D&D 5E NeMoren's Vault: Back After 20 Years!

Back in the heady days after the Open Gaming License was launched 20 years ago, and third-party D&D stuff had become a big thing, NeMoren's Vault was one of the first adventures I ran. Published by Fiery Dragon Productions, and illustrated by - amongst others - my friend Claudio Pozas (who can't remember his EN World login), this one is one of those stored memories for me. It opens with the...

Back in the heady days after the Open Gaming License was launched 20 years ago, and third-party D&D stuff had become a big thing, NeMoren's Vault was one of the first adventures I ran. Published by Fiery Dragon Productions, and illustrated by - amongst others - my friend Claudio Pozas (who can't remember his EN World login), this one is one of those stored memories for me. It opens with the adventurers being read a will.

Now, they've re-released it. The 20th Anniversary Edition is available on DTRPG for $7.99.

Baron Paytro NeMoren had left his dark past sealed for decades in the family's underground vault. Now, three years after his death, a group of inheritors have gathered according to his final wishes. At long last, the seal will be broken and the secrets of the vault revealed.

NV20Cover.jpg

Fiery Dragon James Bell says "One of the first decisions we made when talking about the 20th Anniversary version of NeMoren’s Vault was that we weren’t looking to have a re-do and use it as a way to launch a new RPG company. Instead, we were looking back on all the work we had done and all the fun we had, and wanted to celebrate those years and the accomplishments we had during that decade. We weren’t looking for a massive re-write or a complete overhaul of the adventure – we just wanted to update it, polish it up a bit, and make it available again as a celebration of those amazing early days of the Open Game License."

Croesus

Adventurer
I played the original. Basic dungeon crawl with good mix of fights and puzzles. Had a nice 1E feel, but with more story. The puzzles weren't too difficult, though we failed to solve at least one of them. Plenty of backstory and family history discovered during the adventure. If memory serves, it was nicely balanced and we did successfully complete the mission. I remember it as one of the better 3E modules, definitely better than larger, more well known adventures such as Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I played the original. Basic dungeon crawl with good mix of fights and puzzles. Had a nice 1E feel, but with more story. The puzzles weren't too difficult, though we failed to solve at least one of them. Plenty of backstory and family history discovered during the adventure. If memory serves, it was nicely balanced and we did successfully complete the mission. I remember it as one of the better 3E modules, definitely better than larger, more well known adventures such as Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.
Nice thanks. I heard Return to ToEE was not as good as other modules. Guess your experience bears that out.

am181d

Adventurer
A friend ran this as part of a larger campaign where we rotated DM responsibility. (So even though it was a canned adventure, a lot of the details got absorbed into the larger campaign.) I remember it being a lot of fun, but most of the details beyond the basic set-up are murky now. Maybe there was an Otyugh?

am181d

Adventurer
A friend ran this as part of a larger campaign where we rotated DM responsibility. (So even though it was a canned adventure, a lot of the details got absorbed into the larger campaign.) I remember it being a lot of fun, but most of the details beyond the basic set-up are murky now. Maybe there was an Otyugh?

Retreater

Legend
I found my original module of this one over the holidays. If anybody has any questions about the 3.0 version, let me know, and I'll take a look.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads