D&D 5E (More) ruminations on the future of D&D

Yeah, I agree, although I do wonder about generational differences. I was gifted a set of hardcover AD&D books back in the early 80s when I was maybe 9 or 10 years old and remember diving deep into them, reading to all hours of the night - just loving the world I had discovered. But I wasn't raised in a culture in which I could simply turn on and tune in, pick up a joystick (or whatever) and be instantly entertained. In other words, the learning curve is different now - there are more competing distractions. So it goes beyond merely gifting but also teaching, and then it is a time issue.
If a kid likes a book they will spend hours reading and re-reading it. Kids still love books, especially ones 6-10. Around 11 or 12 they start getting "too cool" for books, but that's not really the market we're aiming for anyway.

As for just turn on, tune in, pick up a joystick... that describes every generation since the Atari system was released. The internet and PlayStation 1 didn't prevent 3rd Edition from becoming a huge hit.

Kids have endless attention spans for what interests them. You just have to look at some Minecraft creations to see that. If you hand them a book of monsters with cool stories and neat powers and they will devour that for days.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But it won't be easy. No matter how you look at it, getting kids who were born in the late 90s and 00s into D&D will be difficult. They've grown up with entertainment at the push of a button, with imagination an endangered commodity. D&D could be a panacea for that, part of a revival of the imagination. Or it could simply be a lost cause, an artifact of a bygone era. I certainly hope more towards the former but I have my doubts.

Quite frankly, your painting them as having imagination as an endangered commodity is part of your (and the) problem. It presents a fundamental misunderstading of youth, I think.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, stops kids from using their imaginations. Video games don't stop it. Movies and TV don't stop it. Kids are, by their construction and developing nature, imagination machines. They don't stop imagining because you give them content. They simply wrap their imaginations *around* that content. In that sense, D&D is just content (rules, settings, monsters) that helps generate more content (characters, stories).

Getting to kids today is not difficult because they aren't used to imagination. It is difficult due to the vast array of content and activities available to them. Simply put, D&D has more competition than it did in the 70s and 80s. Kids have more opportunity to find things that are exactly what suits them.

BryonD

Hero
I think the "greying" issue can be viewed inaccurately.
While most of the 1980s "kids" who played have moved on, there are still a lot more in the 40s to 60s crowd "still playing" then there were players in that age range back then. (Not at all saying it was close to zero then).

So the overall market is "greying" . This doesn't mean that kids are not still coming into the hobby. I doubt the rate is quite the same simply because there are more alternatives.

I also think there is an issue with the whole MMO things because both sides seem to spin the information in a way that doesn't work out. Clearly, WotC was looking to grow their D&D fan base by looking at the vast number of people pretending to be an elf in WOW. This may be a good aspiration, but it was deeply flawed to think that a person eager to engage virtual empowerment in a quasi-anonymous environment would be at all interested in playing make believe around a table. Obviously some fraction would, but I believe that fraction was no different than it always has been. In other words, the great, majority of their fanbase from MMOs was ALREADY in their fan base. I'm sure there are exceptions, there are always people who have slipped through the cracks and "discover" the hobby later in life. Some WOW players almost certainly came into the hobby. But the numbers were not meaningful to the totals. The portion of the population playing TTRPGs hasn't changed. (and won't short term)

But it did create an expectation that some people still cling to.
It also created some perception that D&D was "becoming WOW", which IMO is also completely unfiar. But there you have it.

I agree that a strongly successful D&D brand would be some a clear net positive for the hobby. But not all that much. In the end the "flop" of 4E didn't kill the hobby. It didn't come close. If WotC and Paixzo both closed shop tomorrow there would be chaos in our little teapot. It would be a weird year or two. And then we would all* be playing old school and new games. (* - "all" equals about the same number with some losses and some off-setting gains)

5E is clearly a huge event at launch. So was 4E. Speculation is pretty much useless (though fun :) ).
Ask again in 30 months

Mercurius

Legend
Wow, are we having a non-linear conversation or what? I wonder about the nature of this 'wall' around the hobby /that you brought up/ and how it's clearly been up since the end of the fad in the 80s, and all you an focus on is the last 6 years and trying to get back offended players with the fiction of a 'simple' (actually just familiar) game? The 'high wall around the hobby' is not keeping Pathfinder or AD&D fans out, it's keeping /new/ fans out. Appealing to grognards is not the solution - it may well be part of the problem.

Tony, I'm not only focusing on the last six years - I think that is your "4E defense mode hackles" getting up. But I do think that where the larger challenge has always been how to get new players coming in, over the last six years a new problem has arose: how to get old players back. Whether you like it or not, 4E did distance a lot of folks, and a major part of the 5E strategy was to get at least some of them back.

"We seem to have had trouble getting new players for the past 30 years."

"That's terrible, it must all be due to something we did 6 years ago, lets try to get old players back!"

Again, they are two separate issues - see above.

That's not much of an alternative. We've got a hobby that was briefly huge, then turned insular with that 'high wall' you mentioned. D&Ders didn't just stop making new friends in 1987. And the game, itself, didn't change much for 20 years, then took on a distinct 'system mastery rewarding' character. I think tradition and elitism account for a lot of the stones in that wall around the hobby.

I'm reading between the lines here and it is my sense that you are basically saying, "4E was the best chance D&D had to reach a larger market but the grognards and traditionalists ruined it." :]

Those last two are pretty nearly mutually exclusive. The things that make the game familiar and 'really D&D' to us old-timers (and lapsed players) make it weird and less-approachable to new players (old or young). The /attitudes/ of grognards don't help, either.

I don't disagree about the attitudes, but think you are making a false equation there and don't think the two are mutually exclusive. The traditional qualities of D&D don't inherently make it unapproachable to new players. Maybe some of the really weird gygaxisms do, but since 2E came out they tend to be rather buried. But when I skim through the 5E PHB, which has a more traditional vibe than 4E, I don't see a lot that is overly weird or unapproachable to new players.

I'm going to be doing my bit to be the change I want to see in the game and make the effort to give new players at Encounters and conventions the best play experiences possible, in spite of the system, itself. But that's just me.

Nice, glad to hear it!

That's about as positive a spin as you can put on "give up on an IP but, let it slide for a while instead of shelving it outright." Frankly, between the tanking of Essentials and the announcement of 'Next' shelving still seemed like a very real worry. In retrospect, it seems, the transition was about adjusting the franchise to a much lower level of investment. You can get acceptable RoI with big investments and huge growth, or by slashing costs and divesting. 5e looks like the latter - much less risky, so we can at least not worry about the franchise being shelved right away.

Yeah, I think you're right about lower level of investment. If anything, this might be the main source of nerdrage (or grograge) - people saying they love 5E but wish WotC was investing more into it.

However this hobby is simply not for everyone, it takes time, education ,social skills. math skills and an interest in acting and imagination however tepid. This combination isn't common. Why in the were so many causal gamers in the 80's to early 90's is simple, there was no internet, no Netflix, fewer computer and video game and simply many less entertainment choices. Thus people who might have a strong interest are still interested (in fact we probably get more of them) but the casual gamers just aren't there as much.

Yeah, I think this is basically right. It also speaks a bit to the dumbing down of our culture, especially with regards to imagination. We're a quick-fix culture and like everything fed to us. D&D requires actual work.

To counterpoint the OP...

The Industry's problem isn't, and never has been, that the hobby is "Greying" or that it new generations aren't interested. The Industry's problem has always been the Myths it constructs to explain its inability to advance beyond a business model that quite frankly sucked in the 70's and hasn't improved.

The Industry generally claims that the reason board games and RPG's fell out of favor was because of video games. The problem with this assertion is that it assumes that video games are some kind of unbeatable product that people are drawn to. Video games are what people are having fun playing, the reason board games and RPG's fell out of favor is because people weren't having fun playing them. It's really that simple, if a person enjoys something, they'll spend time doing it. If they don't enjoy it, they won't.

This, I think, is a bit of an oversimplification. I think it is less about what is more or less enjoyable, and more about what is easier to get into. I've said before that the difference between a video game and an RPG is similar to the difference between a movie and a book. People don't watch movies over reading books because movies are more enjoyable, but because they're easier - they're quick and require little from you, other than just sitting there. A book requires a kind of focus, attention, and patience. It also requires one's imagination to fire.

D&D, and to a lesser extent board games, have a number of impediments that impact enjoyment.

-For RPG's there's a *major* hurdle in learning the game. To play the game, with just core books, you're talking several hundred pages at a minimum. With accessories, you're talking thousands of pages. Starting in the late 90's, people's time spent on reading decreased significantly enough that the bookstore industry pretty much died. If people aren't reading books as much as they used to, and your product requires people to read many books, there's a correlation there. Nevermind the issues with memorizing all of those rules.

I agree, yeah, this is a big one.

-For both RPG's and board games there's a state issue. Saving the state of the game is challenging when compared to video games. If you're playing a video game, you click a button and your game state is stored. If you're playing at a table you have to write down the state of all of the characters and adventure, or cover the game pieces with boxes and hope no one jostles the table.

This seems relatively minor.

-There's also the movement away from quality retail adventures. If you're time limited, or imagination limited, without good pre-written adventures you simply are not a player. These people don't have time or imagination to come up with a coherent and cohesive campaign. A whole section of the market is lost. It's really another Industry Myth, "DM products don't sell as well as Player products", except without good DM products that enable fast play, you don't have those players.

I agree and would add campaign settings--in all shapes and sizes, from whole worlds to sandboxes to locations. This is also why I'm a bit concerned with Mearls saying that no Forgotten Realms book is in the works, not because I'm particularly attached to the Realms but because I'm worried that they won't produce setting material at all, or only minimally.

I think setting material, like Dragon magazine actually, is a bit of a loss leader - not that you can't make a setting book profitable, but that sales figures don't really adequately reflect its benefits to the game as a whole. See Golarion, for instance. I have no idea if the setting books make Paizo money, but I do think they strengthen Pathfinder as a whole - they give it a home.

This can easily be seen to be the case once one reflects on Magic the Gathering.... people play Mtg and not D&D. Because you don't need the same time investment to play casually.

So this should be a question WotC is asking: How to create venues for people to play D&D casually, but without taking away anything from the game itself?

The solution to the Industry's problems has always been: Virtual Tabletop. Abstract away the "Behind the scenes" math of mechanics, substantially reducing the "Reading footprint" and allow for fast play and game state preservation. The things that make video games so attractive are easily adapted by the RPG and Board Game markets. These games now and always will have a significant knowledge requirement in order to play, but simply making use of computer technology can remove substantial amounts of that barrier to entry that makes it so unattractive. If I had a viable VT, I don't need to know what the equations are for Grapple, all I need to know is that it exists, and a touch interface implementation could even remind me I have that option.

I hear you and agree to some extent, as long as the virtual stuff doesn't take away from the imaginative experience, because then you're in danger of losing sight of what makes RPGs unique. In other words, use virtual stuff as augmentation and supplementation but not as a replacement.

The truth is: World of Warcraft is identical in complexity to Dungeons & Dragons, the only difference is that WoW abstracts away all of the "Nuts and bolts" of gameplay so that the Player doesn't need to know how to calculate his chances of hitting a goat, he just has to click a button, while D&D forces you to memorize: Strength bonus, character level's To Hit value, magic item bonuses, magic spell bonuses, target's AC, etc, etc. They're basically the same system, except one abstracts away the learning curve and has millions of players, the other doesn't and has only hundreds of thousands. Board games suffer similiarly, if you want to play Axis & Allies you have to memorize blitzing rules, what counts as a move for a plane, etc.

You're missing the most important difference between the two: One employs the imagination while the other doesn't. And that makes all the difference in the world.

I'm not entirely sure there is a huge digital divide issue keeping people from gaming, at least in my experience e. Our entire group has laptops, smart phones, tablets and similar tech and they get little use. Oh one player tends to prefer a die roller when she isn't engaged with the game. Big deal.

SNIP

Nice post - and, with the part I snipped, a better response to Rygar than mine, I think.

Also as to the assertion that it threw up walls, I don't think so. TTRPG's are a inherently self limiting hobby combining as one wag put it "double entry bookkeeping, improv theater, and wargaming" oh and the DM needs to be into creative writing too. Not many people out there like that and of the ones who might have given it a go one boring summer, the kind that the hobby doesn't click for but need something to do, they don't need D&D in 2014 We could get more of then to give it a whirl but they aren't going to support the hobby and what is being done now with Basic DD&D (and the PFSRD and more) free is I think the best approach. 1st hit is free and if it clicks, welcome aboard. We really can't do more.

