[meta] fishing

graydoom

First Post
This is why I use MeowthBot to generate all my moves....

Every single move MeowthBot generates is logged.

If you are concerned about fishing, I would advise you to require either MeowthBot generated moves only, or Judge generated moves.

turtle

First Post
that's what I've been doing...

i'm not complaining, just observing. In my entire career I don't think I've generated a yen+yen move... yet I see these all the time... and I've never generated anything like

The emerald invincible dragon perfectly destroys the earth while obliterating the sky; defends against you and your little dog too

reiella

Explorer
It is regretable, but it obvious really who does...

And it hurts them from getting fights in the future, and more so, if it's blatantly obvious, it's insulting the judges intelligence.

Best solution I can give is either not to fight them, or request Judge-Gen matches or meowthbot generated and ask me to verify moves you find questionable.

On that note, I've begun working at making it easier for to parse through the huge (820 kb so far) logfile, making some progress, wanting to do some extra stuff with it though that isn't getting as much luck.

Jin Chi

First Post
It's actually more than obvious who the Bass Masters of YB are, and I think people are probably a little too nice about it.

I won't fight 'em (again), I won't judge for them, and they're not invited to my birthday party.

Insist on judge-gen or MB moves. One set of random moves is as good as another.

Wicht

Hero
sigh - has this started up again (or never really quit)

That is one reason I prefer strategy matches, the ease with which you can spot a cheater is a bit, well, easier.

And I would use Meowthbot but I am never in the chat room lately

reiella

Explorer
Would love for you to show up in the chat more often if you could Wicht :).

It's pretty quiet most of the time and I tend to idle alot :).

[ Add ]
And it is stuff like this that really makes me regret adding the hand-gen to the web-gen... As Jin Chi said when I finished it, the Fish Master 5000 :x... Just glad to realize that most people don't use it for that.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
LOL - I probably will be there soon but currently my schedule has been pretty busy and I know myself well enough to know how easily distracted I can get from what I ought to be doing when in chat (being logged onto the board is bad enough for my work habits) :D

Remove ads