D&D 5E Meet the Japanese Iconic D&D Party!

A new 'iconic' pregenerated adventuring party

The Japanese language release of D&D 5E is happening this year, and WotC has created a new 'iconic' pregenerated adventuring party, illustrated by Chomoran, as part of the launch.

D21831CD-69E3-40BD-94DC-7675E193F78A.png

The party consists of:
  • Cal Skiprock, lightfoot halfling rogue
  • Lafail, half-elf cleric of Selune
  • Atria Dawnguard, a human fighter
  • Oldscar, high elf wizard
  • Turalish, dragonborn fighter

The half-elf is shorter because he is a teenage.

I see Hasbro/WotC to be interested into the Japanese market, and I guess not only about to sell more sourcebooks but also maybe publishing D&D manga in the future.

Japanese companies also should be interested into D&D, and not only about collabs in videogames, but also using this to introduce their titles in the international market.

I feel curiosity about the opinion of Japanese fandom about PC species based in their folklore, for example the hengeyokai and the korobokuru. Hengeyokai could be perfect if players want to play with a "kemonomimi" (animal ears).

I imagine D&D hengeyokai/kemonomimi with normal ears in the sides, not in the top. They could show animal ears in the top of the head, but they would be only a cosmetic effect using shapesifting traits. The subrace of the tanuki would be famous because they wear the bag "below the navel" as a symbol of wealth and virility. The mark of identity of the kokobokuru would be a hat or a parasol/umbrella made by fuki leaves because in their culture this are symbol of good fortune and their community (like the four-leaves trevol in Ireland).

The spirit folk should show useful specie traits, and a richer lore, not only as "elves' far cousins".

* About the pointed ears by elves, in my land there is a tradition in the children birthdays about a ear tug for each year because longed ears are symbol of long life and wisdow.

Remove ads

Remove ads