Need tv recommendations!

- Letterkenny. Imagine the fast talking, pop reference style humor of The Gilmore Girls in a half hour sitcom about Canadian rednecks. I like it a lot.

- The Kids in the Hall. Amazing 90s sketch comedy. Also Canadian.

- I'll second Community and Scrubs.

Ryujin

Legend
- Letterkenny. Imagine the fast talking, pop reference style humor of The Gilmore Girls in a half hour sitcom about Canadian rednecks. I like it a lot.

- The Kids in the Hall. Amazing 90s sketch comedy. Also Canadian.

- I'll second Community and Scrubs.

Also good is "The Royal Canadian Air Farce" most notably, in my opinion, for Dave Broadfoot's "Corporal Renfrew of the RCMP." Sketch tag line: "When I regained consciouness..."

"Kids in the Hall" and "The Frantics: Four on the Floor" are both incredibly good Canadian sketch comedy shows. The super hero "Mr. Canoehead" is a staple of the latter.

The Almighty Johnsons - Norse mythology meets dysfunctional New Zealand family. Three seasons and it wraps up cleanly, though the creators clearly wanted more.

Farscape - I've been rewatching it and it has a lot of great adventure ideas to mine. Since it's like 20 years old I doubt anyone you're gaming with will notice.

R_J_K75

Legend
I subscribed to Discovery+ last week for $4.99 USD/mo. There are commercials but they're maybe 20 seconds long, and there's a higher tier without them. You get 7 channels which is quite a bit of content for the price.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
KitH was a great show! Dave Foley (Lex in the sketch posted above) went on to other great stuff, including the classic NewsRadio. Lots of talent on that show in all roles, because it was well cast.

R_J_K75

Legend
KitH was a great show! Dave Foley (Lex in the sketch posted above) went on to other great stuff, including the classic NewsRadio. Lots of talent on that show in all roles, because it was well cast.

Can you find a video of the other sketch where Lex and Dean work in the grocery store? I cant seem to find it and I looked earlier. That one was the better of the two.

Zardnaar

Legend
The Almighty Johnsons - Norse mythology meets dysfunctional New Zealand family. Three seasons and it wraps up cleanly, though the creators clearly wanted more.

Farscape - I've been rewatching it and it has a lot of great adventure ideas to mine. Since it's like 20 years old I doubt anyone you're gaming with will notice.

What service has it? I watched season 1 in NZ but idk where to watch now.

I did a rewatch if Married With Children recently. Oyt's on Amazon. Still offensive but it's so over the top.

Inbetweeners as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases