D&D 5E Mythic Odysseys of Theros is the #1 D&D New Release

dave2008

Legend
Anyways the point of this thread was that some where saying D&D had peaked, but...
I hadn't heard that. Who was saying that? Someone here on these forums or an analyst or insider? I would think the fact that WotC just realesed all of their 2019 success marketing that it would indicate it is still on the rise. Though I image covid-19 might cause a downturn or flattening of the curve.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I hadn't heard that. Who was saying that? Someone here on these forums or an analyst or insider? I would think the fact that WotC just realesed all of their 2019 success marketing that it would indicate it is still on the rise. Though I image covid-19 might cause a downturn or flattening of the curve.
Anecdotal, but I could run a session every night of the week based on the number of people who have never played before but now want to due to the pandemic

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Is there a list that shows best sellers by total sales?

Because that is kind of useless doing it by the hour.
Total sales is kind of the Holy Grail we all want so we can stop arguing about what books are more popular, but we don't have any metric close to it.

gyor

Legend

Someone in these forums.

gyor

Legend
Right? Especially one with relatively broad appeal like this.

Also I'm kind of annoyed by this thread because it tricked me into think Theros was out or would be soon when in fact it's June 2nd.

Again I apologize, I wasn't trying to trick anyone, I should have thought about how it might be misconstrued.

gyor

Legend
I got Odyssey of the Dragonlords. There's no way this one is going to top that.

I LOVED Odyssey of the Dragonlord, but having read all the story stories and the novels for Theros, it might, although in a home game I would absolutely poach the best parts of both books, and Arkadia, plus the Old Empires (old FR book with simular flavour, Chessenta is FR's Greece, but with its own twists, and more diverse cultural influences).

Remove ads