• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E Monster Mayhem: A Little Too Familiar (IC)

EarlyBird

Villager
Gob thought he might be going a little daft, at the sight of the two birds staring at the group. But when revor moved towards them, he figures that he saw their odd behavior to. "Oi! Looks see," he says to the others pointing towards the trees.
 

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
The owl cocks its head to one side, then gracefully swoops down toward Trevor. It grasps a hold of his forewarm with sharp talons, sinking them deep into his skin as it settles in. It turns to face Trevor, ruffles its feathers, then remains still.

OOC: Trevor, take (1d4-1) [1] damage.


At the sudden movement from both its neighbor on the branch and Gob's exclamation, the raven caws and takes flight.
 
Last edited:

Mike291

Villager
Dangar would be alerted by the owl comming down. Seeing the Raven attempting to fly away Dangar will try an cast Command to have him return to Wendel's shoulder. Wis save DC 12.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
”Look, we’ve got the first animal already!” Olliver says with a wink to Wendel. ”We’ve got this.”

Then the halfling starts whistling a tune with animal noises in it, which he knows does nothing to attract the raven but Olliver is certain will comfort the gnome into thinking the bard is very competent at these things.
 

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
GM: Dangar: These are not trained animals, and the raven “doesn’t understand your language” (per the spell description). You can save your spell. Or, you can still cast it, and if the raven fails the save I will give advantage to the next Animal Handling check.

Olliver: Animal Handling (Wisdom) anyway!

Also, the first one’s not technically “caught,” yet. The owl still needs to get back to its cage...


As the focus turns to the birds in the tree, Janus moves up to the door and grasps the doorknob as Wendel backs away. He slowly opens the door.

The room is circular, about forty feet in diameter, with a central stone axle ten feet wide. It looks to be half-workshop and half-living space. Books piled high on top of chairs, some collapsed and strewn across the floor. Glassware filled with various liquids and powders cover every inch of the surface of one long table, with the contents of a couple overturned beakers spilled onto the floor.

Four large windows are equally spaced along the wall, the furthest one broken with shards of glass scattered along the sill. Papers flutter in the slightest from the window, with open boxes, assorted clothing, cooking utensils, and arcane equipment tossed about.

Wendel’s jaw drops as he stares openly at the utter disarray.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Gob takes in the cluttered room and rubs a finger across his chin. "I hope these critters ain't all flown the coop," he says pointing towards the broken window. "Better cover that up till we know for sure."

With that he looks for something in the room they could use to block the broken window.

OOC:
Perception [roll0]
Investigation [roll1]
 

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
After taking flight, the raven wheels at Olliver’s whistle, reinforced by Dangar’s arcane whispers. Surprisingly, the raven alights on Olliver’s shoulder and cocks its head. It takes a couple hops and stares at him intently, opening and closing its beak, as if asking for something.

Gob and Janus enter the tower. Janus begins slowly circling the room, carefully uncovering rubbage and moving furniture out of the way. Gob finds a torn piece of curtain that looks to have been ripped off the rod. With Janus’ help, the two manage to fasten it into place, covering up most of the window.

GM: Perception checks, everyone, upon entering the room. Also, if you are going to search anything specific, Investigation check.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"There that alt'ta hold," the halfling says after securing the window. Dusting off his hands a bit, he looks around...

Perception: [roll0]

"Wonder where all these critters be hinding?"
he asks nobody out loud.

Investigation: [roll1] walls looking for mouse holes and such.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Food, it wants food," Olliver says quickly, hiding his great surprise that the raven decided to land on his shoulder. The halfling motions to Wendel to pass him some morsels to feed the bird.

"And someone grab it before it decides to feast on my eyes, please."

OOC: Not inside yet, but as soon as the raven is caught Olliver will enter the building. Perception: [roll0]
 

Advertisement

Top