• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MutantHigh Episode2: Russians and Fishmen?!

Radiant

First Post
January.12.2004
the beach halfway from Haven to the city
18:13
The doors burst under the force of Katie's power. Behind it you see a lot of controls and cumputer with a big glasslike tank in the middle.
Patriot is still stuck in the jeep and fires on the soldiers.
They've got some kind of mutant caught in there but forget that, get out of here. Lukor is too dangerous, run I will hold them of.
Jack notices that Patriot has no idea how he should manage to actually survie this alone but he's not ready to risk the life of too kids against trained soldiers.
The slimcube in the drivers cabin vibrates a bit but otherwise holds.

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
January.12.2004

Patriot's fear terrifies Katie right down to the smallest bone in her body, but she pushes it aside when he speaks about someone being trapped. It was as if her own worst fears had come to light in this captured mutant.

Leaping into the truck, she immediately interfaces with all the controls in the truck, learning what they're used for, and how to safely release the mutant from their grasp. If there is any offensive power to link to, she'll use it.

"Cover me, Jack! Just not with slime, okay?"

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Jack flinches at the movement in front, and just to be sure, he creates some more ectoplasmic walls around the cabin (one between the cabin and the strange device, and three more outside)
I think we've got this Lukor fella contained for now, Patriot. Katie, can you hack that thing?

Shalimar

First Post
"Oops." she mutters at having botched the name, That was kind of rude, what does being on time have to do with flying, I am on time, precisely when I meant to return, just not exactly when they thought I would, she thinks to herself. Her eyes widen as she sees first feet, then legs, and then finally all of the good doctor, as she floats down to her level. "Nifty." she comments.

She cringes at being called miss Prifty, her body shuddering a little from the fear that her family name might somehow summon him, even here. "Can you...can you not call me that, please?" there is a slight quiver in her voice as she asks, she continues on, sounding rather subdued, "Joey was teaching me how to drive, since I never learned, before, I mean, and you said you could make a licsense for me, now that he says I am doing good with it. So, can you?"

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
January.12.2004
Ectoplasmic walls appear around the truck and no more gunfire reaches them. There is a sound like a pack of jelly that falls to the ground as Lukor finally frees himself but he is held of by the next wall of slime.
The trucks computer is secured with one of the most advanced security programms available but for Katie it might as well have said "press any key to continue" then it asked the password. She gains access and the glassbarries begins to slide down, the water flowing to its sides and running through the truck soaking your shoes. After it is down a full meter a figure jumps out of it. It is blue and hunched, with a carapace (yep it's one of the fishmen from earlier). It looks around frantically and then runs for the exit, dodging around Katie and Jack.

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Shalimar said:

She cringes at being called miss Prifty, her body shuddering a little from the fear that her family name might somehow summon him, even here. "Can you...can you not call me that, please?" there is a slight quiver in her voice as she asks, she continues on, sounding rather subdued, "Joey was teaching me how to drive, since I never learned, before, I mean, and you said you could make a licsense for me, now that he says I am doing good with it. So, can you?"

"I can do that, but I do think you should have more than one day of driving lessons before that."
She sighs.
"Very well, I could tell you something about how bad it is to fear your own name or something like that but the fact is that neither me nor my associates use or real names anymore. "
She begins to lead Eris upward again and smiles encourageingly.
"This is not the most pleasant place to talk. If it makes you feel better you can take any name you like, we will create a new ID for you and Mr Lee aniway to make sure no agencies of the US can track you here."

KitanaVorr

First Post
January.12.2004

Katie is struck slightly speechless, never having seen a mutant who wasn't almost wholly human before. Coming to her senses, she nudges Jack. "Can you communicate with her...um...him..."

From within the protective slime walls - Katie reaches out and concentrates to pull the weapons from the men's hands and throw them into the ocean.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
"I...I like my name, its just my last name that I want to... to change." Eris answered the older woman defensively, "Thats what they always called me...in there...whenever they would come into my room and hurt me." she said as a tear makes its way down her face, followed swiftly by more, whether they are from anger, saddness or fear isn't exactly clear to anyone, to Eris least of all. "I just don't want to be called that is all, ok?"

She began to follow the doctor, not really noticing where she was led. "They... they didn't all hit me you know, at least Ben didn't, he was awfully nice to me, but that was probably cause of my pheromones making him want me."

Tokiwong

First Post
Joey lounges on the ground before, he makes his way to the gym, to get some more working out in, no need to be idle all night, and with his homework done, not much else to do anyways, I got school tommorow too, damn this is going to be a long year... but I think Katie is going to be teaching one of my classes.

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Jack reaches out to the creature's mind.
It wants to get back to the sea, I think.
As he transmits peaceful thoughts, he tries to determine the safest place to open a hole in the walls surrounding the truck.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads