D&D 5E Mythic Odysseys of Theros on DNDBeyhond

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Only if you zip through player options (my group is on their same characters from when we started 5e almost 6 years ago) or don't llike 3pp content. Personally I would have been fine with only the PHB options and everything else being 3PP.
Wow; excluding one-shots, my next character will be my 13th for a continuing campaign.

Weiley31

Legend
Are the Mythic Trait rules variable enough so that way you could include them on "boss" type enemies in the game, like say giving Cryovain, from Dragon of Icespire Castle, a Mythic trait to make him more boss like, or it just lists examples for just the three Mythic Monsters in Theros book?

dave2008

Legend
Are the Mythic Trait rules variable enough so that way you could include them on "boss" type enemies in the game, like say giving Cryovain, from Dragon of Icespire Castle, a Mythic trait to make him more boss like, or it just lists examples for just the three Mythic Monsters in Theros book?
There are just the examples in the book, but you can use the concept on other monsters if you want. It is a way to get a "boss" monster without using a higher CR monster.

There are just the examples in the book, but you can use the concept on other monsters if you want. It is a way to get a "boss" monster without using a higher CR monster.
Cue a multitude of low CRs with mythic traits. RIP adventurers.

Basically all you do to make a Mythic Trait is:

1. When the creature falls to 0 HP, it regains X amount of HP (and maybe tempory hit points too if you want).
  2. It gains access to 2-3 new legendary actions (called Mythic Actions) that are stronger than normal legendary actions (for example, a Claw legendary action becomes Swipe - two claw attacks instead of one).
  3. Something visually transforms during the encounter once this happens.
Easy!

Give the monster lair actions, normal legendary actions, and legendary resistance too, which is all pretty standard stuff.

darjr

I crit!
Also consider transformation too. Like the spider god bursting open with giant swarms of spiders pouring out. So now it’s a swarm or has allies.

darjr

I crit!
Oh and the general feature won’t be a secret to players, especially when they face these. The secret is out.

Remove ads