Need tv recommendations!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I tend to watch TV over breakfast. Usually I’ll work my way through a show one episode per day to start my day. In recent weeks/months I’ve been through Veep,The Good Place, Parks & Recreation, Upstart Crow, and Cobra Kai. Now I’m out!

Requirements —half hour or less; light drama or comedy (nothing heavy or requiring thought over breakfast). Nothing animated; for some reason I can’t watch cartoons. Dunno why!

Any ideas? What have you seen recently?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I can't remember if the episode are a half-hour or not (I think they are), but Ash vs. Evil Dead is a lot of fun (a tad gory, but I didn't think it was anything that'd ruin a viewer's appetite).

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Blackish is a good show- essentially a modern take on The Cosby Show. Mixed-ish is a show from the same creative staff, set in the childhood of the mother in Blackish.

The Mayor is the new Ted Danson vehicle, only 2 episodes old. I’m liking it.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Final space is a great show. I'm working my way through Brooklyn 99 again. Disenchantment was okay as a series. Swedish dicks (short for detectives) was entertaining, ended up bingewatching that after my friend told me about it.

I watched these on Netflix NZ so not 100% which ones will be available in the UK.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Better Off Ted - superscience and wacky corporate overlords!

The Good Place - okay, this one will make you think, but probably after the fact. In the meantime, it is wonderfully fun.
Better off Ted is still one of my favourite shows. Wish it lasted longer.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I’ve been watching british comedy quiz shows lately. 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown is my fave. QI another good one.

Remove ads