OK, I think you emphasize an important point and perhaps why we shouldn't hope for more than a solid, sustainable level for the hobby. And perhaps that is what Mearls & Co are doing, no more or less.

On the contrary, I think D&D is more popular than you would think by reading forums. Far more people play D&D as a casual activity among friends, in their homes, than the community who talk about RPGs on forums or attend organized events. It's the hardcores who post on forums about class balance, tweets by Mearls, and edition wars who represent the small but vocal minority.

Yes, understood. I think you have two general player groups, "serious-to-diehard" people who are lifers, buy tons of books, and many of whom participate on forums, and then the "casual players" who might buy one or two books, but generally just show up to roll dice. Of course it is more of a spectrum, but I'm guessing that for everyone one serious-to-diehard player there are quite a few casual players.

It's true that attrition is relentless. Which is one the reasons those who think in terms of a zero-sum struggle between 4E and Pathfinder or 5E and Pathfinder can't see the forest for the trees. If the D&D market consisted only (or even mostly) of long-time players, it would have dwindled away to almost nothing by now as attrition took its relentless toll. Every year, thousands of newcomers play D&D. With every new edition, tens of thousands play for the first time. And the new players tend to be young, as attested by Mearls comments about gearing the campaign length to a college year.

In the above formulation, of those thousands of newcomers per year, how many become serious/diehard players? It seems that the hobby and industry thrives depending upon that (which is also why WotC focused so much on pleasing the long-term fans with 5E, I think).

Does that mean 5E will bring in a new golden age of D&D? I doubt it. But I think it will gain traction with the casual gamer market who brought in a golden age of boardgames. And it will also be more appealing to lapsed gamers from the last golden age, who don't have the time or energy to run rules-heavy or detailed combat sims, than either 3E or 4E. Those two markets - the casual boardgamer and the lapsed D&D player - are not at all incompatible. And they're the two groups where the growth will come from, not from competing with Pathfinder over the hardcores.

And perhaps this is all we can hope for.

ThirdWizard

First Post
This topic confuses me. Board gaming has never been as popular as it is today. I see a constant swarm of new players approaching roleplaying games, and indeed a vast array not only of options as far as roleplaying game systems, but a breadth of options as far as what encompasses tabletop roleplaying. I would venture to say that there are far more people playing roleplaying games now than there were in the '80s. Indeed, the explosion of online roleplaying itself probably far exceeds all of the '80s by itself.

Sure, D&D might not have been the major player in roleplaying over the past half decade, but that is hardly indicative of roleplaying itself.

I just have no idea what people are talking about here. This is a golden age. What made the '80s so much better except for nostalgia?

This topic confuses me. Board gaming has never been as popular as it is today. I see a constant swarm of new players approaching roleplaying games, and indeed a vast array not only of options as far as roleplaying game systems, but a breadth of options as far as what encompasses tabletop roleplaying. I would venture to say that there are far more people playing roleplaying games now than there were in the '80s. Indeed, the explosion of online roleplaying itself probably far exceeds all of the '80s by itself.

Sure, D&D might not have been the major player in roleplaying over the past half decade, but that is hardly indicative of roleplaying itself.

I just have no idea what people are talking about here. This is a golden age. What made the '80s so much better except for nostalgia?

If we're talking about tabletop roleplaying games, there most certainly are not more people playing today than during the peak of the fad in the 80s. B/X D&D and AD&D books sold in the millions. Pathfinder (the top dog today) sells in the hundreds of thousands. Historically, D&D outsells all other tabletop RPGs combined (most of which are fortunate to sell 3,000 or 4,000 copies these days). Industry insider themselves have commented that the industry is, at best, stagnant.

In my Jr High school in the early 80s, 10 or 15 kids in my grade alone played D&D. Several kids on my street played. Every high school and college had active D&D clubs. The only thing I can see today among my kids and their friends that approaches the popularity of D&D in its heyday is Minecraft. Tabletop RPGs today aren't anywhere close to Minecraft in popularity.

Last edited:

ThirdWizard

First Post
If we're talking about tabletop roleplaying games, there most certainly are not more people playing today than during the peak of the fad in the 80s. B/X D&D and AD&D books sold in the millions. Pathfinder (the top dog today) sells in the hundreds of thousands. Historically, D&D outsells all other tabletop RPGs combined (most of which are fortunate to sell 3,000 or 4,000 copies). Industry insider themselves have commented that the industry is, at best, stagnant.

