mfrench's Return to Keep on the Borderlands: OOC/Recruiting (ALTs only)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Hey guys, I wanted to let you know I just took a new job (better pay!) but I will typically be working longer hours. I decided to focus on just two of my games so I won't be able to play in this one for the time being. Sorry to all involved. It was fun and perhaps I can pick it up again when my schedule frees up. Maraliss can probably just hang around the caravan and be an NPC healer.

mfrench

First Post
Adios airwalkrr. I hope the new job goes well. Maraliss is going to head to the keep with the caravan, unless the group clamors to keep her extra healing abilities. I wouldn't mind NPCing her for now; she can wait as an ALT at the keep if you ever return.

As for the rest, if there are no major objections I would like to shift the religions away from the normal Greyhawk pantheons and change to a different group of deities. I don't think that any of you are strongly affiliated with a church, so it shouldn't affect anyone greatly, but I think that it would fit the adventure better. I will post more details here when I get the chance.

mfrench

First Post
The proposed new religious information is from a now defunct game started here.

airwalkrr said:
There are three prominent religions . . . There are those who follow the monotheistic Faith of the Sun, worshiping the goddess Taiia in exclusion of all others. Then there is the Path of Light and Darkness, a religion that teaches the powers of good led by the god Elishar are locked in an eternal struggle with the agents of evil led by the god Toldoth. Finally, there is the cult of Dennari, a growing faith with a populist message for the downtrodden dregs of society. Adherents of the faiths engage in anything from pious disdain to bitter rivalry against each other.

Rautham and Risse can put their heads together in terms of geographic knowledge. The Yeomanry is sparsely populated; there aren't a whole lot of towns in the eastern half, where you are now. The keep is on the border of some wild hills, the Tors, and a swamp that runs into the Holds of the Sea Princes (a land that currently has internal civil strife). Trade with them must run through the swamp, and must go past Kendall Keep. To the north is a small spur of a major range of mountains, and beyond them is the nation of Sterich.

If the thieves are fleeing to Sterich on foot, it would take them days. There are nothing but hamlets within a few days travel by foot, unless you count the keep.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
new freelance alternate

Redclaw said:
I'd be interested in signing on as a freelance alternate. I've got enough character ideas floating around that I can fill just about any hole that opens up. If you prefer that I have a specific idea in mind, pencil me in for an elven fighter, probably heading down the combat expertise pathway.

As you have "lost" your freelance alternate I would like to be the new reserve.

If I can choose a class I would be interested in the knight from the PH2.
Link: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060501a&page=2
Full rules on crystalkeep, too.

Core only I don't like to prepare spells in advance. If you need a caster, I would prefer a spontanous one.

BTW: The warlock class has no new mechanics. It just got some spell-like abilities (one at first level). The new thing is, that they can ooccur arcane spell-failure.

I would really, really love to play a gnome warlock...

Last edited:

Remove ads