D&D 5E New Character Decisions

ccs

41st lv DM
I'd make Bard. Definitely a Bard.
Why? Because it's one of my favorite classes no matter the edition. Though believe it or not, not one I've gotten around to playing yet in 5e. :( (I DM 5e far more than I get to play it) So if it seemed a Bard would fit the campaign....

1/2orc or Warforged, hmmm.
For something (probably) more serious I'd pick the 1/2orc. If less serious then I'd absolutely make him a Goff Rocka from Warhammer 40k:
goff_rockers.jpg

(definitely gotta be the ork in the top hat. :))
But OMG there's sooo many goofy/silly concepts I could use a Warforged chasis for. Sooo tempting. And I could make THIS: a 40k Noise Marine!
Noise Marine.jpg

I guess I'd have to base the 1/2orc/Warforged and the seriousness decisions on the group & campaign.
But 100% a Bard.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Game starting up, for which I am making a character. Setting is generic fantasy world, as opposed to specific FR or Greyhawk.

We have...

A goliath fighter/rune knight. A dragonborn druid of the Circle of Wildfire. An artificer of as-yet unspecific race or subclass, a monk of unspecified race or subclass, and me. Setting is generic fantasy world, as opposed to specific FR or Greyhawk.

I have myself down to a 2x2 decision space - half-orc or warforged, Wizard or Bard.

Not that any of you are me, but for sake of discussion - given that set of four characters, what would you go with, and why?
Half-Orc Bard, characterization a la Christian Kane. Lots of brooding and guitar.

Richards

Legend
A warforged wizard, whose spellbook consists of a series of punch cards he loads into a slot in his chest one at a time - loading the cards is the final stage of spell preparation each morning (and if needed, he can load the same spell card in multiple times to have the spell prepared more than once, or delete previously stored spell-slots to make room for a different spell in that slot). As he learns new spells, he meticulously 'translates" them into new punch cards that can be loaded into his system. And the chest cavity opens up to allow him to retrieve his "loaded" spell cards.

Johnathan

Vael

Legend
I'm liking a lot of the Warforged ideas, and it is one of my favourite races to play. But, in the interest of pitching another option, I like the idea of a Half-Orc Bard that goes deep on Skald part of the class, choosing either College of Swords or Valor. A warrior poet that recites epic histories.

Remove ads