In my Jr High school in the early 80s, 10 or 15 kids in my grade alone played D&D. Several kids on my street played. The only thing I can see today among my kids and their friends that approaches the popularity of D&D in its heyday is Minecraft. Tabletop RPGs today aren't anywhere close to Minecraft in popularity.

So are we talking about the industry then? Because there are a lot of free options that people are taking advantage of, including lots of story games and less strictly gamist rules that most ENWorlders would really reference. There are definitely millions of roleplayers out there. I don't see how that can be denied.

Mercurius

Legend
If a kid likes a book they will spend hours reading and re-reading it. Kids still love books, especially ones 6-10. Around 11 or 12 they start getting "too cool" for books, but that's not really the market we're aiming for anyway.

"Too cool" for books? Phaw! I remember ignoring my friends' calls during the summers of high school so I could read novel after novel.

On the other hand, I think 12 is the age RPGs are geared out, it is the "golden age of scifi" after all, at least for boys and hopefully girls if they don't get pulled into web of tweening.

As for just turn on, tune in, pick up a joystick... that describes every generation since the Atari system was released. The internet and PlayStation 1 didn't prevent 3rd Edition from becoming a huge hit.

Yeah, but I think it is more integrated into the younger generations.

Kids have endless attention spans for what interests them. You just have to look at some Minecraft creations to see that. If you hand them a book of monsters with cool stories and neat powers and they will devour that for days.

I hope so!

Quite frankly, your painting them as having imagination as an endangered commodity is part of your (and the) problem. It presents a fundamental misunderstading of youth, I think.

Or a misunderstanding in what I was saying or at least meant to say! :p

Nobody, and I mean nobody, stops kids from using their imaginations. Video games don't stop it. Movies and TV don't stop it. Kids are, by their construction and developing nature, imagination machines. They don't stop imagining because you give them content. They simply wrap their imaginations *around* that content. In that sense, D&D is just content (rules, settings, monsters) that helps generate more content (characters, stories).

I somewhat agree with you, certainly with the idea that kids are naturally imaginative, that they crave imaginative experience. But I think imagination can be stifled and the pre-generated content can, if not "stop" the free flow of imagination, it can fill it and thereby give easier forms to attach onto.

Here's an easy example. If you watch Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movies before reading the books, if and when you read the books it will be hard not to imagine Viggo Mortenson as Aragorn. Yet if you read the books first, your imagination is free to come up with your own image.

D&D content is less specific, less domineering than movies and video games if only because it is largely in text and secondarily in static images. Or compare Tolkien's evocative, but very sparse, description of the Balrog to what Peter Jackson presented. Jackson showed you what to imagine; in truth, he gave you the image so all your imagination has to do is recall the image, while Tolkien gave seeds from which your imagination can grow its own forms.

Getting to kids today is not difficult because they aren't used to imagination. It is difficult due to the vast array of content and activities available to them. Simply put, D&D has more competition than it did in the 70s and 80s. Kids have more opportunity to find things that are exactly what suits them.

I hear what you are saying but again, I think there is a further differentiation; it isn't just "horizontal diversity" (options), it is also "vertical depth" (the degree to which those options tickle or inspire the child's own imaginative juices.

I think the "greying" issue can be viewed inaccurately. While most of the 1980s "kids" who played have moved on, there are still a lot more in the 40s to 60s crowd "still playing" then there were players in that age range back then. (Not at all saying it was close to zero then).

So the overall market is "greying" . This doesn't mean that kids are not still coming into the hobby. I doubt the rate is quite the same simply because there are more alternatives.

Yes, I think your perspective is accurate, although the whole notion of a "greying market" means that the bulk of players, the "center of gravity" if you will, is aging. That is all well and good. But the big question is what the ratio is between new players coming in and old players dropping out.

We won't have to worry about it for another 20-30 years, and who knows what the RPG market (and world!) will look like then, but when Gen Xers start dying off in larger numbers. I just don't see as large a group of players in Gen Y. "Gen Z" would be those kids born in the 21st century, and this is the group that is just coming of age to play D&D.

I also think there is an issue with the whole MMO things because both sides seem to spin the information in a way that doesn't work out. Clearly, WotC was looking to grow their D&D fan base by looking at the vast number of people pretending to be an elf in WOW. This may be a good aspiration, but it was deeply flawed to think that a person eager to engage virtual empowerment in a quasi-anonymous environment would be at all interested in playing make believe around a table. Obviously some fraction would, but I believe that fraction was no different than it always has been. In other words, the great, majority of their fanbase from MMOs was ALREADY in their fan base. I'm sure there are exceptions, there are always people who have slipped through the cracks and "discover" the hobby later in life. Some WOW players almost certainly came into the hobby. But the numbers were not meaningful to the totals. The portion of the population playing TTRPGs hasn't changed. (and won't short term)

Some might take issue with this, but I think another way to describe the difference between MMOs and TTRPGs is that the former are more akin to mass media, while the latter is more of a refined taste. Think pop music vs. jazz (or perhaps compare commercial smooth jazz to more avant garde stuff). There's always going to be a kind of pyramid, with fewer people enjoying the more refined stuff.

I agree that a strongly successful D&D brand would be some a clear net positive for the hobby. But not all that much. In the end the "flop" of 4E didn't kill the hobby. It didn't come close. If WotC and Paixzo both closed shop tomorrow there would be chaos in our little teapot. It would be a weird year or two. And then we would all* be playing old school and new games. (* - "all" equals about the same number with some losses and some off-setting gains)

I think what you point out here is that core fan base is pretty diehard, and not just "lifestyle gamers" with dedicated game rooms, but also folks who might not even be actively playing but love RPGs and buy books to read and maybe play at some point.

I was showing a good friend my new home den and he noticed the rather large bookshelf and a half of RPG books, maybe about 500 items in total. He asked a question that I had a hard time answering: "Do you use all of these to play?"

5E is clearly a huge event at launch. So was 4E. Speculation is pretty much useless (though fun :) )
Ask again in 30 months

I probably will! Although it might be more like six months and then twelve, then 30...

By "online roleplaying" are you talking about MMOs or play-by-post? Because I wouldn't include the former in what we're talking about, which is "tabletop RPGs."

Anyhow, I think you're right that the hobby is far more diversified now, with a wealth of options - games of anything you could possible imagine. This is partially due to the "Indie Revolution" of the last 15-20 years. But in terms of total number of people playing tabletop RPGs? The early to mid 80s still represents the high water mark, when D&D was not only a household name but in many, if not most, middle class American (white) homes.

I do think nostalgia has a lot to do with it, at least for myself. But again, we're talking about total numbers. I don't think the rumors can really be backed up, but allegedly there were about 20 million D&D players at the high point in the 80s, which dwindled down to 5-6 million by the late 90s, according to a Ryan Dancey survey. I remember reading an article from the early 00s that said there were 3-4 million D&D players.

Now? Who knows. But I'm fairly certain there aren't 20 million.

"Too cool" for books? Phaw! I remember ignoring my friends' calls during the summers of high school so I could read novel after novel.

On the other hand, I think 12 is the age RPGs are geared out, it is the "golden age of scifi" after all, at least for boys and hopefully girls if they don't get pulled into web of tweening.
Younger kids love books. It's amazing to watch little kids (6, 7, and 8) scramble for books they enjoy, both information and story.
After that, you get the split between the good readers and the bad readers, with the latter ceasing to read because it's difficult. But most kids still read.
When you get to that 10, 11, 12 range you get the readers and the non-readers. Some kids stick with the reading and move onto larger books like Harry Potter or Percy Jackson or even the Hunger Games. Others just stop. Much of it depends on their friends and classrooms. If their friends are all into a series, they'll be into a series.

But D&D is likely to target the big readers anyway.

Yeah, but I think it is more integrated into the younger generations.
It's more omnipresent. Rather than just some kids having access to the virtual entertainment, all kids have access via PCs or consoles or mobile devices.
But compared to the kid who had an NES or PC the distraction is just as great as the current kid who has a smartphone. Possibly less so as the time required to play through a classic NES game (Dragon Slayer, Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy) is so much longer than a lot of current games.

So are we talking about the industry then? Because there are a lot of free options that people are taking advantage of, including lots of story games and less strictly gamist rules that most ENWorlders would really reference. There are definitely millions of roleplayers out there. I don't see how that can be denied.

Hang on - so you're claiming millions of people play free story RPGs. Millions. Okay. If you say so.

Last edited:

Remove ads