D&D 5E Meet the Japanese Iconic D&D Party!

A new 'iconic' pregenerated adventuring party

The Japanese language release of D&D 5E is happening this year, and WotC has created a new 'iconic' pregenerated adventuring party, illustrated by Chomoran, as part of the launch.

D21831CD-69E3-40BD-94DC-7675E193F78A.png

The party consists of:
  • Cal Skiprock, lightfoot halfling rogue
  • Lafail, half-elf cleric of Selune
  • Atria Dawnguard, a human fighter
  • Oldscar, high elf wizard
  • Turalish, dragonborn fighter

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Iconic party of 5? Nope. 2 fighters? And both in heavy armor? Nope.

Iconic parties are either 4 members or 6. 5 is not allowed. Cuz I said so.

2 fighters? Ok, but both heavy armor? How boring? Is that just to get a token female fighter? Why not have the dragonborn be a barbarian? Or a swashbuckler/dex fighter?

That art is cool, but iconic it is not (for me).
Fair enough your game your rules

In the D&D Starter set (the one with Phandelver) the pre-gen characters are 2 fighters (both human), wizard (elf), cleric (dwarf), rogue (Halfling)

Pretty cool. Looks like they are having some kind of in-person trial of D&D in Japan (as a result of the movie, but not a direct tie-in). Participating in the trial can get you some goods featuring these characters.

Released THIS YEAR?! On the cusp of a brand new version? What took them so long??
I think Wizards of the Coast Japan took over in 2022 from Hobby Japan and made a new effort in pushing the brand. There was some mention last year in one of their presentations and a commercial was shown.

Undrave

Legend
I think Wizards of the Coast Japan took over in 2022 from Hobby Japan and made a new effort in pushing the brand. There was some mention last year in one of their presentations and a commercial was shown.
Talk about dropping the ball… M:TG doesn’t seem to have this kind of delays.

Remove ads

Remove ads