D&D Movie/TV Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith Join D&D Movie

From Comic Book Movies -- "Michelle Rodriguez (Avatar) and Justice Smith (Detective Pikachu) have joined Wonder Woman 1984's Chris Pine in Paramount and eOne's upcoming big-budget board game adaptation, Dungeons & Dragons..."

Michelle_Rodriguez_Cannes_2018_cropped.jpg

We learned in December about Chris Pine's involvement, along with directors Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So far, so good.

I mean, given the pandemic, it's not entirely certain there will be movie theaters by the time this is released.

But hey, everything else is looking okay!

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Unfortunately this movie seems to have C-grade casting written all over it. I mean, that’s no different to the other D&D movies, but I did have higher hopes initially.
Chris Pine is definitely not "C-grade", and as for the others: it's not often that a movie's main cast is entirely A-list actors - you'll have one or two, and the rest of the casting (the supporting roles) will be actors who generally don't carry their own movies. Michelle Rodriguez in particular is a really solid, proven, go-to supporting role actor.

R_J_K75

Legend
Rodriguez characters tend to die because she has a long and well-documented substance abuse problem which has landed her in jail and makes her difficult to work with.
I could be mistaken but didnt I just see her on a UFO or ghost hunters show within the last few months?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I could be mistaken but didnt I just see her on a UFO or ghost hunters show within the last few months?
There's no tv role in recent years in her IMDB listing other than a recurring one in Backdoor, one appearance on a sketch show, and before that Lost. The rest is movies and shorts.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases