3PP Release New 3PP Release: Manual of Adventurous Resources: Battlemages!

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
Update: Thankfully WotC did not burn down the TTRPG industry in January, and with some breathing room, I went back and redid the layout on this release. If it's still April of 2023, this link will get first 1,000 people to use it in April a 10% discount on the newly redone version. If you were one of the initial purchasers, you just need to check your downloads for the prettier files.
Battlemages Cover.jpg

Last edited:

Pedantic

Legend
Oh boy, we are in a bad place, and I sincerely hope we get some better news about the OGL.

Thanks for pushing this out. I completely understand we're dealing with a rushed layout given the circumstances, but that background sigil is rough behind text. I'll persevere because this is an incredibly exciting area of rules development, but I really hope an updated layout is ultimately in the cards.

Timespike

Oh boy, we are in a bad place, and I sincerely hope we get some better news about the OGL.

Thanks for pushing this out. I completely understand we're dealing with a rushed layout given the circumstances, but that background sigil is rough behind text. I'll persevere because this is an incredibly exciting area of rules development, but I really hope an updated layout is ultimately in the cards.
I can try and make that a bit less in-your-face tomorrow. That's a relatively simple fix that I can tinker with now that the product itself is out. If it comes down to it, I can just delete it, but I'll probably try some other tricks first.

Pedantic

Legend
I can try and make that a bit less in-your-face tomorrow. That's a relatively simple fix that I can tinker with now that the product itself is out. If it comes down to it, I can just delete it, but I'll probably try some other tricks first.
I appreciate it, I think it just needs to be a little higher transparency so it doesn't draw the eye.

Pedantic

Legend
Immediate thing that jumped out at me. Should wrathburners be making concentration checks in reaction to the psychic damage they take for concentrating on spells? As written, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't, but I can't tell if that's an intended risk of the class.

Timespike

So I've got the opacity all the way down at 5% for the sigil and I've tried moving it around behinf other layers. No dice. I'm still getting the same output from the PDF export, which is deeply frustrating. It's supposed to be a subtle watermark, not an in-your-face graphic. In the interest of legibility, I've deleted the sigil. It adds a little bit of visual interest, but it's more important to be able to actually read what you've purchased. The new file is uploading now and should be available soon.

The Arcane Showoff was somehow missing a feature (Warrior-Mage Style) that gave it access to 5 Fighter multiclass spells, so that's back in. I also fixed some missing page numbers.

And to answer your mechanical question: yes, Wrathburners should be making concentration checks. They'll rarely fail, but it's part of the whole "unstable" feel to impose that on them.

Timespike

Also: I've still got the layout program open, so if you find any issues in the new version, please let me know and I'll get those fixed, too.

For the Cutting Omen's Martial Caster Stance, is it supposed to be for spells cast as an action that are higher level than a cantrip? Cause I started scouring the rules as soon as I saw that and only restriction I found regarding casting multiple spells in a round with bonus action spells is that the one cast as an action needs to be a cantrip.

As a side question, for the Martialist Warlock (which I love), is there any intent for them to be able to utilize their Eldritch Blast with their maneuvers, similar to the Dread Knight from GPG? Since it occupies the nebulous region of "not a weapon attack" and despite using a spell attack modifier it's "not cast as a spell". Just seems like it would have appropriate to have a clause to be treated a weaponry cantrip for the warlock for interacting with other abilities or something.

Remove ads