D&D General Theros Reforged

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'd probably just take a map of ancient Greece and the Mediterranean and use names as is, helps players visualise where they are, don't really see the need to change up the names. One cool thing about an ancient world campaign is that we already have myths and legends that give us monsters to throw into the setting.

I like the ascended Atlantean idea. The titans could be more primal deities and the ascended atlanteans have aspects of civilisation.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'd probably just take a map of ancient Greece and the Mediterranean and use names as is, helps players visualise where they are, don't really see the need to change up the names. One cool thing about an ancient world campaign is that we already have myths and legends that give us monsters to throw into the setting.

I like the ascended Atlantean idea. The titans could be more primal deities and the ascended atlanteans have aspects of civilisation.

I find drawing a map to replicate lots of islands hard so yeah thinking to just using Greece and rename it Hellas perhaps.

It's more similar in size to South Island a bit smaller.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I find drawing a map to replicate lots of islands hard so yeah thinking to just using Greece and rename it Hellas perhaps.

It's more similar in size to South Island a bit smaller.
Sometimes I zoom in on an area in NZ for a map, used Waiheke Island and the surrounding area once, makes things quick to get a map ready. Plenty of maps of the Aegean sea to use, does make things easier than drawing your own.

Zardnaar

Legend
Sometimes I zoom in on an area in NZ for a map, used Waiheke Island and the surrounding area once, makes things quick to get a map ready. Plenty of maps of the Aegean sea to use, does make things easier than drawing your own.

My cheat is mashing two RL islands together, turning something obscure upside down or what you've done.

GreyBeardDM

Explorer
Truth be told, I wouldn't mind combing both Theros and Odyssey of the Dragon Lords stuff together for 5E Greek mythology.

Also, I love the Player's Guide for it and I want to get the Raiders of the Serpent Sea players' guide too.
I have used some of the DMsGuild Theros stuff in our games, and occasionally lifted monsters from the Theros book.

I also added some of the cities in from this and the Arkadia books ( Arkadia - The Greek Setting for 5e - Arcana Games | Arkadia | DriveThruRPG.com ) to flesh out the Odyssey of the Dragonlords world.

I know the OP was looking for free stuff, but the Arkadia books, they also have a good lvl 1-5 adventure called Fate of the Oracle ( Fate of the Oracle - A Greek Adventure for 5e - Arcana Games | Arkadia | DriveThruRPG.com ) it is £8/$10

The fandom wikis could be useful.

The manganime Pygmalio is freely based in classic myths.

* You also could create new names using known names and these being translated to Latin and Greek.

Remove ads