• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith Join D&D Movie

From Comic Book Movies -- "Michelle Rodriguez (Avatar) and Justice Smith (Detective Pikachu) have joined Wonder Woman 1984's Chris Pine in Paramount and eOne's upcoming big-budget board game adaptation, Dungeons & Dragons..." https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fantasy/dungeons-dragons-michelle-rodriguez-and-justice-smith-join-chris-pine-in-fantasy-adaptation-a182313#gs.sfctbx We learned in...

From Comic Book Movies -- "Michelle Rodriguez (Avatar) and Justice Smith (Detective Pikachu) have joined Wonder Woman 1984's Chris Pine in Paramount and eOne's upcoming big-budget board game adaptation, Dungeons & Dragons..."

Michelle_Rodriguez_Cannes_2018_cropped.jpg

We learned in December about Chris Pine's involvement, along with directors Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley.

Yeah, the story was rather weak. And calling your fictionalized materian "unobtanium" was really dumb—that's the name of the trope for rare, exotic materials (like mithril, adamantine, adamantium, vibranium, etc.).
Not really. A lot of scientists are geeks, and are more than likely to name something after a geek-culture trope.

I thought it was Dances With Wolves in space.
Allegories about colonialism are pretty common in science fiction. It frequently crops up in Doctor Who, has been touched on in Star Trek, and is in dozens of novels (including War of the Worlds). Dances With Wolves came pretty late to the party.

Also see: The Eagle of the Ninth.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Decently known cast so far, gives me some hope it will be an enjoyable movie like the 80s Conan movies. As far as Irons, I think his overacting in the D&D movie added to its buffoonery in many scenes, felt like a high school or college theater actor yelling the lines in an effort to make it seem more dramatic.

The only reason anyone who doesn't play D&D might know that the first D&D movie exists is because Irons was in it.
Unless the are a really big Wayans fan...
I watched it because it had Jimmy Olsen from Lois & Clark. God I loved that show. I found out who Irons was from that movie.

Remove ads

Remove ads