D&D Movie/TV Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith Join D&D Movie

From Comic Book Movies -- "Michelle Rodriguez (Avatar) and Justice Smith (Detective Pikachu) have joined Wonder Woman 1984's Chris Pine in Paramount and eOne's upcoming big-budget board game adaptation, Dungeons & Dragons..." https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fantasy/dungeons-dragons-michelle-rodriguez-and-justice-smith-join-chris-pine-in-fantasy-adaptation-a182313#gs.sfctbx We learned in...

From Comic Book Movies -- "Michelle Rodriguez (Avatar) and Justice Smith (Detective Pikachu) have joined Wonder Woman 1984's Chris Pine in Paramount and eOne's upcoming big-budget board game adaptation, Dungeons & Dragons..."

Michelle_Rodriguez_Cannes_2018_cropped.jpg

We learned in December about Chris Pine's involvement, along with directors Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
@Ruin Explorer i apologize for my manner toward you. I find the particular type of criticism you have used in this thread...objectionable, on multiple levels, but I went a bit far toward personal territory over it, and that was unnecessary.

Also you’re wrong and Legend kicks ass and the pacing is exactly right for a dark fairy tale you absolute maniac! 😂

Jokes aside, though, Dark Crystal is overrated, Labyrinth is rated roughly where it should be, and Legend deserves to be side by side with them, at least.

Neither critical reviews nor aggregated audience ratings can be relied upon as authoritive. Neither can win an argument about quality.

Also it’s wild to suggest there isn’t a plot. It’s not even a hard plot to follow. I rewatched it, probably for the 6th or 7th time in my life, and it still holds up, including to someone who generally doesn’t rewatch things if I suspect they won’t hold up, because nostalgia does not, ever, salvage bad media for me. The old He-Man cartoons are terrible, no matter how much I loved them as a kid. Unwatchable as an adult. Legend, OTOH, has only gotten better.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Neither critical reviews nor aggregated audience ratings can be relied upon as authoritive. Neither can win an argument about quality.

Your personal position is the aggregated rating of an audience of one.

Legend is ponderous and boring, and struggles to tell a coherent narrative. Labyrinth and Dark Crystal fire the imagination, and were significant technical achievements of their time.

doctorbadwolf

Also, if we were going to erroneously care about aggregated ratings, Legend has a 73% audience score on rotten tomatoes, with over 100k ratings. It’s score is lower only on sites with vastly fewer ratings.

So, the popular vote isn’t even on the side of the “Legend is godawful” camp.

doctorbadwolf

The dismissal of others, but putting forth your own thoughts amounts to, "You can't listen to them about quality! Here, let me tell you about quality!" which is not a terribly self-consistent position.
Good thing that is very clearly not my position, but thanks for the blatant misrepresentation.

What I said is that aggregated ratings don’t win any arguments, and are not authoritive. I did not suggest that my own opinion is authoritive, nor did I dismiss anyone.

edit: no I’m actually angry at this gaslighting BS. I was being talked down to about my own opinion, and my opinion being dismissed out of hand on the grounds that I disagreed with the critics. That is dismissal of others, but when I argue against that, and criticise the elitism of it, you accuse me of the behavior being used against me? Seriously?

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Also, if we were going to erroneously care about aggregated ratings, Legend has a 73% audience score on rotten tomatoes, with over 100k ratings. It’s score is lower only on sites with vastly fewer ratings.

So, the popular vote isn’t even on the side of the “Legend is godawful” camp.

Rotten Tomoto is terrible. Imdb is a decent guideline but movies etc are very subjective.

Orville 27% iirc in RT then they punted season 2 up to over 90%.

Zardnaar

Legend
Another problem is that any site that lets just anybody rate and review stuff can be bombed with either massive positive or negative ratings.

That and no nuance.

My secret for movies being bombed is often average the critic and audience scores.

Critics often to generous and dependent on studios for early access.

Horwath

Legend
Another problem is that any site that lets just anybody rate and review stuff can be bombed with either massive positive or negative ratings.
this is true.

but Orville proved that "official" critics on RT are useless hacks,

Season 1: critics 30%, audience 94%
Season 2: critics 100%; audience 94%

And, even as Season 2 is little better than season 1, I would not say that is was a move from complete trash to a masterpiece, and critics said that it was a move like; from "Red Sonja" to "Shawshank redemption" in one season. :D

Remove ads

Remove ads