D&D Movie/TV Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith Join D&D Movie

From Comic Book Movies -- "Michelle Rodriguez (Avatar) and Justice Smith (Detective Pikachu) have joined Wonder Woman 1984's Chris Pine in Paramount and eOne's upcoming big-budget board game adaptation, Dungeons & Dragons..."

Michelle_Rodriguez_Cannes_2018_cropped.jpg

We learned in December about Chris Pine's involvement, along with directors Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley.

Nytmare

David Jose
It will use CGIof course.

But compare with Star Wars or MCU where even the back grounds are CGI along with some character's.

That's very expensive though 200 million dollars or more plus marketing.

I'm expecting them to CGI things they have to. LotR was made on a show string budget relative to most movies now (they got a trilogy comparatively on the cheap).

I work in the film industry. CGI extended backgrounds, additional crowd elements, foliage replacement, precipitation removal is everywhere. It's just gotten to the point where it's good enough that you don't notice it. Once the door is open and CGI is in the budget it just gets used.

It is going to be in this movie and it will be used EXTENSIVELY. You don't make a feature length D&D movie and not have CGI backgrounds and characters. Fantastical CGI backgrounds and characters will be a selling point.

Zardnaar

Legend
I work in the film industry. CGI extended backgrounds, additional crowd elements, foliage replacement, precipitation removal is everywhere. It's just gotten to the point where it's good enough that you don't notice it. Once the door is open and CGI is in the budget it just gets used.

It is going to be in this movie and it will be used EXTENSIVELY. You don't make a feature length D&D movie and not have CGI backgrounds and characters. Fantastical CGI backgrounds and characters will be a selling point.

They're gonna use it if course just doubt it's MCU/Star Wars levels.

auburn2

Adventurer
Yeah, I hear ya. The Fast and Furious, Avatar, Jurassic Park were all such tremendous box office flops because of their involvement. Add in the "so-called" director of the John Wick movies, destined to failure. :rolleyes:
You mention Fast and Furious and by most accounts Vin Diesel is a huge D&D fan. You would think he would be clamoring for a shot in the movie.

Frankly I don't think this movie is going to turn out great. Hopefully I am presently surprised.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
You mention Fast and Furious and by most accounts Vin Diesel is a huge D&D fan. You would think he would be clamoring for a shot in the movie.

Frankly I don't think this movie is going to turn out great. Hopefully I am presently surprised.
Vin stars in F&F flicks with Rodriguez maybe he is also in talks?

Zardnaar

Legend

Why bother he already his his own billion dollar franchise?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases