• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Mike Mearls Dungeons & Dragons 5e interview, 6/26/14

Remathilis

Legend
This is the kind of derailing that I like

And now, a post about hobgoblin fighters.

rage-bigstock-300x264.jpg

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I watched the entire thing. People need to put the frogs down. Pretty sure that sound means that the frog doesn't like being touched.

I turned it on, let it play, and walked away for a minute. My wife came home to the sound of screaming.

Thaumaturge.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
This makes me very sad, so the only choices for a sorcerer are going to be overpowering monstrous flavour (with hopefully non intrusive mechanics) or negligible flavour with highly intrusive mechanics.

Well, there's going to be SOME sorcerer archetypes not served in the PHB. What was the archetype you were hoping to play?

What happened to simple flavour with simple mechanics? Why do I have to be forced to play an extra minigame just because I don't like wizards?

(a) nothing.

(b) You don't?

If what you want out of a sorcerer is "just like a wizard, but with the spells known pool limited and innate, and the spells/day pool jacked up," then this could be achievable from a LOT of different angles that are not necessarily "Be a Sorcerer."

I'd start with the Wizard class, and modify it to have something other than a spellbook. That should be pretty easy to do.

Agamon

Adventurer
Don't forget, the Player's Handbook must be everything for everyone all the time.

Except me. I can't be half-thri-kreen. I may need to turn my back on this game for good.

Remove ads