• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Wife Has Befriended a Tyrannosaurus Rex!

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I've gotta go with cleric. Give it the War and Strength domains, and let him proselytize hither and yon. What a riot!

I'd like to meet your wife! Going to GenCon next year?

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

Ah, this is great! Some really good ideas here folks!:) I wonder, what kind of religion should Alcibiades have? My wife's character is a female elf, and she is a very powerful Wizard 30/Wizard of The Silver Dragon 10. She is the next empress of the Vallorean Empire, being married to the Crown Prince, Haldainethor, who is a Paladin/Knight-Templar. She has access to incredible wealth, and it isn't improbable that she either has or can make books that increase stats by +5. (Those cool ones in the DMG.)

What kind of spiritual philosophy might Alcibiades the Tyrannosaurus Rex have? I wonder what kinds of goals and dreams would he have! Indeed, he can potentially train in any of several character classes, and I can definitely see him having his own opinions! He is used to being large and in charge, after all!:)

I'm thinking maybe a collar of resistance +5, and a ring of Regeneration for starters. Boots of some kind would be good, too. Damn, imagine some kind of enchanted barding!:) Vorpal teeth-fittings, Holy claw-guantlets for his large feet claws, gee, the possibilities just grow and grow! I can't help but thinking how he would also like some kind of inherent spell ability that would allow him to breath fire for example, beyond some kind of spell-casting abilities gained from a character class.

Alcibiades is shaping up to be a very interesting NPC! I can imagine some of his attitudes and feelings! I wonder how much food he would eat per day? Imagine what he would like to eat every day, too! Then, of course, she is also concerned about finding a wife for him, too!:) She wants him to be happy, after all!:)

My wife has spent time talking to him, and she considers his feelings and everything. It's hilarious just imagining her talking to this thing! She has already defended him from other party members who have looked on him in horror, and called him a "beast!"--she insists that he's not a beast, and he's nice!:) She's all concerned about him being cold, and getting sick, and she even let him sleep on the floor next to her bed in their Daern's Instant Fortress, with some blankets that she tucked him in with!:)

Very different indeed!:)

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

Hey Buttercup! That's some good ideas, too! Strength and War...hmmm...I like them! I can just imagine this Tyrannosaurus proselytizing those around him! LOL!:) Can you imagine debating such with a creature? Just hilarious!:)

Indeed, we will be going to the Gen Con in San Diego, California! It would be great to meet you Buttercup!:)

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Kyramus

First Post
(chuckles)
it's funny, after reading this thread I keep seeing a picture in my head.

T-rex sorcerer, with a monocle.
"Can you pass me that book? no not that one, the one beside it that says HOW TO COOK HUMAN."
Adjusts Monocle.
"Oh my bad, it's HOW TO LOOK HUMAN"

Or
T-REX Druid.
"Excuse me while I change into something more comfortable, this walking around is painful on the legs"
wild shapes into a roc.
"Ahh much better. what are you looking at? What do I have something on my face?"

Epametheus

First Post
Do you have psionics in your campaign? It could make a very good Egoist (Str-based psion) or psychic warrior...

After all, no one expects to be mind-blasted by a tyrannosaur.

They don't expect it's teeth to start dripping acid, either.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
sword-dancer said:
Be glad you didn`t use allosaurus.
These beast are greater and deadlier than a T-Rex.
The dinosaur geek just has to note:
The name Allosaurus refers to a genus consisting of three species: Allosaurus fragilis, Allosaurus atrox and Allosaurus amplexus, though the last is a controversial appelation. Both A. fragilis and A. atrox top out at less than 2 tons, while T. rex is more than 5 tons. T. rex did have smaller forearms, but its longer femur indicates a faster animal and its heavier skull indicates greater biting strength.

There are larger animals within the family Allosauridae, such as Chilantaisaurus tashuikouensis and Carcharodontosaurus saharicus, which are estimated at around 4 tons. Giganotosaurus carolini is the big one, which probably hit 8 tons, substantially larger than T. rex, though it would most likely have been slower and less powerful an animal. G. carolini was adapted for attacking and eating the large sauropods that thrived in its environment, while T. rex lived off the ceratosaurs -- much more difficult and dangerous prey to handle.

So I would certainly pick a T. rex as more dangerous than an Allosaurus, although there are allosaurids of greater size.

Oracular Vision

First Post
The Reduce spell says that weight, mass, and strength are affected, so you have to reduce its strength score and bonuses, though for some reason it keeps its hit points even though they were determined mostly by size (this makes no sense but that is what the spell says)

The creature also keeps its attacks bonuses minus the strenght reduction which for creatures is also a function of size

Again that makes no sense but that is what it says in the spell

Remove ads