• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang turns, hard gaze fized in Blue, as he rambles incomprehensibly. "Apologies, communing with spirits has left our shaman feeble minded." he says to the lady, slowly turning back to face her.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Lady C brushes the comment away with one hand.

"I will have Master Jantrashan give you the details," she says. "Come back at sundown. As to the ship, that can be sorted. As will any other recompense you would rather have," she adds, with a glance at Blue. "I suggest you decide that amongst yourselves. I give you until sundown to consider." She nods towards the door, and the guard opens it.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mal looks from one to the other of his companions as they speak with the Lady C, but holds his peace until the three are alone in the room. Once the Lady has made her exit, he pauses for yet another moment. When he speaks, his voice is the first soft slither of gravel down a shale slope . . . soft, but with the promise of the avalanche lurking at the edges. "It seems to me that we have some talking to do before we go further, my friends. We seem to have common purpose, but very different senses of urgency about fulfilling that purpose. Hang, you are an arrow aimed squarely at the target, where Blue seems content to get there when he gets there. I think if we're to work together we'll need to come to some sort of understanding.

"Hang, like Blue I was somewhat upset that you chose to speak for all three of us in regards to our reward. However, your thought was an excellent one!"

[sblock=Stat Block]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 1
CN Medium Outsider (Native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-Footed 15 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural)
HP 23 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee
. . Greataxe +4 (1d12+4/x3) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2)
Ranged
. . Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d10+3/19-20/x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 17 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Drag)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits Armor Expert, Rich Parents
Skills Climb +7, Survival +4, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ Stone in the Blood, Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day)
Combat Gear Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3), Greataxe, Dagger, Dagger, Cestus, Arrows (40), Blunt arrows (20), Masterwork Chain shirt; Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (10 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (2 @ 1 lbs), Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Hammock, Silk rope, Torch (2), Trail rations (4), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs), Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Of course it was. If we manage to get our hands on a boat, and learn where this island is located, the jade will be ours alone, and we'll not have to share it with these leeches." He spits to the ground. "I've spent a great deal of my life surrounded by their kin, don't let Lady C's manners fool you, she'll use any mean to get our jade if she finds out about it. And while I should have consulted you first, I took the opportunity as it was, I assumed that if you thought about it for a moment, then you would agree that a ship with a crew was a perfect reward." Hang nods to himself. "I might be too focused on our goal, but opportunities like this one, that would allow us the means to get our jade are to be embraced. We don't have all the time in the world to be content and to enjoy the journey. There might be others seeking the jade, don´t forget the assassins. he offers. the warrior says, looking at each of the members of the group, before adding, perhaps in the most jovial and relaxed tone the others have heard him speaking in. In the end the spirits indeed pointed you to the right path.".

Dr Simon

Explorer
Shem looks nervously between the two hulking men towering over him.

"Erm.. from what I've heard about Lady C," he says, "the direct approach was the right way to go with her. She may look old and frail but they say she rules House Turif with a rod of iron. If someone in her House is going behind her back, she's not going to like that. She must be really rattled to bring in out-of-house people. Either that, or we're being set up. Or both, most likely."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue glares at Hang only slighty mollified by Mal's diplomacy.

"Don't speak to me like I am a fool. If we are to work together then I demand that you treat me with respect whether you have any towards me or not. It would have been a simple matter to say you needed to confer with us rather than just making a blanket statement concerning what we need. Temper your drive with courtesy, curb your constant insults, or I'll make my way on my own."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 15
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: spear
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 1/2 per day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Having said his piece, Mal stands silent now . . . content to let the other two work out their differences.

[sblock=Stat Block]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 1
CN Medium Outsider (Native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-Footed 15 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural)
HP 23 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee
. . Greataxe +4 (1d12+4/x3) and
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2)
Ranged
. . Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d10+3/19-20/x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 17 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Drag)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits Armor Expert, Rich Parents
Skills Climb +7, Survival +4, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ Stone in the Blood, Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day)
Combat Gear Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3), Greataxe, Dagger, Dagger, Cestus, Arrows (40), Blunt arrows (20), Masterwork Chain shirt; Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (10 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (2 @ 1 lbs), Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Hammock, Silk rope, Torch (2), Trail rations (4), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs), Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"What? You haven't even understand what just happened right?" Hang says. "I just saved our only chance to get the bloody boat from your clumsiness! You showed doubt, confusion, weaknesses that one as Lady C would no doubt in exploit. I didn't consider you a fool, but you insist on proving me wrong. I have yet to insult you, Blue. I am not one to hurt people with insults, but with my blade. So if you are unharmed, then I meant no wrong to you."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue shakes his head sadly.

"I understand exactly what happened. I also understand that despite what you have just said you have belittled me and the things I hold dear. And you refuse to recognize it, let alone bend enough to consider courtesy or, spirits forfend, an apology.

There is no common ground between us, and without common ground there can be no trust. How am I to embark on this journey for the white jade with a man I can trust no farther than I can throw a braashak tree? I cannot. So, I will keep my word to Lady C to help find those using the red jade then you can have your ship and I'll go my own way."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 15
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: spear
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 1/2 per day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang grabs the space between his eyes with his right hand, frowning as in pain. "I repeat I'm not a person of words. If you want an apology, then forgive my roughness, but that is how I am. Your spirits allowed us to see the red spirit, I would be a fool to belittle your skills and abilities." Hang drops his arms, hanging to his sides. "You want trust? Begin trusting in that I meant not to offend you. I repeat, I apologize if I offended you or your spirits."

Remove ads