• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"My name is John Crichton... I hunt Goa'uld."

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
If that the way of a gesture of kindness from Sci Fic to the fans...

Appeasement is the word I am looking for...sorry, that will not work with me.

Bring back Farscape with Ben and crew and lets talk, quality time.

Beat you with the news post! :p

I think this could be interesting. It IS nice to know that SG-1 will be around another season. Hopefully RDA will stay, even if only in the 'distant General' role its nice to have him around.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
It took a few years, but I finally grokked Stargate. In my own humble opinion, they should have put Browder into Atlantis rather than SG-1. Had they done that, he would get to stick around for a while longer, as next season will likely be the final season of SG-1. Of course there's nothing saying that they can't move him to Atlantis later, but to do that, they'll first have to solve the problem of not being able to get back to Earth, and that would ruin much of the tension of this series.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Beat you with the news post! :p

I think this could be interesting. It IS nice to know that SG-1 will be around another season. Hopefully RDA will stay, even if only in the 'distant General' role its nice to have him around.
Hey, I am not a news hogger ;)...hehehe, (using a browser that allows me to view up to 10 sources or more in one page, is great) but any...if Ben can pull the crowd, maybe.

takyris

First Post
Huh. I dunno. Could work well, but the personality-aspects of Browder that I most enjoy -- the ranting, crazy, pop-culture-reference-making type -- don't seem to jive well with Stargate.

We'll see, I reckon.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Whisperfoot said:
It took a few years, but I finally grokked Stargate. In my own humble opinion, they should have put Browder into Atlantis rather than SG-1. Had they done that, he would get to stick around for a while longer, as next season will likely be the final season of SG-1. Of course there's nothing saying that they can't move him to Atlantis later, but to do that, they'll first have to solve the problem of not being able to get back to Earth, and that would ruin much of the tension of this series.
They intend to have contact with earth in 2 episodes later this season.

One is where the crew gets to send messages back to earth through the stargate.

And the other is the season finaly when they bring more military to altantis.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I'm torn. On the one hand I'm all: Frell Yeah! but on the other hand
I'm not sure I like the prospect of cast changes. Ben is such a strong
personality that he'll probably mess with the character dymanics. Maybe
it'll be a breath of fresh air, but it's dangerous this late in the game,
a brand new character for the final seasons, when we should be seeing
resolutions with the existing characters.

Still, if they were gonna bring in new characters, I'm extra super happy
they chose him.

I wonder if they have some special plan for the character, or if he's just
a replacement RDA, ala Jonas was for Daniel.

Also, if we're gettin' a 9th season, I hope we'll get a 10th as well. Just
because, well, it sounds kewler. Y'know. Ten seasons, rather than nine.

Last edited:

Belen

Adventurer
It would be a slap in the face to Carter if he was to replace RDA. More likely, he will take on Carter's old role and be the second in command of SG-1.

As for RDA, goodbye and so long. He is a mockery of a general and his acting has seriously gone down. I hope he leaves. His "sticking it to the man" comment at the end of the last season irked me to no end.

Remove ads