D&D Movie/TV Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith Join D&D Movie

From Comic Book Movies -- "Michelle Rodriguez (Avatar) and Justice Smith (Detective Pikachu) have joined Wonder Woman 1984's Chris Pine in Paramount and eOne's upcoming big-budget board game adaptation, Dungeons & Dragons..."

Michelle_Rodriguez_Cannes_2018_cropped.jpg

We learned in December about Chris Pine's involvement, along with directors Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley.

R_J_K75

Legend
There's no tv role in recent years in her IMDB listing other than a recurring one in Backdoor, one appearance on a sketch show, and before that Lost. The rest is movies and shorts.
I looked there too before I posted that and searched a little more but I cant find anything on it. If it comes to me I'll post it. Really bugging me now though.

Dire Bare

Legend
Unfortunately this movie seems to have C-grade casting written all over it. I mean, that’s no different to the other D&D movies, but I did have higher hopes initially.
Chris Pine is definitely not "C-grade", and as for the others: it's not often that a movie's main cast is entirely A-list actors - you'll have one or two, and the rest of the casting (the supporting roles) will be actors who generally don't carry their own movies. Michelle Rodriguez in particular is a really solid, proven, go-to supporting role actor.
None of the actors listed so far are "C-grade" . . . a pretty insulting and nonsensical term, that Hollywood itself uses way too often. C-grade implies low talent, or talent past it's prime . . . and that doesn't apply to any of these folks. Pine is the only box-office big star listed so far, "A-list" so-to-speak . . . but they are all good actors. I'm very pleased with the casting so far.
Given how many ways there are to kill PCs, and how Michelle Rodriguez has a Sean Bean-esque way of dying in most of her film appearances, I'm suddenly wondering if the film will adhere to D&D tradition by ending with a TPK.
Just wait until we hear Sean Bean is in the movie! :)

J-H

Hero
I don't know Michelle Rodriguez at all, but you'd think her publicist or someone would have picked a photo that doesn't have a piece of gum in her mouth mid-chew.

Like...that's just a really strange choice for someone to make as a lead photo of an actress.

Iry

Hero
Rodriguez characters tend to die because she has a long and well-documented substance abuse problem which has landed her in jail and makes her difficult to work with.
I thought she tended to die because she absolutely loves the 'Badass Death' part of movies, and eagerly agrees to do them? Essentially the opposite of Sean Bean (who does not like dying).

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
None of the actors listed so far are "C-grade" . . . a pretty insulting and nonsensical term, that Hollywood itself uses way too often. C-grade implies low talent, or talent past it's prime . . . and that doesn't apply to any of these folks. Pine is the only box-office big star listed so far, "A-list" so-to-speak . . . but they are all good actors. I'm very pleased with the casting so far.

Just wait until we hear Sean Bean is in the movie! :)
I don't know, she's been a lead actress in 6 Fast & Furious films, which is probably the third largest franchise in movies. Ahead of Chris Pine's Star Trek and Chris Pine's DCU/WW.
She was also third listed actress in Avatar, which if they ever film & release the sequels will be the fourth largest franchise in movies.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases