D&D 5E Mythic Odysseys of Theros Reviews

Did you, or will you, buy Mythic Odysseys of Theros

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Redemption is an aura. In fact, it's the same ability as Crown, except as a larger range aura.
Oh wow, I just looked them up to see what they did, be nice if Crown had an update but I think I'm just going to have to sub in the redemption aura if anyone plays a crown paladin.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Redemption is an aura. In fact, it's the same ability as Crown, except as a larger range aura.
Okay. Thanks for the correction.

My point here is, it would fit the greek-hero theme better to have an aura that negatively effects enemies as opposed to an aura that positively effects allies.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
When I decide to buy an RPG book, I look at new mechanics, then lore, and distantly art. These books aren't cheap, and mechanics are the hardest thing to make on your own, so that part needs to be solid and reasonably plentiful to be worthwhile for me. At this point, not sure if MOoT makes the cut.

dave2008

Legend
When I decide to buy an RPG book, I look at new mechanics, then lore, and distantly art. These books aren't cheap, and mechanics are the hardest thing to make on your own, so that part needs to be solid and reasonably plentiful to be worthwhile for me. At this point, not sure if MOoT makes the cut.
I actually got it for the mechanics, but I am a DM not a player so the mechanical content I want is sometimes different.

ZeshinX

Adventurer
Definite pass for me. Not enough useful meat in it, mechanically, and the lore holds minimal interest (Greek mythology inspired content is cool, but just doesn't capture my interest enough).

Now if they give Kamigawa this kind of treatment with more significant mechanical support, they'd have my attention. Granted, I don't see them going near that setting again for a loooooong time given the recent kerfuffle about OA (and don't blame them).

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I’d put the priories nearly opposite that. I want some crunch, but I can get that on dndbeyond. Before dndbeyond I could fit it elsewhere. I don’t need a physical book at all for crunch.

But lore and art are what make a book worth sitting down with on a day off.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases