayment."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Lady C looks up at Hang and chuckles.

"So small a price?" she says. "And what would you want with a ship and a crew, young man?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"If small, it is our prize. And what we do with the ship is not your business. You only need to know our demands and fulfil them once we have solved this issue for you." Hang says, stoic and hard as stone. "Is there any information on the matter that you wish to give to us in order to hasten the process?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue bows deeply when the head of House Turif enters. He listens to her speech, twitches slightly when she refers to them as commoners (even though Blue certainly is), nods in comprehension when the lady explains her problem and desire, and gapes in shock when Hang asks for a ship in exchange for their services.

With a cough and a slight clearing of his throat Blue attempts to mask his surprise and shock. "Ahem. Lady Calis Ondra-Turif," says Blue with another bow. "Master Hang does not speak for all of us. Truth be told, we were thrown together by business and through the unfortunate circumstance of the red jade spirit. I pledge to aid your House; this is a serious matter, but I'm not so sure that I have the skill for such an investigation. Oh, sure, I can speak with spirits but fighting them, should it be necessary, or making investigations in this world is outside my talent. I don't want to deceive you into thinking otherwise. But, uhm, if you think it would help..." Realizing that in his nervousness at being in the presence of a person of power and influence he is rambling Blue trails off into awkward silence.

Shaman Spells