• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue Eye Bellows, shaman

Blue frowns as he watches the figure lash the spirits and drive them on towards them. He frowns and wonders if they are just caught in the wrong place at the wrong time or if the spirits are being driven specifically to overtake them. If the latter, he doesn't like what that says about their quest.

"I'm not so sure, Captain." Blue squints into the onrushing storm; wind throws his hair about and rain lashes his face. "What sort of creature could drive them like that?" This last is spoken in a mutter and is filled with worry.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 30 Current: 22 [15 nonlethal]
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +5
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: spear
--Spear +4 (1d8+4 /x2)
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/2 per day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, detect magic, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Blue]
What Blue knows about spirits:

All things in the world are driven by spirits, of course, but usually these act according to the "natural" order of things. River spirits make water flow towards the sea, for example. What mortals term magic is usually the temporary wresting of control of either the spirits or their abilities, to make to world act in an unusual fashion for a while.

Most spirits are part of the celestial bureaucracy and do what they are told. Some spirits, particularly those associated with storms (thunder, lightning, rain and cloud spirits), and fire spirtis, are a bit more anarchic and often act on their own initiative.
Also, spirits from the netherworld do not follow the rules of the celestial bureaucracy but they are not normally able to get into the upper realms unless brought by magic.

So these could be wild free spirits, but that doesn't rule out the possibility that a magician is controlling them somewhere.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue Eye Bellows, shaman

"Mmm. Wild spirits, yes, but look. See? There's something else there, I think." Blue looks worried and wipes a bit of spray from his face while nearly losing his balance on the slick deck. He catches himself and turns to face the captain. "Do what you need to do, Captain. I don't think we're going to be able to avoid the storm."

--Spear +4 (1d8+4 /x2)

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/2 per day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, detect magic, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Mal stands on the deck with Blue and the others, shifting his feet uncomfortably and occasionally grabbing for rail or spar to steady himself. While he'd done fairly well in calm waters, it's plain he's no real sailor. He nods shortly as Blue instructs the captain to do what needs to be done. "We can't finish our task if we're dead, after all."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang

"Yes, do whatever it takes Captain. If those spirits put a ghastly pawn on the ship I'll terminate them." Hang says, steadying himself with the aid of a rope that secures the main mast.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Already doing it!" shouts Ying over the wind. The Shadow Lark heels about, running before the storm, but it isn't fast enough to outrun the lightning spirits. The little whip-bearing one alights at the top of the mast, giggling madly. The four "hounds" circle around the ship and move in towards the deck. The air is full of the tang of ozone.

OOC: Apologies for the slow responses. Not only am I busy at work, I'll also soon be moving house and starting a new job, so updtaes may be slow for a while!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"Looks like we're in for a bit of a tussle, my friends!" exclaims Malachite as he draws an arrow smoothly to his cheek. "Blue, you're our expert in the spirits . . . do we attack?"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang grabs his chain and walks to the side of the ship. “I’ll lash at these creatures if they get close. Knock that laughing brat out of our sail Mal.” Hang says, ready to whip at the creatures with his chain.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue Eye Bellows, shaman

Blue is about to answer Mal's question when Mal makes the question moot. Well, it isn't likely we were going to be able to resolve this peacefully anyway, he thinks. Nevertheless, Blue calls up to the whip-bearing spirit.

"We can defend ourselves, spirit, as you can see! What do you want with us? Speak, or begone!" Blue makes a symbol of protection in the air between himself and the spirit. He can hear Wild Jade Wolf's howl in counterpoint to the shrieking winds.

[sblock=OOC]Casting Guidance[/sblock]

--Spear +4 (1d8+4 /x2)